SAP BASIS FAQs
1) How would you define BASIS R/3
Basis is primarily a collection of R/3 system programs which present the user with an interface. By utilizing this interface the user can initiate the ABAP/4 programs. This is like an operating system for R/3 it sits between the ABAP/4 code and the computer's operating system.
2) How can user maintain roles in SAP systems?
In order to maintain the roles in the SAP system, user can use transaction code — PFCG
3) Distinguish between Support package, kernel and SAP note?
- SAP Note: is an error in a single transaction or program and this is removed by implementing a SAP note.
- Kernel: Kernel encompasses the executable files (.EXE) like other applications and when a Kernel is performed using a new version of the EXE file replaces the older versions.
- Support Package: SAP support packages is a bunch of corrections, this can be utilized by applying the transaction SPAM
4) Explain client administration in SAP systems?
For multiple login on single instance, a client is used in SAP system. User can create multiple clients on a single instance. Client administration also provides data security in which, one user with one client cannot see the data of the other user with another client.
5) Can we get a list of the users with development access on a particular system?
Yes. Table DEVACCESS will show the required details.
6) What is Tcode for displaying and deleting the locked objects?
Transaction code SM12 is used Display and Delete locks objects
7) How to find out the dialog response time?
Please use Tcode rz20 in order to find dialog response time
8) What is the use of t-code SCC3 - Client Copy & Transport Log Analysis?
Transaction code SCC3 can be utilized for monitoring the process of client copy which is functioning in the background or validate the log of front-end process.
9) How can the user transfer the package from one client to another client made by ABAPER’s?
- User logs into the client where he wants to transport ABAP package.
- Now use transaction 'scc1'
- Then transport the request which entails the ABAP package
10) Define SGEN in SAP Basis?
SGEN is an ABAP compilation. User can utilize the transaction SGEN in order to generate ABAP loads for a number of programs, classes, function groups, and so on, also for Business Server Page applications (BSP applications).
11) Is there any Table or function module in order to check Authorizations in user ID
Check AGR* tables (e.g. AGR_USERS, AGR_1251, etc).
12) The background job scheduler does not function on a server because an enqueue lock hangs on table BTCREMTCLN?
As of Basis Release 750, the background job scheduler itself validates whether a lock on the table BTCREMTCLN has been hanging for a longer period (at least 100 seconds). If so, the background job scheduler triggers the deletion of this lock.
13) How can we delete saved queues in SQM3?
- SMQ3 is ideally meant for exceptional cases which are then handled, and it's not unusual that there are thousands of entries accumulating.
- There is a report meant for cleanup SMQ3 entries, RSTRFCIT, however, this accepts TID and queue name as input.
- Therefore, there is no option available as such in case so many queues need to be deleted.
- Another option is that you may write a Z-report with function module TRFC_QINS_DELETE_QUEUE which deletes the mentioned saved queue
14) How can the user details be collected in transaction SM04?
Please follow the steps below to get user details:
- User Opens the transaction SM04 at application server where the session is functioning.
- Select the line of the user which must be analyzed.
- User Opns the menu User -> Technical Information.
- Now the complete output of the session is displayed.
For saving output in a file:
- Once output is opened, access Either via Menu List -> Export -> Local File OR press F9
- Please select the 'Unconverted' format.
- Now, at last, save the file on your machine.
15) DB error in client copy when there are plenty of address records?
A database committed in the Reports RS2ADRCL and RS3ADRCL during the client copy. As the reports delete all the address tables and all records deleted till the next database committed to the log files, the log files can result in an overflow.
Note: The deletion is performed in batches of 100000 records at a time and is later separated by COMMIT WORK
16. In which directory, the central system log will store?
ANS: LDAP Dir.
17. What is the t-code for Logon Load balancing? What is the use of logon load balancing text here to convert case?
T-code-SMLG; It allows you to dynamically distribute the SAP users to application server instances. You can increase the efficiency of individual work groups by setting up multiple logon workgroups that consist of one or more application instances.
18) In which directory, the transport Data files will store?
Tr. and R3trans
19) What is roll-in / roll-out / response time / wait time ?
Roll-in:- The amt. of time needed to roll user context info. into work process.
Response time:- Starts when the user request enters the dispatcher queue end when hte next screen is executed to user.
Wait time:- This is the time a user request sit in the dispatcher queue. (means It start when the user request is entered in the queue and end when the request starts being a process)
20. What is the command line to take a backup?
Use br tools for backup at os level
21. How to analyze this problem If sap system is down (Users are unable to login to sap system)?
In case if ur sap system down firstly checks ur network connections next see that all ur sap services are up and running i.e 3orcale services and 2 SAP services
Oracle services are:
- oracle agent
- oracle sid
- oracle listener
SAP services are
If the services are stopped bring start these services and bring down the sap and bring up the process view after that go ur console management and see the work process are up and running.
22. How can we import the transport request at operating system Level? While importing a transport request, what are the basic errors which you face?
Importing the request from the command prompt:
- tp add to buffer K9######
- tp import (target_SID> K9#### Client #
The common errors encountered during transports are:
- 0- successful transports - shows green color
- 4- successful tansports with warnings - yellow color
- 8- unsuccessful transports - red color
- 12- fatal errors
23. If any user is unable to execute any t-code because the authorization object is missing, How to add this authorization object to the user?
First, we have to go to su24 it shows the relation between objects classes and t-codes there we find all the object classes and authorization objects copy those missing object classes & authorization objects and paste in the s_tcode manually and do the user comparison then that user will be authorized to that transaction.
24. For example, consider a client 800. This client having 75 users. But 15 users account was locked. I want to unlock this 15 users account at a time. How to do?
You can go su10 where su10 is a mass user creation just unlock those 15 users by using the symbol unlock so that the user will get the previous permission and can use the user.
25. How to change the number of work process at OS level? How to analyze the status of work process at OS level?
Go to rz10 t-code which is used for (profile parameters)take the Instance profile and Extended maintenance display hit on change icon button. It displays the list of parameters change the parameters by (copy) go back and again(copy)go back and save after that bring down SAP Console management and bring up so that we can see the change in the parameters in the work process
26. How many enqueue work process allowed for sap system having 4 application servers?
Central system will have 5 wp and 2 services so that enqueue will reside in central system i.e (c.i+dbi) without the central system dialog instance cannot be loaded i.e application server so that all the dialogue instance(application servers) depends on one enqueue work process that enqueue wp resides in CENTRAL SYSTEM but any individual appl servers do not have a enqueue.
27. User wants to transfer 50GB of data from DEV to Quality. He is using the client export and import method; can you tell me how many hours take for client export and import? And also How many hours take for remote client copy?
For 50GB of data with help of export and import method, it takes almost half a day. Instead of DNG export and import method you can do the system copy it takes less time than export and import Cmg to remote client copy for sap_all it takes 3hrs and for other i.e sap_usr,sap_cust etc its take 5to 10mins bcoz we have only 90tables in this and in sap_all we have more than 52902 tables so that it takes much time.
28. For example, I scheduled one ABAP program as a background job, But it was running 10 days and above. How to analyze this problem?
Based on the priority i.e class A, class B, class C background jobs run when u give the highest priority to program or package it runs accordingly...boz one thing in background wp we do not have any particular time to complete the give particular program or package so that it takes time (therefore it is known as answer for long running jobs is known as background wp) if u want the job to be done immediately run the progrm immediately so that it goes to dia wp and completes the work in the specified time.
29. What are the configuration details of ECC6.0?
1.Server ConfigurationèHDD, RAM, OS, DATABASE.
2. System Configurationè HDD, RAM, OS, DATABASE.
The main h/w& s/w requirements of system configuration are
1.windows-2003 enterprise edition with latest service pack sr-2(service release-2)
3.rdbms or orcale 9.2.0.x or 10g
HARDWARE requirements are
1.Minimum of 80GB HDD
2.1GB RAM is preferable
For the server, the s/w requirements are one and same the H/W requirements differ PIV 4 r 8 processer max GB the individual can have for both the i.e RAM and HDD.
30. What are things we have to monitor in ST02, ST06, ST04, and ST03?
- ST02--------------Buffer and swap monitoring
- ST06------------- Monitoring of OS Resources CPU,RAM,HARD DISK
- ST04--------------Monitoring of Database
- ST03------------- Analysis of workload
31. When applying a support pack to sap system. Can you tell me what are errors you are faced?
Types of errors
- Cannot disassemble R-DATA
- Tp cannot connect to the system
- TP_STep failure
- Error reading EPS Parcel
- write access error
- cannot schedule RDDIMPDP Job
- SPAU_SPAD Check
- cannot import DDIC