Rebate vs Discount
- Rebate is a partial repayment, whereas a refund is a repayment of the total purchase price
Discount is reduction in Price
- Discount means ...it happens on a single purchase...when comes to rebate .....it happens on only after some particular period of time.
Rebates are retrospective in nature with a specific time frame or other conditions like Sales Volume, Sales Quantity attached to it.
- Rebate: an incentive to be given to a customer .clubbed with qty purchased by a customer within the period specified (say one month)-conditional.
Discount: unconditional,to be given to a customer on account of heavy purchase by one single billing.-From the price List(Base price).
- Reabte is a discount which is settled ate the end of a perod of a contract or an agreement.
Discounts normally given anytime.
- Rebate is basically Discuont on turover,means if u buy 3 shirts u will get discount of 20%,whereas if the no of shirts het reduced the discount will get reduced.
Discount doesnt depends upon the turover,it is fixed.and can only differ from customer to customer.
- Rebate is a retroactive agreement.it is given to a partial payment to perticular secheduled time.(1yr or 3 Yr).
Discount is given at a time to the customer.
- Rebate is given for the purchase of specified quantity or on the volume of the sales over a given period of time .
Discount is given on everyÂ goods purchased by the customer
Read Here for More SAP SD (Sales and Distribution) Tutorials