How to create a shortcut file (.sap) for SAP GUI for JAVA?
Please follow the steps below in order to create a .sap file for SAP GUI for JAVA
- First, you need to launch SAP GUI for JAVA and right-click on the system entry for which you want to create a shortcut file.
- Now choose "Save Connection Data as Document" and Enter the File name.
- Now just click on the drop-down list for "Files of type" and then select "SAP GUI for Windows Shortcut(.sap)".
- Then click Save to save the file.
- Now please right-click on the .sap file created and then select "Properties" of the file.
- Now go to 'General' tab and change "Opens with" to "guilogon.bat" then click on "Apply" and "OK".
- Now when you double-click on the .sap file you will notice that it will open the system connection with GUI for JAVA.
How to Modify a .sap file present for GUI for Windows in order to use it with GUI for JAVA
- In case if the user already has a working .sap file for GUI for Windows, he/she can use that .sap file for GUI for JAVA with some small modification.
- The user needs to use 'guiparm parameter' in the .sap file in order to access it with SAP GUI for JAVA.
- This specifies a logon using system name and logon group.
- This specifies a load balancing logon by specifying the message server and the logon group.
- This specifies a load balancing logon by specifying the system name, the message server, and the logon group
Note: User must maintain GUI parameter "guiparm" in order to open .sap file with GUI for Java. Otherwise an error "Error in connection data document" will be thrown whike trying to open .sap file with JAVA GUI.