What can we do if administrator password is lost and there is no other account with administrator rights to log in the CMC and reset the password for user.
Please Follow the Below Steps:
To reset the SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform administrator account password
- Locate the CMS process: launch the Process Explorer utility, and locate CMS.exe.
- Copy the CMS command to the clipboard. In Process Explorer, copy the "Command line" field.
- Use the Central Configuration Manager (CCM) to stop the SIA. To launch the CCM, go to Programs > SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0 > SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise > Central Configuration Manager. Once you have confirmed that the SIA has stopped, proceed to the next step.
- Paste the CMS command to a command-line. Do not press Enter. Open a "Command Prompt" window and paste in the contents from step 3.
- Append the -serverconsole switch to the command and press Enter. For example, note that the following command has -serverconsole appended:
- "C:Program Files (x86)SAP BusinessObjectsSAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0win64_x64cms.exe" -loggingPath "C:/Program Files (x86)/SAP BusinessObjects/SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0/logging/" -port 6400 -restart -dbinfo "C:/Program Files (x86)/SAP BusinessObjects/SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0/win64_x64/_boe_ACME.dbinfo" -noauditor -autoboot -fg -name ACME.cms -pidfile "C:/Program Files (x86)/SAP BusinessObjects/SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0/serverpids/ACME_ACME.CentralManagementServer.pid" -serverconsole
- The SIA is launched in serverconsole mode. You will be prompted when the SIA is ready to accept commands.
- Go to the following folder: <BOE_INSTALL_DIR>SAP BusinessObjectsSAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0dfo The dfo folder contains a subfolder with a randomly generated name starting with dfo_.
- Copy the file named BusinessObjects_Administrator_dfo.xml from inside the dfo_ folder to the following folder: <BOE_INSTALL_DIR>SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0packages
- Enter the following query: select si_id from ci_systemobjects where si_name='Administrator' Four objects are returned. Record the SI_ID for each object. Tip: One of the entries should have the SI_ID set to 12.
- Delete the objects by typing the following command for each object: delete <ID_NUMBER>
- Verify that the objects have been deleted by re-entering the command from step 8: select si_id from ci_systemobjects where si_name='Administrator' No objects should be returned.
- Enter the following query: select si_id from ci_systemobjects where si_name='BusinessObjects_Administrator_dfo.xml' One object should be returned. Record the object's SI_ID number.
- Delete the object by entering the following command: delete <SI_ID>
- Type quit to exit.
- Use the CCM to start the SIA.
- Launch the CCM, go to Programs > SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0 > SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise > Central Configuration Manager.
- You can now log on to the administrator account without having to provide password (leave the "Password" field blank).