Oracle SQL Forum
I have a general question to just see the best pratices.
For a SQL PLSQL developer which developement tools and which features per tool should I use to make a good developement environement?
Thanks in advance.
• Benthic Software - PLEdit: a PL/SQL editor, one of several Oracle tools. [Commercial]
• Embarcadero Technologies - Development environment for SQL and PL/SQL, with optional debugger and profiler. Includes tools for Transact-SQL, Java, HTML. [Commercial]
• KeepTool - Oracle-related products include a developer's environment known as Hora, and a PL/SQL debugger. [Commercial]
• Log 4 pl/sql - Generic tool for logging, benchmarking, and monitoring custom PL/SQL code, inspired by "log4j" [Open source, GPL]
• Material Dreams - PL/SQL trace tool, table exporter, session manager, shared pool profiler, and other tools. [Commercial]
• Pl/Pdf - Generate dynamic PDF documents from data stored in Oracle databases using the PL/PDF program package. [Commercial]
• PL/SQL Developer - Single product that includes editor, and debugger. By Allround Automations. [Commercial]
• Pl/Sql tidy - Allows the user to tidy and format PL-SQL code in a batch file or DOS prompt. [Freeware]
• pldoc - Open source utility, analogous to javadoc, that generates PL/SQL code documentation in HTML. [Open source, LGPL]
• SQLGrid - An interactive query tool for Oracle developers. This is a SQL Worksheet replacement with a host of additional commands. SQLGrid provides a way to execute arbitrary SQL or PL/SQL code and also investigate how it is execute and its resource consumption. By Information Construction Company.
• SwisSQL - Oracle to Java edition helps convert Oracle PL/SQL procedures to Java. By Vembu Technologies. [Commercial]
• TOra - Toolkit For Oracle - Including browser, PL/SQL editor, and debugger for Linux or Windows. By Underscore AB. [Open source and commercial versions]
Sign up for STechies
Ask Question From Our Experts