How to change BPC installation User's Password?
While installation of Planning and Consolidation server the installing user provides service IDs and passwords. Then the system uses the IDs and passwords in order to register services on the server.
Note: The precondition before changing the BPC installation user's password is that the Microsoft Windows password must have been changed.
Please follow the steps below in order to change the change BPC installation user's password:
- First select Start Programs -> Administrative Tools -> Component Services.
- Now go to COM+ Applications.
- In order to do that please select the Component Services -> Computers -> My Computer -> COM+ Applications.
- Now you have to select a service such as OSoftUserManage and then right click on the service and select Properties.
- Now select the Identity tab and then enter the new password in the Password column and enter Confirm Password fields, then click OK.
Note: User has to repeat last two steps for each of the remaining services.4
Although It is recommended not to change the password. However if needed or necessary for example, if one of the Windows passwords is changed, then you must also change the password for the applicable Planning and Consolidations service because if the password does not match then the system may not work correctly.
In case if you only want to change the password for a service user account then please follow the steps below:
- First from the ServerManager please select the Server Reset Logon Credentials.
- Now enter the COM+ ID and password and click update.