SAPF190 displays differences between indexes and balances/transaction figures
a) for G/L accounts
In the majority of the cases where an error occurs, the total of the indexes on the debit or credit side is smaller than the balance of the corresponding month. The most frequent cause is that the line item display was deactivated temporarily or was only activated later.
b) for customers or vendors
The cause is unknown or the indexes were deleted by a customer-specific report or not transported during migration from R/2.
Solution is carried out in three steps:
1. Make sure that report SAPF190 really ran at a time without postings.You can achieve this organizationally or by starting the report only for posting periods already closed and that no other miscellaneous activities are carried out on the accounts in question for these periods. In other words: No open items from these periods are cleared via payment program or manual clearing (incoming & outgoing payment) orclearings reset.
2. Start SAPF190 again with the compare parameter:'Documents/transaction fig.' activated for the same posting periods. If the result does not display any differences, then this means that the balances are correct and indexes really are missing. If and only if no differences are displayed in the 'SAPF070' part of report SAPF190 proceed as follows. - If, however, differences occur in the SAPF070 part, contact SAP immediately and do not make any attempts to carry out a repair. FIdevelopment support will undertake further processing. What is important is that the result of report SAPF190 is available in the spool.
a) G/L accounts
- Check whether the line item display was subsequently activated for the corresponding G/L account
(Transaction FS03 --> 'Environment --> Change documents').
- Check whether differences between indexes and balances for the corresponding G/L account really exist
(Transaction FS10 --> Double-click the corresponding debit/credit item for the incorrect posting period).
- Start report RFSEPA01 for the corresponding G/L account according tothe documentation for this report (be sure you have read this documentation beforehand). This report is in the standard system as of Release 3.0D. For earlier releases the report can be transported according to Note 31875. Refer to the related notes for report RFSEPA01 which are relevant for your release.
If many G/L accounts are affected, another more serious error is present which must be dealt with by Development Support (report RFINDEX, not in the standard system, neither on SAPSERVX).
Check whether differences between indexes and balances for thecorresponding customer/vendor account really exist (Transaction: FD10 or FK10 --> Double-click the corresponding debit/credit item for theincorrect posting period).
If you could not eliminate the differences with these measures, install report ZFINDEX in the system (see Note 195515) and contact SAP Support with the access data (system, client, user, contact person, line opening) as well as the affected accounts and company codes.