When i tried to download a SAP Note with SNOTE in my SAP System, i received an error
Error in remote connection to destination SAPOSS: Unable to interpret as a number.
SAP Note *** is not available.
The RFC connection SAPOSS is too slow although i use the Logon Group 'EWA' after i implemented SAP Note.
The Note is not replicated to SAPNet R/3 Frontend. SAPNet R/3 Frontend is too slow because all the dialog processes in the [EWA] servers are occupied with the EarlyWatch Alert data transfer from customers' systems into SAPNet R/3 Frontend. This can occur on Monday and Tuesday when we receive most of the data packages.
In order to improve the download speed, you can use a different RFC-destination for connecting to the SAPNet R/3 Frontend. In order to do so, the following two changes are necessary:
1. Create a new RFC-destination with name "SAPSNOTE" by copying destination SAPOSS:
- Call transaction OSS1. In the standard system, this creates connection SAPOSS.
- Call the configuration screen for RFC connections (transaction SM59).
- Expand the ABAP Connections node and select the connection SAPOSS by double clicking it.
- On the Technical Settings tab page, change the client to OO1. Now select the Logon & Security tab page and enter CPIC as the password for connection SAPOSS. Save your data.
- Choose Connection -> Copy and enter SAPSNOTE as the name of the new destination.
- Change the following parameters in the new RFC connection: Tab page: Technical Settings
Load Distribution: Choose Yes.
Target System ID: Enter OSS.
Group: Enter 1_PUBLIC.
- Change the following parameters in the new RFC connection: Tab page: Logon & Security
Client: Enter 001.
User: Enter OSS_SNOTE.
Password: Enter CPIC.
2. As an alternative solution, you can also download the Note from SAP Service Marketplace with SAP Download Manager and upload it with SNOTE in your SAP system. Please note that you can download an SAP Note only with SAP Download Manager.
- Display the Note with the Note number.
- Start your Download Manager in your PC (If you do not have it, install it from http://service.sap.com/download-basket --> Get Download Manager).
- Logon to your SAP system.
- TA: snote
- [Menu] Goto --> Upload Notes