Values larger then 2*31 (2,147,483,648) - negative values
- In case if WAITTIME or SIGNALWAITTIME is above 2*31 then the display in /SDF/RSMSSVSE might be not - correct. This can be easily recognized by performing a drill down to the raw data of one sample interval: the error results in negative values being displayed here.
- Also you will notice that wrong data is shown by the evaluations 'Summarized by day' and 'Summarized Wait Statistics for Selected Day'. Here you will get unreasonable high 'Total Wait Time(ms)': 1,000,000,000 ms corresponds already to 277 hours, unlikely both for hourly and daily data. (For SQL Server 2000 e.g. the wait event OLEDB is likely to be effected.)
- Workaround: Please download the data and then evaluate them in a spreadsheet. The downloaded data are correct.
Language Support: The buttons are not - labeled in report /SDF/RSMSSVSE.
This isuue occurs when the user is logged on in a language other then English. Therefore to avoid this issue please use logon language English. (The report is not translated.)
Wait event names cut after 32 characters.
- This issue occurs only in older SAP basis releases on SQL Server 2008 because in the older SAP basis releases on SQL Server 2008 the wait events were introduced with more then 32 characters and therefore the new long wait event names are too long for the old (desupported) SQL Server command dbbc sqlperf(waitstats). But in older SAP releases this command is used to collect the wait time statistics. THis implies that all longer names are cut. This has some relevance as a few wait events do not differ within the first 32 characters, i.e. they can not be distinguished by the cut names.
- Also while using the classification scheme the event names in the scheme are needed to correspond to the names stored. And therefore scheme SQL10_32CHARONLY was created to fullfil this purpose. It is similar to the QL10 classification, but uses the event names cut.
Short dump BCD_ZERODIVIDE when using 'Drill Down' (happens also for other functionality)
Please implement SAP Document 1813674.
Short dump DBIF_DSQL2_SQL_ERROR with:
- The termination occurred in the ABAP program "SAPLSFMSS_DBUTIL" in "GET_DBUTIL_MSQ".
- This issue occurs only on SQL Server 2005 or later only; occurs only on SAP Basis 6.20 with 'schema-installation'.
- In order to resolve this issue please implement SAP Document doc 1235687.
- Background: In order to collect the CPU usage counters in this release sp_monitor might be called. In SQL Server 2005 only dbo has the right to execute sp_monitor. While the SAP system <SID> uses another schema (this is also called 'schema-installation', the schema normally named <sid>), the error occurs.
Short dump DBIF_DSQL2_SQL_ERROR with:
Termination occurred in the ABAP program "/SDF/SAPLRI_SQLSERVER" - in "/SDF/MSS_DBCC_COMMAND".
Solved with ST-PI 2008_1_* (see doc 1228898).
The RFC connection <SID> cannot be defined as usual in a standard installation (i.e. user were able to change it manually after system installation). On pre ST-PI 2008_1_* the user can either apply the correction instruction (1050818 0120061532) of this doc or as a workaround and the user can perform modification to the RFC connection <SID> it has no sideeffect in your system - the destination can be re-created as follows (this results into a destination similar to the installation default):
Delete destination <SID>
Enter <SID> into name
Enter 3 for type
When the collecting job runs a message like the following is written to the developer trace of the work process:
RFC 3165 CONVID 85868673
* CMRC=18 DATA=3 STATUS=1 SAPRC=0 comread MSS_TOOLS_AUTHORITY :
You are not authorized for S_ADMI_FCD / ST0R
RFC> ABAP Programm: /SDF/RSMSSVSH (Transaction: )
RFC> User: <username> (Client: <client>)
RFC> Destination: <SID> (handle: 1, 85868673,..})
RFC> Called function module: SMSS_RAT_DOWNLOAD
As the above stated issue this is related to the RFC destination <SID>. As above you can apply the correction instruction or change the RFC connection <SID> if it does not cause side effects in your system.
(This issue is only solved in post ST-PI 2008_1_*.)
The job name EarlyWatch_dbmon contains lower case letters. This is not supported in SM37 when selecting jobs by name (see SAP doc 717989').
As a workaround search in SM37 for jobs running ABAP report /SDF/RSMSSVSH.
In Support Package ST-PI 2008_1_* SP2 the program is changed in order to use the upper case letters only for the job names.