- What is Java
- Java Interview Questions
- Java Course and Certification
- SAP JCo Tutorial
- Java Tutorial for Beginners
- How Java Programming Works
- Best Java Online Compilers
- Java 8 New Features
- Difference between SDM and JSPM
- JDK Download and Installation
- Java Program using Eclipse IDE
- Eclipse IDE Download & Installation
- Run Java Program from Command Prompt
- Create Variables in Java
- Java Variable types and Data types
- Java String
- Polymorphism in Java
- Packages in Java
- Arithmetic Operators in Java
- Increment and Decrement Operator In Java
Definition of Java
Java is an object-oriented and general purpose programming language which was developed by Sun Microsystems. Java applications be carried through any Java Virtual machine (JVM) as they are most commonly compiled to bytecode (compiled format of a Java program) to allow execution through any platform program or operating system. JAVA programs can be run in any computer based system, ranging from desktop applications, financial service systems to Big Data Technologies. The Java language was designed to have a similar "look and feel" of C++computer language, however, it is comparatively simpler to use and work on.
HISTORY OF JAVA
Project “Oak” was the codename initially given to Java by the developers who were called the “Green team”. The team was lead by James Gosling alongside Patrick Naughton and Mike Sheridan. It was released by Sun Microsystems in 1995, and soon the Java project became more famous than the Sun Microsystems itself. The first Java versions (1.0 and 1.1) were released in the year of 1996 for Windows, Linux, Mac and Solaris.
In this day, there are 4.5 million professional JAVA developers worldwide. Accordingly, there a copious number of development tools available in the market to make application development process using Java easier and simultaneously improve the efficacy of the Java developers in order to design applications with improved functionality.
TOOLS YOU WILL NEED :
1) JDK or Java Development Kit is the first step to Java programming to develop applications and applets. This tool is a prerequisite for Java beginners.
2) Apache Log4j is necessary for the developers as it detects application failures.
3) Eclipse is arguably the best IDE according to the JAVA developers. It possesses several modern and new-age features, along with having java testing tools, modeling tools, and a development framework feature.
4) Postman simplifies writing REST API requests due to its user-friendly user interface. Complex commands can be built easily by completing a form.
5) Net beans is famous for its use of modules which help develop applications.
“Java buzzwords” are features that Java possesses, which are as follows:
1) simple: Since the objective of creating the java language was to reduce difficulty, the developers have kept in mind to make it user-friendly and easy to understand.
2) Object oriented: Java uses pure OOP languages, which is safe and secure. By the use of “objects” behavior and data are organized into the software.
3) Portable: The java byte code can be carried to any software platform.
4) Robust: JAVA programming is said to be strong or “robust” as it uses hardy memory management, this effectively reduces security problems.
5) Distributed: JAVA language is called a “distributed language” as compilations in one machine, can easily be transferred to another platform.
JAVA VERSION WITH RELEASE AND WHAT’S NEW IN THEM?
Since its inception in 1995, the JAVA language has undergone several advancements and changes.
1) JDK 1.0: First model released in 1995.
2) JDK 1.1: Released in 1997, and major additions were made such as JavaBeans, JIT compiler, JDBC, RMI etc.
3)JAVA 1.2 – Released in 1998, major additions were strictfp keyword, JAVA plug-in, Swing Graphical API, etc.
4) J2SE1.3 – Released in 2000, where Hotspot JVM, Java Platform Debugger Architecture (JPDA), Javasound etc were added.
5) J2SE1.4- Released in 2002, this version saw a lot of additions such as assert keyword, Java web start, exception chaining, etc.
6) JSE 5.0: Codenamed Tiger, it was released in 2004, and new language features were added such as Generics, Metadata, along with standard library improvements and 22 updates.
7) JAVA SE 6: Released in 2006, major version changes include JAXB update, scripted language support along with 141 other updates.
8) JAVA SE 7: Released in 2011, additions include XRENDER PIPELINE, Timsort, MLFN update and 121 other version updates available to the public.
9) JAVA SE 8: Released in 2014, which included 121 updates and several security fixes.
10) JAVASE 9: Released in 2016, with additions such as jshell, Ahead-of-time compilation, and XML catalogue.
The newest version of JAVA update is called JAVA SE10. This update has attracted a lot of speculation from the mass, mainly because of the possible introduction of value types such as “objects without identity”.
Java programming has indeed revolutionized the world of internet language programming, and made tasks easier for future and current enthusiasts.
- SAP Java Connector (SAP JCo)
What is SAP Java Connector (SAP JCo)The SAP Java Connector (SAP JCo) is a toolkit that allows a Java application to communicate with any SAP System. It combines an easy to use API with unprecedented f ...
- How can we Start JSPM?
The J2EE Engine and the SDM server are running.No application is connected to the SDM server. There can be only one connection to the SDM server at a time. For example, if you have an open SDM GUI, yo ...
- JSPM Support with NW04s (Java Support Package Manager)
Java Support Package Manager (JSPM) in SPS04 and SPS05 does not support a patch process on iSeries.This tutorial explains about all distinctive characteristic of patch process for Java Support Package ...
- What range of ports does JCo use when accessing SAP?
JCO accesses SAP over the standard set of SAP ports used to communicate with SAPGUI. In this case, JCO uses ports 3200, 3300, and 3600 depending on how the SAP application server is configured (single ...
- Benefit and use of the Support Package Stack XML
You have selected an SAP Support Package Stack on SAP Service Marketplace at service.sap.com/sp-stacks. On the last screen, where you have to add the list with the corresponding files to your download ...
- Enterprise JavaBeans for Web Dynpro
The EJB 3.0 standard is a powerful Java Enterprise Edition (EE) technology for business components where Java Persistence API contributes to a simplification of creating and using Enterprise JavaBeans ...
- How do I resolve the error "JCO_ERROR_CONCURRENT_CALL" when running SAP JCo in a Web application?
Here is the exception report: com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (132) JCO_ERROR_CONCURRENT_CALL: Concurrent call. Connection currently used in another thread. at com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Client.execute(Unknow ...
- How can I access an SAP table using query_table through JSP? Please give me some code to access this. I am new to SAP but not to Java.
Check out the article Build a Java Web Application for SAP Right Now for a straightforward JSP that connects to SAP. This is a direct connection and you are not likely to use this in a production scen ...
- SAP Web Application Server Java 6.40 on Windows: MS SQL Server
SAP Web Application Server Java on Windows: MS SQLPurpose This documentation explains how to install the Java part of the SAP Web Application Server (SAP Web AS) on Windows when your database is MS SQ ...
- SAP Java, Course, Career and Certification.
Definition - What is SAP JAVA ? SAP java is an integration of the system applications of SAP with the composition of Java application tools. To manage business operations and maintain customer ...
- Java SQLException Error
While processing the XML file the following errors occured in the Audit log (sender Communication channel). 1. Putting message into send queue failed, due to: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.DeliveryExcepti ...
- SAP2Java Generator Eclipse plugin
SAP2JAVA is a plugin for generating Java Objects from RFC enabled function modules in SAP R3 using SAP-JCO as the middleware.The SAP Java Connector (SAP JCo) is a toolkit that allows a Java applicatio ...
- Control activation of J2EE signal handler
In cases where the operating system reports an error via signals, the J2EE signal handler makes troubleshooting more difficult. The J2EE signal handler may sometimes prevent a dump being written to ...
- J2EE patch using SDM
I want to apply J2EE patches using SDM. Do I have put all these files in a specific directory or SDM will pick it up automatic. Where should I put these files (downloded from marketplace). I have ...
- Downloading SAP JVM Switch Tool and SAPJVM 4
Downloading SAP JVM Switch Tool and SAP JVM 4 You want to replace the vendor JDK 1.4.2 of your SAP system with the SAP JVM 4. Before you start get a copy of the latest documentation available at ...
- Problems starting JCo in Tomcat
I've got a problem using jco.jar with Tomcat. When I start my *.jsp-site I recieve following error-message (shortened): HTTP Status 500 - type: Exception report message: description The server enc ...
- How do I retrieve a list of parameters for a specific remote function module using SAP's JCo connector?
This can be a little tricky due to the nature of the RFC/RFM interface. Because an RFC is made up of parameters, structures and tables you will actually need to use two separate RFCs to retrieve all s ...
- Can I use SAP JCo on the IBM OS 4690 operating system?
From the SAP support portal: "The SAP JCo 2.1.7 is unrestrictedly available for the following platforms: Windows NT/2000/2003, Linux (Intel processors, IBM eServer zSeries, Intel EM64T and AMD64 p ...
- Can I update an SAP table from a Java program?
Is it possible to update an SAP table from a Java program? > EXPERT RESPONSE SAP does not recommend performing direct table updates to any delivered tables in SAP. The RFC/BAPI layer should pro ...
- Important restrictions surrounding the use of SAP's JCo connector
In general terms, which are the most important restrictions when using the Java Connector for SAP and Java RFCs for SAP? EXPERT RESPONSE One major concern when using JCo is simply that of SAP s ...