You must install at least Oracle patch set 10.2.0.2 if you want to use Oracle 10.2 in the SAP environment. In addition, apply the patches specified in this description. All patches currently required are available for 10.2.0.2. New patches will also be made available for this new one.
The next Oracle 10.2.0.4 has not been made available by Oracle yet. No date has yet been set for it. If 10.2.0.4 is made available by Oracle and has been tested and allow for use with SAP, it will be announced in this . Our aim is it to integrate all known corrections (patches) in these patch sets, so that the number of required patches is reduced by implementing the patchset.
Requirements for the Oracle client version
Oracle Instant Client
For SAP installations with the Oracle Instant Client, you must use at least Instant Client Version 10.2.0.2. You cannot use Instant Client 10.2.0.1.
All SAP installations on Unix platforms or Linux platforms that are based on an SAP EXT kernel (for example, 4.6D_EXT) or a 6.40 kernel with Oracle9i Client must use a new SAP kernel with at least Oracle Client 220.127.116.11 if you want to upgrade the database to 10.2. For more information:
For 18.104.22.168 Oracle Client
For 22.214.171.124 Oracle Client
New 640_EX2 kernel with Oracle Instant Client
For SAP installations on Unix/Linux platforms, a 640_EX2 kernel linked against Oracle 10.2 is currently being prepared.
Using MOPatch to apply several patches
You must apply a relatively large number of patches for Oracle 10.2.0.2.
Installation of Critical Patch Updates (CPUs)
You are unable to apply CPU patches for Oracle 10.2.0.2 up to and including April 2007 because of patch conflicts with other mandatory patches in the SAP environment. The Oracle CPU patch registered with the date July 16, 2007 is the first CPU patch for 10.2.0.2.
Relevant terms for Critical Patch Updates:
Critical Patch Updates (CPUs)
CPU patches July 2007
Difficulties with the installation?
If you encounter difficulties when installing Oracle software but first check the workaround that is already known.
Individual patches for UNIX and Linux platforms
The individual patches, which are listed below as required patches, are available for UNIX and Linux platforms only. These are prerequisite to a smooth operation of your SAP system on Oracle 10.2.0.
Bundle patches for Windows platforms
The patches listed below are available as individual patch for UNIX and Linux platforms only. For Windows platforms, these individual patches are combined to form 'bundle patches'.
Equivalent names for these Windows collective patches are:
- Bundle Patch
- Patch collection
- Mini patch
The Oracle Database Server Versions and the patch number are part of the unique description of a mini patch. These are always specified in the README of a bundle patch. Example:
Oracle database server Version 10.2.0.2.0 patch 5
10.2.0.2.0 patch 5
Oracle Patches and Patch Sets on SAP Service Marketplace
Oracle Database 10g patch sets and patches are available for download from SAP Service Marketplace.
You can now find generic, in other words platform-independent patches for each under 'Generic'. They are no longer available under the platform-specific patches.
Recommendations for applying patches:
After you install and uninstall one or more patches, execute 'opatch lsinventory' to record the new patch status in an OPatch log.
To speed up the installation of patches, call OPatch with the option 'silent', in order to suppress the interaction between OPatch and the user. Before you do this, you must ensure that all prerequisites for applying the patch have been met.
You can also speed up the installation by calling OPatch with the option 'no_relink', to save time when you relink several times. If you use this option, you must then activate the link process yourself ('relink all'). MOPatch uses this option by default, and also ensures that the required linking operations are executed exactly once.
Instead of the recommendations mentioned above, you can use the MOPatch tool to simplify and speed up the installation of patches.. MOPatch was developed to automate, simplify and speed up theinstallation of patches using OPatch.
A Description about the output of 'opatch Isinventory':
For individual patches, the patch number is usually identical with the number of the bug is solved by the patch. However, in some cases the patch number and the bug number are different:
With merge patches: The merge patch number is different from the number of the bug that is solved in the merge patch.
Depending on your platform, the number displayed under 'Patch' may not be the same as the number displayed under 'Bugs fixed' (individual fixes).
For example (AIX 5L):
Patch 5090357: applied on Tue Nov 14 11:37:01 CST 2006
Created on 16 Mar 2006, 14:33:45 hrs US/Pacific
Bugs fixed: 4604970
If you want to use opatch to check whether a specific patch has been installed, search for the patch number. However, if you want to check whether a correction has been implemented for a specific bug, search for the relevant bug number in the 'opatch lsinventory' output.
Oracle Server Patches for Oracle 10.2.0.2 (UNIX)
You must apply the following patches:
1. Patch 5117016 Base Bug(s): 5117016 (*P) (*1)
2. Patch 5092134 Base Bug(s): 4523125, 4669305 (*M)
3. Patch 5107960 Base Bug(s): 4712638, 4722645 (*3) (*M)
4. Patch 4604970 Base Bug(s): 4604970
5. Patch 6046043 Base Bug(s): 5579457, 4460775 (*5)
6. Patch 4864648 Base Bug(s): 4864648 (*6)
7. Patch 4770693 Base Bug(s): 4770693 (*P) (*7)
8. Patch 4638550 Base Bug(s): 4638550 (*8)
9. Patch 5103126 Base Bug(s): 5103126
10. Patch 5369855 Base Bug(s): 5369855
11. Patch 5363584 Base Bug(s): 5363584 (see: 980805)
12. Patch 6321245 Base Bug(s): 5944076 6051211
6082745 6134565 5705630 5990716
6070954 5976822 5838613 5949981
3901785 5680702 5380055 5966822
5884780 5397482 5381446 5172444
5084239 5129407 5766310 5766310
5084239 5129407 4273361 4372359
4483240 4648181 4698023 4712638
4722645 4904838 5033476 5043097
5057695 5089444 5113934 5126551
5245494 5399282 5449488 5483301
5547058 5548510 5649765 5690241
5694984 5705257 5741121 5762598
See 981875 (*M) (*9)
13. Patch 5571916 Base Bug(s): See 985118.
14. Patch 5212539 Base Bug(s): 5212539 (see 983230)(*10)
15. Patch 4742607 Base Bug(s): 4742607 (see 1020225)
16. Patch 5010657 Base Bug(s): 5010657 (see 960417 )(*M) (*16)
17. Patch 5052029 Base Bug(s): 5052029 (see 960417 )(*M) (*17)
18. Patch 5363442 Base Bug(s): 5363442 (see 978807 )(*M) (*18)
19. Patch 5496862 Base Bug(s): 5496862 (see 980152 )(*M) (*19)
20. Patch 6033289 Base Bug(s): 50938375278380 5959612 5752105
5386204 5667736 5212539 5376783
4430244 4771672, 3279497
21. Patch 5063279 Base Bug(s): 5063279 (see 1003217)
22. Patch 5635254 Base Bug(s): 5635254 (see 1003198) (*G)
23. Patch 4899479 Base Bug(s): 4899479 (see 1013476)
24. Patch 5377099 Base Bug(s): 5377099 (see 1014418) (*P) (*20)
25. Patch 4668719 Base Bug(s): 4668719 (see 1015152)
26. Patch 4518443 Base Bug(s): 4518443 (see 841728 point 13)
27. Patch 5636728 Base Bug(s):5636728 (see 1021454)
28. Patch 4883635 Base Bug(s): 4883635 (see 1034919)
29. Patch 6340979 Base Bug(s): 4599763 4772145 5284303 5709414
30. Patch 5530958 Base Bug(s): 5530958 (see 1028099)
31. Patch 5618049 Base Bug(s):5618049 (see 1031682)
32. Patch 6153847 Base Bug(s): 5500044, 5638146, 5692368 (*M)
See 1033315, 1046765
33. Patch 5345999 Base Bug(s): 5345999 (see 1038659)
34. Patch 5941030 Base Bug(s): 5941030 (see 1039393)
(*G) Generic patch
(*P) Port-specific patch
Patch 5117016: For the Solaris 64-bit platform only
You must apply this patch. You must apply this patch BEFORE you apply any other patches.
Since patch 5107960 is part of the optimizer merge (as of patch 5464260 (*9)), it has been deleted from SAP Service Marketplace. For Linux on Power, fix 4712638 is available because there is no optimizer merge patch.
(*5) Generic patch: See s 830577, 841728 and 1054131.
(*6) Generic patch: See 841728.
(*7) For the Solaris-x86_64 platform only
(*8) Generic patch: See 819830.
Patch 5984705 is an optimizer merge fix. For a detailed list of optimizer merge fixes and the bug fixes they contain, see 981875. The corrections that are contained in patch 5107960 are part of the optimizer merge fix as of optimizer merge fix 5464260. Patch 5107960 (*3) is therefore removed when you apply patch 5464260 and higher before the relevant optimizer merge fix is installed.
The corrections of patch 5212539 are included in merge patch 5959612 (No. 20). Therefore, individual patch 5212539 has been removed from SAP Service Marketplace. Install merge patch 5959612 instead. If you have already installed patch 5212539, this patch will be automatically removed during the installation of merge patch 5959612.
(*16) For HP-UX IA64 platforms only
(*17) For HP-UX 64-bit platforms only
(*18) For HP-UX IA64 platforms only
(*19) For AIX 5.3 TL 5 (5300-05) platforms only
(*20) For HP-UX 64-bit platforms only
Optional Oracle Server Patches for Oracle 10.2.0.2 (UNIX)
1. Patch 4522561 Base Bug(s): 4522561 (*a)
2. Patch 4707226 Base Bug(s): 4707226 (see 961648)
3. Patch 5442780 Base Bug(s): 5442780 (see 972574)
This patch is relevant for HPUX IA64 only.
4. Patch 5391568 Base Bug(s): 4522561, 4883174 (see 978464)(*M) (*a)
5. Patch 4773931 Base Bug(s): 4773931 (*b)
6. Patch 5029334 Base Bug(s): 5029334 (*G)
7. Patch 4952782 Base Bug(s): 4952782 (see 1010392)
8. Patch 4689959 Base Bug(s): 4689959 (see 1019133)(*c)
9. Patch 5442919 Base Bug(s): 5442919 (see 1045320)
10. Patch 5581518 Base Bug(s): 5508574, 5567141
(see 1025537) (*M) (*d)
11. Patch 5593621 Base Bug(s): 5593621 (see 1054897) (*P) (*e)
12. Patch 5724540 Base Bug(s): 5724540 (see 1081325)
13. Patch 5308692 Base Bug(s): 5308692 (see 1089680)
(*G) Generic patch
(*P) Port-specific patch
Patch 5391568 is a merge fix. It contains the corrections that are contained in patch 4522561. Patch 4522561 (*2) is therefore only removed when you apply patch 5391568 before you apply patch 5391568.
This patch is a generic patch that is only relevant when you upgrade a database from 10.1.0.5 to 10.2.0.2.
Impact of 2007 USA daylight saving (DST) changes on Oracle:
If the database server runs in a time zone that is listed in the README file of the patch, install the patch on the server. Download the patch for platform AIX and refer to the README file that is contained in the patch.
This is only relevant for large systems with more than 31 CPUs.
This patch is only relevant for systems on HP Itanium VPAR platforms for which the number of CPUs is changed during productive operation without restarting the instance.
CPU patches for Oracle 10.2.0.2 (UNIX)
For the installation of CPU patches on Unix platforms or Linux platforms for Oracle 10.2.0.2, the following applies in the
CPU patches are optional.
Only apply a CPU patch if there are important reasons for doing so.
If a conflict arises between the CPU patch and another mandatory path, you must decide which patch you will install.
that CPU patches should not be installed in a collective installation using mopatch, but separately (individually) using opatch. The current MOPatch version does not distinguish between normal patches and a CPU patch. Therefore, when you download patches from SAP Service Marketplace, it is better to immediately save CPU patches and normal patches in separate directories.
The following CPU patches are d in the SAP environment for Oracle 10.2.0.2 for Unix platforms and Linux platforms.
1. Oracle CPU registered with the date July 16, 2007 patch 6079588: (see 1076362)
Read Here at Oracle Forum to get Answers for More Queries related to aforemetioned description.