Home »APO (Advanced Planner and Optimizer)
SAP APO (Advanced Planner and Optimizer)
Definition or Meaning - What is SAP APO (Advanced Planner and Optimizer)?
Full form or SAP APO stands for (Advanced Planner and Optimizer), an innovatively designed and smartly packaged planning and optimization tool, is a fast becoming an indispensible component of supply chain processes.
The 8 application levels of APO are:
- Network design
- Demand planning
- Supply network planning
- Detailed scheduling and production planning
- Global availability,
- Vehicle scheduling and transportation planning and
- Supply chain management
This popular SAP application is packed with diverse in-built features and functionalities. It taps into real-time updates from retailers and others in the supply chain and offers accurate information in regards to customer demands. These updates generate "demand triggers" that address the productions cycles and delivery schedules to perfection; thus forecasting the right product quantity that an organization would need to cater to future customer demands.
SAP APO is integrated with SAP SCM and has helped companies customize the tasks of supply chain management to a large extent.
Functionalities of APO
- End-to-end business processes and planning of inventory.
- Collaborations with customers and suppliers through Supply Network Collaboration (SNC) or Inventory Collation Hub (ICH).
- Spare parts management with SCM 5.0 and other associated applications.
- Tight integration to execution (OLTP) systems like ERP with standard interfaces known as Core Interface Function.
Scope and Opportunity of a Career in SAP APO
Boasting of a heavy market demand, SAP APO certification paves the way for plenty of opportunities and higher paying jobs. Chennai, Kolkata and Noida are some of the hotspots for SAP APO jobs. They include the positions of senior consultants, chief managers, associate managers as well as entry level consultants.
Out of 10000 software professionals in India, 8 have an expertise in SAP APO. The demand for this subject is increasing on a daily basis and freshers are getting their due share of attention in this field. Bristlecone, Infosys, Mind tree and IBM are some of the companies looking for freshers as well as professionals in SAP APO.
An average package of 5.38 lac p.a awaits newcomers in this industry. Here, the top paying companies are IBM, ITC info and Accenture. Experienced personnel having 7+ years of experience can expect salaries in the range of 11.6 to 38 lac p.a.; along with an average rate of 13 percent of employee bonus after an additional year of experience
Become a Certified APO Consultant
Specifically built for project leaders, project members and analysts working with supply chain processes and demand planning applications, APO courses help in improving the skills of schedule planning, demand planning, pricing, supply network management and so forth.
To pursue a course in APO, an individual must possess:
- A university degree in one of the specialized fields: MSc, MCA, BE, Bsc, ME, MBA, etc.
- Sound knowledge pertaining to business processes, logistics and supply chain management.
- An awareness of SDAP and ERP tools.
- Basic knowledge of information technology and basic computer terminology.
- Good communication and time management skills.
APO applications sit at the heart of SCM and are readily integrated with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and SAP R/3 systems. Join up and take your career to newer levels of success –today!
- SAP APO (Advanced Planner and Optimizer) Certification Cost and Course Duration in India
SAP APO Courses & Certification FeesCandidates desirous of pursuing the SAP APO (Advanced Planner and Optimizer) course can contact reputed institutes across the country. The duration of this cour ...
- How to Copy a complete APO system
You want to copy a complete APO system with all its master data and transaction data from one installation (source system) to another installation (target system). If the source system is connected t ...
- What is SAP APO Benefits?
The benefits of the SAP APO, is that it provides the basis for an end-to-end supply chain management solution, seamlessly linking all key processes -- from order generation to production planning to t ...
- SNP: Standard Methods of Safety Stock Planning
This note explains the standard safety stock planning methods: SB, SZ, SM, MB, MZ, and MM within Supply Network Planning. 1. Introduction Safety stock is used to safeguard supply chain inventor ...
- Job Profile & Salary Package for APO Consultant
SAP APO certification opens gateway of opportunities towards high paid jobs. In India the places that offer good salaries are Calcutta, Chennai and Noida. The job profiles are of SAP APO consultant ...
- Release Restrictions for SCM 5.0
This note provides information about release restrictions for SCM 5.0. When SCM 5.0 was released, restrictions still applied to the productive use of certain functions (SAP wishes to inform cust ...
- Change in Product's Unit of Measure in APO
Hello, We are trying to change the UOM (unit of measure) of some of our products by flagging that product code for deletion and then change the UOM. Our problem is we cannot set the flag for del ...
- CIF error Open SQL-Array-Insert leads to duplicate records.
This error is caused by the CIF transfer of material versions. For material versions to be transferred correctly from the R/3 into an APO system, the R/3 table MATERIALID must be mapped in APO tables ...
- Why to choose APO over R/3 for planning?
Why do we choose APO over R/3 for planning? What are the inputs or other factors that make APO a better planning tool? Are the factors which make APO a better tool not available for R/3 planning? ...
- Change of date of planned orders between R/3 and APO
Changing a planning order in R/3 causes dates to be changed in APO even if no date-relevant fields have been changed. In the case of orders with consecutive accesses, incorrect receipt due dates are ...
- How to copy a Process Chain?
To copy a process chain to another process chain, goto the Process Chain you want to copy and then type copy in the tool tar and hit enter. It will allow you to copy the Process Chain to another Proce ...
- APO - R/3 Integration in Production Planning
Transferring Sales Orders from R/3 to APO Purpose If APO is used as a planning system for a product, planning may only be carried out in the APO System. Planning in R/3 and APO will react differ ...
- Creating planned independent requirement with "Create order"
The function "Create order" is called in the detailed scheduling planning board. A negative figure is entered in the quantity field in the respective dialog box. The function then creates a ...
- 10 Steps to Authorize Multiple Users in SAP
Authorizing users one by one is really a hectic job on a specific planning book (APO DP). It can become easier and you would be able to authorize multiple users at a time by selecting their IDs. Want ...
- Duplicate orders with same external number
The following root causes can result in duplicate orders with the same external number:In customizing the number range for APO planned orders was set to a smaller value than before. You set number ran ...
- Qualifications and Skills requires to become a APO Consultant
SAP APO application has helped companies to satisfy customer demands by through planning and customizing the tasks of supply chain process, production planning, pricing etc. thus this application h ...
- Is PP needed for APO?Advise please!
In US market, do we need to have grip in PP to survive in APO? I understand that out of the five components of APO, DP, SNP, PPDS, TVPS and GATP, DP doesnot need PP background. But it confusing when I ...
- SAP R/3 & APO-DP integration
When implementing only APO-DP with R/3: How do you propose to deal with materials (characteristic value combinations in APO-DP) that are not required anymore in the Forecasting process ? We upload t ...
- Using the Safety Stock Method
Using the safety stock method Safety stock methods AS, AT, BS and BT are used from CTM as MB. Use these methods in CTM as the combination from MB and SZ. Adv Safety stock calculation method ...
- Maintaining product master in R/3 or in APO.
In developing the APO system, many new functions which require setting options were created. For this purpose, the APO product master provides several fields which do not have any equivalent in the R/ ...