How to clear Tomcat cache?
Please follow the steps below in order to clear the Tomcat cache from Windows operating system:
- First, open the Central Configuration Manager and stop Tomcat with the help of stop icon.
- Now please go to the Default Tomcat cache Directory: <Default BI Install Directory>Tomcat6workCatalina
- Now you have to rename the localhost directory to localhost_old and then Restart Tomcat
- Now, at last, please launch the CMC or BI Launch Pad from the browser (this process may take some time because the localhost folder will be recreated and all content repopulated which is about 1 GB).
Please follow the steps below in order to clear the Tomcat cache from Unix operating system:
- First, go to the folder Install Path/sap_bobj
- Now execute the script './tomcatshutdown.sh' in order to stop the running tomcat process.
- Then go to the folder location 'Install Path/sap_bobj/tomcat/work/Catalina/localhost'
- And execute the following script in order to delete the content of the folder 'localhost' in step 3: rm -Rf *
- Now go to the folder location: 'Install Path/sap_bobj directory'.
- At last, execute script './tomcatstartup.sh' in order to start the tomcat process
- Now, wait until the cache is regenerated.