Transaction code ABUMN - Enter Asset Transaction : Transfer within Company Code
- Enter Asset to be transferred
- Enter Document date, Posting date and Asset Value date.
- The asset value date is the value date for Asset Accounting. It can deviate from the posting and document date and be in posting periods already closed for Financial Accounting. However, the posting year and asset value year must be the same.
- If you want to enter a new description, you can enter it in the description field. If you want to carry over the existing description, leave the field blank.
- Enter new asset class. Asset class determine the accounts to which depreciation expense is posted.
- If you are transferring from one business unit to another, you should enter the old asset class.
- Click New asset -> Click Master Data
- In the Reference section, it will default to Sending asset
- Enter the business area and cost center to which the asset is to be transferred. If the asset has inventory number plant and location, enter them in the respective fields.
- Click on Additional data to go to the next screen.
- Click on the Tabstrips Depreciation Areas.
- The remaining useful life should be entered. Since the asset will just be transferred, it will be treated as an acquisition in the new business unit
Note :- To Change your Asset Classes :-
IMG -> Financial Accounting -> Asset Accounting -> Organizational Structures -> Asset Classes -> Copy Asset Classes from Reference