ISQL Utility vs DBISQL Utility
- Isql utility is command-line Interactive SQL utility which uses the Adaptive Server Enterprise Open Client API.
- Isql does not provide an option to create a user-defined database. Therefore if user needs to add their own database options they have to use dbisql Interactive SQL utility.
- Isql utility based on Open Client libraries and is initially designed for SAP Suybase ASE (Adaptive Server Enterprise), but compatible with IQ and Sql Anywhere.
- Execution of Transact SQL scripts is one of the scenarios where DBAs preferred isql instead of dbisql.
- Isql can get connected to IQ with open client isql, will implictly set, via login procedure, Quoted_identifier etc.
DBISQL Utility : dbisql Interactive SQL Utility
- dbisql (Interactive SQL) is a graphical utility which inlude Sybase IQ which allows users to execute SQL statements, display data from database and building script.
- The utility dbisql is recommended with IQ or Sql Anwyhere database, especially for DBA tasks, Loads, etc. It uses odbc or jdbc, and nativelly uses Watcom Sql language.
- dbisql is compatible working with in GUI (default) or in interactive (option -nogui).
dbisql -c "uid=<uid>;pwd=<pwd>;dbn=iqdemo;eng=<iqengname>" -x "tcpip(host=10.10.10.10;port=2638)"
Another way with dbisql is:
- dbisql -c "uid=dba;pwd=sql" -host 10.10.10.10 -port 2638