A report that contains a hierarchical dimension that you can use it as a field in a report table that is report is known as Web Intelligence. You will not find the list of values at the top level of the hierarchy while using this report but this report will contain a report – level filter on the hierarchy dimension levels. Next you have to select “Hierarchical Navigation”>”All”>”Collapse All Hierarchies “on the hierarchy field in the report table that will affect the data to be vacant from the table.
SAP Business Objects Business Intelligence 4.0 will support Web Intelligence and the reproducible in the Web (DHTML) and Java (Rich Internet Application) in BI Launchpad and also the web intelligence rich client (WRC).
Steps for the Web Intelligence Report:
- You have to make a Web Intelligence Report using Aa BEx query that contains a hierarchical dimension.
- Now you have to place the hierarchical dimension in to a table on the report canvas.
- Now you have to make a report variable on the hierarchy dimension which uses the .depth function to specify the hierarchy levels.
- Now you to merge a report-level filter using the depth variable.
- Now click on the hierarchical dimension in the table on the report canvas.
- Now you will see that the table on the report canvas will be vacant now and the “Hierarchical Navigation” option will not be available in the context menu after you click the hierarchical field.
Hope this article will clear all your articles related to web intelligence.