How Uninstall SAP MaxDB/SAP DB Software using SDBUNINST?
The first thing you need to do is to stop and delete all databases that were installed with the software package needed to be deleted. For this please follow the steps below:
1) First, determine the databases (usually there is only one database).
Use the DBM command given below
2) Now use the following DBM command in order to stop all of the databases for which the system displays the <dependent_path> directory to be deleted:
dbmcli -d <database_name> -u <dbm_operator>,<password> db_offline
3) And then use the following DBM command in order to delete the databases:
-d <database_name> -u <dbm_operator>,<password> db_drop
Uninstall SAP DB software or SAP MaxDB software
1. The database installation contains various different installation packages. In order to display these, please use the following command:
PCR 7301 /sapdb/programs 7.3.01.01 valid
PCR 7401 /sapdb/programs 7.4.01.19 valid
PCR 7240 /sapdb/programs 7.2.04.17 valid
PCR 7402 /sapdb/programs 7.4.02.07 valid
Server Utilities /sapdb/programs 7.4.02.07 64 bit valid
PCR 7250 /sapdb/programs 7.2.05.18 valid
Database Kernel /sapdb/ZW6/db 7.4.02.07 64 bit valid
Database Kernel /sapdb/LW6/db 7.2.05.18 valid
Base /sapdb/programs 7.4.02.07 64 bit valid
PCR 7300 /sapdb/programs 7.3.00.21 valid
APO COM /sapdb/ZW6/db/sap 3.0A.34 64 bit valid
- The PCR entries are those Precompiler runtimes which are installed and needed by SAP application servers.
- The server utilities include the X server, such as. Inside a running SAP system environment, the most updated X server is always used for communication. Only one single X server is started which is used by all databases on this host.
- The APO COM (only inSAP liveCache environment) states the installation of the database procedures (COM routines).
- Database Kernel is core software of the database.
- Base states the complete installation of all components.
We can apply different methods in order to uninstall the installed software. Three standard situations are described below. The following always applies: SDBUNINST must be called as the user root or as the administrator.
a) Uninstall entire SAP DB software or SAP MaxDB software
Use the following command in order to uninstall the entire SAP DB software or SAP MaxDB software:
b) Uninstall Dependent Package
In order to uninstall only the version-dependent software and preserve the client installation and server utilities on the host, please use the command given below:
-package "Database Kernel" -
In case If there are several installations of the 'Database Kernel' package on the host, the system will ask you while the uninstallation which of the installations must be deleted. For this, all installations of 'Database Kernel' will be listed as below.
0: Database Kernel in /
/ZW6/db 7.4.02.07 64 bit
1: Database Kernel in /
You just need to enter the number of the installation that you need to delete. In order to uninstall the 'Database Kernel'-dependent packages as well (TRex or APO COM or APO LC APPS, for example), please use the option 'autoresolve'. These packages cannot be used without the relevant 'Database Kernel' installation.
c) Uninstall all Software except Client Software
In order to uninstall all version-dependent software parts and server utilities and retain the client software, please use the command given below:
-package "Server Utilities" -