Definition of Java
Java is an object-oriented and general purpose programming language which was developed by Sun Microsystems. Java applications be carried through any Java Virtual machine (JVM) as they are most commonly compiled to bytecode (compiled format of a Java program) to allow execution through any platform program or operating system. JAVA programs can be run in any computer based system, ranging from desktop applications, financial service systems to Big Data Technologies. The Java language was designed to have a similar "look and feel" of C++computer language, however, it is comparatively simpler to use and work on.
HISTORY OF JAVA
Project “Oak” was the codename initially given to Java by the developers who were called the “Green team”. The team was lead by James Gosling alongside Patrick Naughton and Mike Sheridan. It was released by Sun Microsystems in 1995, and soon the Java project became more famous than the Sun Microsystems itself. The first Java versions (1.0 and 1.1) were released in the year of 1996 for Windows, Linux, Mac and Solaris.
In this day, there are 4.5 million professional JAVA developers worldwide. Accordingly, there a copious number of development tools available in the market to make application development process using Java easier and simultaneously improve the efficacy of the Java developers in order to design applications with improved functionality.
TOOLS YOU WILL NEED :
1) JDK or Java Development Kit is the first step to Java programming to develop applications and applets. This tool is a prerequisite for Java beginners.
2) Apache Log4j is necessary for the developers as it detects application failures.
3) Eclipse is arguably the best IDE according to the JAVA developers. It possesses several modern and new-age features, along with having java testing tools, modeling tools, and a development framework feature.
4) Postman simplifies writing REST API requests due to its user-friendly user interface. Complex commands can be built easily by completing a form.
5) Net beans is famous for its use of modules which help develop applications.
“Java buzzwords” are features that Java possesses, which are as follows:
1) simple: Since the objective of creating the java language was to reduce difficulty, the developers have kept in mind to make it user-friendly and easy to understand.
2) Object oriented: Java uses pure OOP languages, which is safe and secure. By the use of “objects” behavior and data are organized into the software.
3) Portable: The java byte code can be carried to any software platform.
4) Robust: JAVA programming is said to be strong or “robust” as it uses hardy memory management, this effectively reduces security problems.
5) Distributed: JAVA language is called a “distributed language” as compilations in one machine, can easily be transferred to another platform.
JAVA VERSION WITH RELEASE AND WHAT’S NEW IN THEM?
Since its inception in 1995, the JAVA language has undergone several advancements and changes.
1) JDK 1.0: First model released in 1995.
2) JDK 1.1: Released in 1997, and major additions were made such as JavaBeans, JIT compiler, JDBC, RMI etc.
3)JAVA 1.2 – Released in 1998, major additions were strictfp keyword, JAVA plug-in, Swing Graphical API, etc.
4) J2SE1.3 – Released in 2000, where Hotspot JVM, Java Platform Debugger Architecture (JPDA), Javasound etc were added.
5) J2SE1.4- Released in 2002, this version saw a lot of additions such as assert keyword, Java web start, exception chaining, etc.
6) JSE 5.0: Codenamed Tiger, it was released in 2004, and new language features were added such as Generics, Metadata, along with standard library improvements and 22 updates.
7) JAVA SE 6: Released in 2006, major version changes include JAXB update, scripted language support along with 141 other updates.
8) JAVA SE 7: Released in 2011, additions include XRENDER PIPELINE, Timsort, MLFN update and 121 other version updates available to the public.
9) JAVA SE 8: Released in 2014, which included 121 updates and several security fixes.
10) JAVASE 9: Released in 2016, with additions such as jshell, Ahead-of-time compilation, and XML catalogue.
The newest version of JAVA update is called JAVA SE10. This update has attracted a lot of speculation from the mass, mainly because of the possible introduction of value types such as “objects without identity”.
Java programming has indeed revolutionized the world of internet language programming, and made tasks easier for future and current enthusiasts.
- SAP Java Connector (SAP JCo)
What is SAP Java Connector (SAP JCo)The SAP Java Connector (SAP JCo) is a toolkit that allows a Java application to communicate with any SAP System. It combines an easy to use API with unprecedented f ...
- What range of ports does JCo use when accessing SAP?
JCO accesses SAP over the standard set of SAP ports used to communicate with SAPGUI. In this case, JCO uses ports 3200, 3300, and 3600 depending on how the SAP application server is configured (single ...
- How can we Start JSPM?
The J2EE Engine and the SDM server are running.No application is connected to the SDM server. There can be only one connection to the SDM server at a time. For example, if you have an open SDM GUI, yo ...
- JSPM Support with NW04s (Java Support Package Manager)
Java Support Package Manager (JSPM) in SPS04 and SPS05 does not support a patch process on iSeries.This tutorial explains about all distinctive characteristic of patch process for Java Support Package ...
- Benefit and use of the Support Package Stack XML
You have selected an SAP Support Package Stack on SAP Service Marketplace at service.sap.com/sp-stacks. On the last screen, where you have to add the list with the corresponding files to your download ...
- Enterprise JavaBeans for Web Dynpro
The EJB 3.0 standard is a powerful Java Enterprise Edition (EE) technology for business components where Java Persistence API contributes to a simplification of creating and using Enterprise JavaBeans ...
- How do I resolve the error "JCO_ERROR_CONCURRENT_CALL" when running SAP JCo in a Web application?
Here is the exception report: com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (132) JCO_ERROR_CONCURRENT_CALL: Concurrent call. Connection currently used in another thread. at com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Client.execute(Unknow ...
- SAP Java, Course, Career and Certification.
Definition - What is SAP JAVA ? SAP java is an integration of the system applications of SAP with the composition of Java application tools. To manage business operations and maintain customer ...
- How can I access an SAP table using query_table through JSP? Please give me some code to access this. I am new to SAP but not to Java.
Check out the article Build a Java Web Application for SAP Right Now for a straightforward JSP that connects to SAP. This is a direct connection and you are not likely to use this in a production scen ...
- Java SQLException Error
While processing the XML file the following errors occured in the Audit log (sender Communication channel). 1. Putting message into send queue failed, due to: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.DeliveryExcepti ...
- Best Java Online Compiler
Online compilers or IDE are tools which allow us to compile and execute our source code of various programming language such as java, python, c++ etc.This tutorial explains the features of top online ...
- Downloading SAP JVM Switch Tool and SAPJVM 4
Downloading SAP JVM Switch Tool and SAP JVM 4 You want to replace the vendor JDK 1.4.2 of your SAP system with the SAP JVM 4. Before you start get a copy of the latest documentation available at ...
- Control activation of J2EE signal handler
In cases where the operating system reports an error via signals, the J2EE signal handler makes troubleshooting more difficult. The J2EE signal handler may sometimes prevent a dump being written to ...
- Can I use SAP JCo on the IBM OS 4690 operating system?
From the SAP support portal: "The SAP JCo 2.1.7 is unrestrictedly available for the following platforms: Windows NT/2000/2003, Linux (Intel processors, IBM eServer zSeries, Intel EM64T and AMD64 p ...
- JDK (Java Development Kit) Download and Installation Steps
This tutorial explains us about the definition of JDK, steps to download and install JDK, and Setting Path Environment Variable.What is JDK (Java Development Kit) ?JDK (Java Development Kit) is a ...
- Variable types and Data types in Java
Variable types Vs. Data type in JAVA This tutorial explains about various Variable types and Data type used to write a program in JAVA programming language. Variables Variables are m ...
- How Java Programming Works?
In this tutorial, we will learn about how a java program works, what is compiler and interpreter and how codes are executed in java Executing JAVA Program As we know the computer cannot und ...
- Run Java Program from Command Prompt
In this tutorial, we are going to learn how to write a JAVA program from a command prompt by typing the commands. We must have JDK installed in our computer system before running the JAVA program i ...
- Enabling SDK tracing for Java application servers in BusinessObjects Enterprise XI
In what way SDK tracing for Java application servers in BusinessObjects Enterprise XI Release 2 can be enabled?Where can the Log Files are found?In the current user's home directory in the .busine ...
- Polymorphism in Java
What is Polymorphism? Polymorphism is the ability of an object to have a different form. So polymorphism literally means the word polymorphism means having different forms and whenever you define a ...
- Java - Overview
- Java Interview Questions
- Java Tutorial
- Java Course and Certification
- SAP JCo Tutorial
- Java Tutorial for Beginners
- How Java Programming Works
- Best Java Online Compilers
- Java 8 New Features
- Difference between SDM and JSPM
- JDK Download and Installation
- Java Program using Eclipse IDE
- Eclipse IDE Download & Installation
- Run Java Program from Command Prompt
- Create Variables in Java
- Java Variable types and Data types
- Java String
- Polymorphism in Java
- Packages in Java
- Arithmetic Operators in Java
- Increment and Decrement Operator In Java