In this tutorial, you will learn the step-by-step process to define the Product Master Hierarchy Type in your SAP system with a proper screenshot.
What Are Day Types?
Day types are functions in the SAP system that specifies the payment conditions on any particular day. An SAP system by default provides four types of day types, but users can define new day types as per their requirements.
Day Types Rules
Users can create a customized day type on the basis of the following rules:
- If Monday to Friday has a holiday, then how a user is going to pay?
- If Monday to Friday has any holiday, then how a user is going to pay?
- If Monday to Friday has any half-day, then how a user is going to pay?
- If Monday to Friday has any customer-specific holiday, then how a user is going to pay?
- If any Strike is in between Monday and Friday, then how user is going to pay the employees?
How to Define Day Types?
Please follow the steps below to define the day types:
Enter t-code SPRO in the SAP command field and execute it.
Now on the next screen click the SAP Reference IMG button.
Next, go to the following SAP menu path:
Time Management – Work schedules – Day types - Define day type
On the next screen, you will see the list of the previously defined Day types on your SAP system.
Next click on the New Entries button to define a new day type.
Now, fill the following field as shown in the image below:
- Day Types
- Short Text
- Day Type Text
Now click the Save button at the bottom to save the new day type.
Next, select your Customization Request id and press Enter to proceed.
You have successfully defined a new day type in your SAP HR system.