How to trigger 'Import into cube append' option?
Actually, No UI (User Interface) level changes have been done. User can modify the value of "DATATRANSFERMODE" in the dynamic script of the package.
- TASK(LOAD AND PROCESS, DATATRANSFERMODE, 4) = import into cube.
- TASK(LOAD AND PROCESS, DATATRANSFERMODE, 9) = import into cube append. If the user chooses this method then BPC will not calculate the difference in the database.
For Example (Import Package):
- First, log in to BPC for Excel
- Now navigate to eData - Organize Package List - Import package then right click and choose Modify Package.
- Now on the right side to File click View Package
- Now choose 'Tasks and find Load and Process'.
- Now at last click Advance on the right top and change the value of TASK (LOAD AND PROCESS, DATATRANSFERMODE, 4) from 4 to and save.
Note: User can perform modification of any package as he wishes, but keep in mind that the if the packages have been updated or not