SAP BASIS FAQs
1) How would you define BASIS R/3
Basis is primarily a collection of R/3 system programs which present the user with an interface. By utilizing this interface the user can initiate the ABAP/4 programs. This is like an operating system for R/3 it sits between the ABAP/4 code and the computer's operating system.
2) How can user maintain roles in SAP systems?
In order to maintain the roles in the SAP system, user can use transaction code — PFCG
3) Distinguish between Support package, kernel and SAP note?
- SAP Note: is an error in a single transaction or program and this is removed by implementing a SAP note.
- Kernel: Kernel encompasses the executable files (.EXE) like other applications and when a Kernel is performed using a new version of the EXE file replaces the older versions.
- Support Package: SAP support packages is a bunch of corrections, this can be utilized by applying the transaction SPAM
4) Explain client administration in a SAP systems?
For multiple login on single instance, a client is used in SAP system. User can create multiple clients on a single instance. Client administration also provides data security in which, one user with one client cannot see the data of the other user with another client.
5) Can we get a list of the users with development access on a particular system?
Yes. Table DEVACCESS will show the required details.
6) What is Tcode for displaying and deleting the locked objects?
Transaction code SM12 is used Display and Delete locks objects
7) How to find out the dialog response time?
Please use Tcode rz20 in order to find dialog response time
8) What is the use of t-code SCC3 - Client Copy & Transport Log Analysis?
Transaction code SCC3 can be utilized for monitoring the process of client copy which is functioning in the background or validate the log of front-end process.
9) How can the user transfer the package from one client to another client made by ABAPER’s?
- User logs into the client where he wants to transport ABAP package.
- Now use transaction 'scc1'
- Then transport the request which entails the ABAP package
10) Define SGEN in SAP Basis?
SGEN is an ABAP compilation. User can utilize the transaction SGEN in order to generate ABAP loads for number of programs, classes, function groups, and so on, also for Business Server Page applications (BSP applications).
11) Is there any Table or function module in order to check Authorizations in user ID
Check AGR* tables (e.g. AGR_USERS, AGR_1251, etc).
12) The background job scheduler does not function on a server because an enqueue lock hangs on the table BTCREMTCLN?
As of Basis Release 750, the background job scheduler itself validates whether a lock on the table BTCREMTCLN has been hanging for a longer period (at least 100 seconds). If so, the background job scheduler triggers the deletion of this lock.
13) How can we delete saved queues in SQM3?
- SMQ3 is ideally meant for exceptional cases which are then handled, and it's not unusual that there are thousands of entries accumulating.
- There is a report meant for cleanup SMQ3 entries, RSTRFCIT, however, this accepts TID and queue name as input.
- Therefore, there is no option available as such incase so many queues need to be deleted.
- Another option is that you may write a Z-report with function module TRFC_QINS_DELETE_QUEUE which deletes the mentioned saved queue
14) How can the user details be collected in transaction SM04?
Please follow the steps below to get user details:
- User Opens the transaction SM04 at application server where the session is functioning.
- Select the line of the user which must be analyzed.
- User Opns the menu User -> Technical Information.
- Now the complete output of the session is displayed.
For saving output in a file:
- Once output is opened, access Either via Menu List -> Export -> Local File OR press F9
- Please select the 'Unconverted' format.
- Now, at last, save the file on your machine.
15) DB error in client copy when there are plenty of address records?
A database committed in the Reports RS2ADRCL and RS3ADRCL during the client copy. As the reports delete all the address tables and all records deleted till the next database committed to the log files, the log files can result in an overflow.
Note: The deletion is performed in batches of 100000 records at a time and are later separated by COMMIT WORK