» Oracle » Oracle Tutorial
- Error ORA-28001: the password has expired, during System Startup
you are getting this error because of resource PASSWORD_LIFE_TIME from the profile which is generally set to 180 days.To resolve the error please do as following:Check the database owner with the foll ...
- Parameter Recommendations for Oracle 10g Optimal Configuration of the Oracle Database
The following information contains SAP's recommendations for the optimal configuration of the Oracle database.For Oracle 9i or lower, refer to 124361 which referenced there.that the recommendations g ...
- Difference between Primary Index, Secondary Index and Clustered Index
Primary Index vs. Secondary Index vs. Clustered IndexHello Experts,Is there any one who can tell me what is the exact difference between Primary index & Secondary index and clustered index?Please ...
- BR*TOOLS and SAP DBA
1. What are BR*TOOLS and SAPDBA?BR*TOOLS and SAPDBA are utility programs for Oracle administration that are developed by SAP. BR*TOOLS are increasingly replacing SAPDBA functions.2. What BR*TOOLS are ...
- Oracle National Language Support (NLS)
1. What is National Language Support? National Language Support (NLS) is necessary for the following tasks: Converting character sets between client and server Supporting different langua ...
- Difference between Oracle SIDs and SERVICE NAMES
Oracle SIDs vs. Oracle SERVICE NAMESOracle SID is the unique name that uniquely identifies your instance/database where as Service name is the TNS alias that you give when you remotely connect to your ...
- List of Oracle Database 10g Patch Set
10.2.0.2You must install at least Oracle patch set 10.2.0.2 if you want to use Oracle 10.2 in the SAP environment. In addition, apply the patches specified in this description. All patches currently r ...
- SAP System under Microsoft Cluster Server (MSCS)
This note contains a collection of the most frequently asked questions and problems during the installation and the operation of an SAP System under Microsoft Cluster Server (MSCS). 1. Message: T ...
- Oracle Common MisConceptions
Some widely accepted information about the Oracle database is shown not to be entirely correct upon closer examination.1. The Oracle cost-based optimizer always selects the access with the lowest calc ...
- JDBC Channel Characterset: How to Set Characterset Field?
Suppose! You are using JDBC Channel in SAP to make a better communication. You are trying to insert Chinese characters in the table. You are using ECC to Oracle DB (Data Base). The chacterset on ...
- BC505 Database Administration Oracle
Introduction Course Prerequisites - Target Group - Duration 1- Prerequisites: SAP050 basis technology Technical core competence BC310 or BC360 (depending on theoperating system used) ...
- What is SAP Oracle, Course, Career and Certification?
Definition - What is SAP Oracle?In the past few years, SAP and Oracle have worked in a coordinated way to provide their customers with the popular SAP/ Oracle environment, with SAP applications s ...
- ORA-01455: converting column overflows integer datatype
ORA-01455 error in program SMIGR_CREATE_DDOn oracle database, while running the program SMIGR_CREATE_DD we get an error likes Error while creating DDSTORAGE entries for table <TABLE_NAME> Failed ...
- How to find the datafile which contains a particular table?
If you query DBA_EXTENTS based on segment_name equal to your table name you will see that the column FILE_ID will show you the database file where each extent is located. You can then use FILE_ID to q ...
- Upgrade the Database Using the Database Upgrade Assistant (DBUA).
Upgrade the Database Using the Database Upgrade Assistant (DBUA). 1) Set the ORACLE_HOME, ORACLE_BASE, PATH environmental variable to Oracle10g accordingly. 2) Start the Database Upgrade Assistant f ...
- SAP data archiving and GDPdU
Solution 1. Definition of the term: How is the term "archiving" used in the context of the GDPdU? The term "archiving" is very frequently used with different meanings in discussio ...
- What does 'SNIPED' status in v$session mean?
When IDLE_TIME is set in the users' profiles or the default profile. This will kill the sessions in the database (status in v$session now becomes SNIPED) and they will eventually disconnect. It does n ...
- Deleting duplicate rows in the table
I am searching for a way to delete the duplicate records in a table.. Is anybody having efficient way to do it..? The command is: DELETE <duplicate_col_name> dv FROM <table_ ...
- Difference Between Hot Backup and Cold Backup
Hot Backup vs Cold BackupCold Backup Cold backup needs to shut down your system which makes your system unavailable Therefore It is recommended to schedule cold backups during off-peak hours. All the ...
- Perform Consistency check of ORACLE database
How to Perform Consistency check of ORACLE database?Consistency check is used from time to time for a complete confirmation that there is no corruption in a complete database and also to discover any ...
- TEXT_IO code to write data to a flat file
PROCEDURE CREATE_FLAT_FILE IS -- DESCRIPTION -- Simple procedure to write to a text fille from a form -- NOTES -- Call this procedure from the WHEN-BBUTTON-PRESSED trigger -- REQUIREME ...
- MRP is Not Applying for the Archived Logs
MRP is not applying the archived logs because one of the archived log got corrupted in standby before applying. Same archivelog is missing in primary too.However tried to perform an incremental backup ...
- What will be the Steps as DBA? If Primary and Standby Database is Down.
If primary database is down what will be status of standby database? If Protection mode is Maximum Availability If Protection mode is Maximum Performance If protection mode is Maximum ProtectionIf sta ...
- Steps to Troubleshoot Oracle Connectivity
To troubleshoot & diagnose Oracle connectivity problems, follow this checklist: Check with "ping" using the IP address ("ping 188.8.131.52" Check with "ping" using DN ...
- Oracle ILM/ADO Parameter Setting
How to check or manage ILM/ADO parameter settings?SolutionWe can use the following SQL statement in order to find current ILM parameters:SQL> SELECT NAME, VALUE FROM DBA_ILMPARAMETERS;SAP has 2 add ...
- Oracle database unexpected growth in non ABAP environment
The user has observed a fairly fast and an unexpected growth in an oracle database which runs on the JAVA ONLY system. The issue can be due to various different reasons, please refer to the example ...
Oracle » | By: Sugandh | 01 Mar 2016 | Comments (0)
Oracle » | By: Shalesh Singh Visen | 18 Sep 2007 | Comments (0)
Oracle » | By: vaibhav gupta | 23 Apr 2015 | Comments (1)
Oracle » | By: rekha | 20 Mar 2008 | Comments (0)
Oracle » | By: rekha | 20 Mar 2008 | Comments (1)
Oracle » | By: Shalesh Singh Visen | 12 May 2006 | Comments (1)
Oracle » | By: Shalesh Singh Visen | 18 Sep 2007 | Comments (2)
Oracle » | By: rekha | 13 Nov 2007 | Comments (5)
Oracle » | By: rekha | 20 Apr 2012 | Comments (0)
Oracle » | By: SAP User | 11 Dec 2012 | Comments (0)
Oracle » | By: amit butola | 10 Feb 2012 | Comments (1)
Oracle » | By: Shalesh Singh Visen | 27 Feb 2015 | Comments (0)
Oracle » | By: vaibhav gupta | 08 Nov 2016 | Comments (0)
Oracle » | By: Shalesh Singh Visen | 12 May 2006 | Comments (0)
Oracle » | By: Shalesh Singh Visen | 31 May 2008 | Comments (0)
Oracle » | By: rekha | 20 Mar 2008 | Comments (0)
Oracle » | By: Shalesh Singh Visen | 09 May 2006 | Comments (0)
Oracle » | By: rekha | 18 Dec 2007 | Comments (0)
Oracle » | By: vaibhav gupta | 30 Jun 2017 | Comments (0)
Oracle » | By: SAP User | 11 Apr 2016 | Comments (1)
Oracle » | By: rekha | 15 Dec 2007 | Comments (0)
Oracle » | By: Shalesh Singh Visen | 30 Nov 2015 | Comments (0)
Oracle » | By: Sonia Barwar | 07 Dec 2015 | Comments (0)
Oracle » | By: DiigIT | 21 Oct 2010 | Comments (2)
Oracle » | By: vaibhav gupta | 26 Apr 2017 | Comments (0)
Oracle » | By: Nitesh Singh | 20 Mar 2018 | Comments (0)
- What is Oracle?
- Oracle Training Course
- Oracle Training Tutorials for Beginners
- Oracle Interview Questions
- Difference Between Oracle 11g and 12c and 10g
- Import 12c Oracle Dump to 11g
- Ora 28001 The Password Has Expired Error
- Cache and Nocache in Oracle Sequence
- BR*Tools Documentation
- ORA-01455: Converting Column Overflows Integer Datatype
- Oracle Wait Events Interview Questions
- Difference Between Primary, Secondary and Clustered Indexes in DBMS
- Difference Between Hot and Cold Backup
- Oracle Partitioning Interview Questions
- Update Statement Works in Oracle Architecture
- Differences Between SAP HANA and Oracle
- Group Functions Ignore Null Values in Processed Column
- ORA-10458: Standby Database Requires Recovery