I currently have two SATA3 drives on the same controller. I have noticed that when I transfer from one of the drives to my server, I see 90-110 megabytes per second; this is done via a gigabit Ethernet. However, if I am transferring between the two drives, I only see rates half that. I would’ve thought that with SATA3 I could at least see about 200 MB/s (100 up, 100 down) because theoretically SATA3 has a max of 6 gigabit per second. Am I misunderstanding how the controllers work for this?
- Why would all the SATA ports give different speeds? Surely the controller is not different for odd and even numbered ports?
- NAS Transfer Speeds So Low?
- How to transfer this stock IM to WM?
- Would NAS Drives Work Individually Attached Via SATA Ports on a Motherboard?
- SATA drives with too many bad sectors
- Lower- Uper limit confirmation
- SAP PLUG & PLAY HARD DRIVES - LATEST
- Does a Company\'s Hard Drives Differ That Much Between Models?
- Sales and Distribution and WM