xRPM 4.0: Performance FAQ
Question:You want to prevent or recognized problems concerning performance.
Please take into account the following aspects during building up the 4.0 system:
Concerning technical set-up of your system
* Install always the last available SP of the application. Please take into account that corrections can only be provided for the last available SP and for no previous SP.
* Use 64 bit systems (and not 32 bit systems)
* Check the configuration of the JCO pool size and calculate the necessary size based on the users your expect in parallel in the system and the application parts they use in parallel.
* Check the configuration of the application threads. As maximum number the value 100 would make sense.
Concerning configuration set-up of your system
* Customer Fields
The performance depends linear on the additional data amount because of the customer fields. If you want to use so many customer fields that the data amount (width of table) is significantly increased (for example doubling the table size)
o do not use the standard detail screens but create your own detail screens which only include your customer specific fields.
o limit the number of fields which should be displayed in the dashboards by the IMG configuration of the dashboards
Do not maintain too much ACLs in the objects, especially when the ACL should be inherited from one object to another. As the performance is also influenced by the bucket structure no concrete numbers can be provided.
* Bucket Structure
Build up the bucket structure like your organizational structure:
o Under each bucket only few subbuckets
o Under each subbucket only few subbuckets
o Under each subbucket only few items
* Financial & Capacity Planning
o If the number of xRPM items for which the report RPM_FIN02 is run is toohigh, use the 'Process in Background Sessions' option in the selection screen of the report. As this also depends on the data for the items no concrete number can be provided.
The performance of the review functionality depends linear on the numberof Items and Initiatives which are assigned to the review.Therefore take care that not too much Items and Initiatives are assigned to the Review.