By implementing “BADIHRHP00_PMP_PROCESS” you can use multiple templates for Predefined appraisal in performance management. If you want to be sure whether associate appraisal method is applicable for one set of employees and second method for an additional set of employees you have to make custom implementation of this “BADI”.
BADI stands for “Business Add Ins”
BADI is the new sweetening technique that is typically based on ABAP Objects. BADI is an associated exit purpose that permits specific trade sectors, partners and customers that will connect to further package i.e. additional software to standard SAP source code without changing the initial object. The customization of the logic according to requirement or anybody wants to use the standard logic that is available can be used by the users of Business Add-ins.
The infrastructure of Business Add-ins”BADI” depends upon the multi-level system landscape (SAP partner, customer solutions, country versions and industry solutions.
While doing the transaction CAT2 which means Time Sheet Entry, “HR” needs to incorporate an interactive acknowledgement which will help in submitting incorrect knowledge is grounds for dismissal. This all will be achieved by using BADI.
There are different views of the BADI’s are:
1) Definition View: A view that can help the programmer to predefine the exit points in the source to attach additional software to standard SAP source code without changing the initial object.
2) Implementation View: To check whether the users of BADI customize the logic ,they need to a standard logic if available.
These are the few features of BADI:
1) BADI is object oriented
2) They can be implemented many times
3) No need to use SAP software Change Registration
4) Never effected while release up gradation on the functioning of BADI’s
So using these ways to use multiple appraisal templates in performance management, you'll do it very easily....:)