How to change default download directory from SAP GUI?
In order to change default download directory from SAP GUI user need to change default path in the setting of below registry:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareSAPSAP Shared] on 32-bit operating systems
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareWow6432NodeSAPSAP Shared] on 64bit operating systems
- Key: SapWorkDir
- Type: Expandable String Value
- Value: The path you want to change
Note: Using the Registry Editor incorrectly can lead to serious issues, therefore, use the Registry Editor at your own risk.
How can we activate a GUI Special Function Keys as well as a Function Codes?
For activating, a user goes to transaction SE41, it is important to first select the Function Code itself and use F7 (Extras > Function Active <-> Inactive):
Post-activation and saving, the Function Code will work as desired and expected:
Do we need to install SAP GUI on UNIX or LINUX?
SAP BI4.0 installation on UNIX/LINUX doesn’t need SAP GUI.
All components which are essential for the Connectivity to SAP Systems are provided as a part of the core Installation package for SAP BI4.0.
For legacy (CR 2011) CR designer, the SAP GUI (with specific options selected) is needed for using the SAP toolbar (meant for the purpose of saving reports to BW), however as CR 2011 Designer is a Windows-based product, this requirement is not applicable for installations on UNIX as well as Linux installations.
How can we display the SAP GUI Transactions in maximum size via SAP CRM?
In order to SAPGUI transactions in full size following changes have to be made:
- User Logins into CRM System.
- Goes to Transaction SE37.
- User Selects the function module LTX_CREATE_SAPGUI_SHORTCUT.
- Goes to the Import parameters tab.
- Selects the field I_WINDOWSIZE.
- Assigns default value= 'MAXIMIZED'.
- User Clicks on Save.
How can a user confirm whether SAP HTML control is utilized or not?
1)Initially, the user closes all the SAPGUI sessions/screens
2) Opens SAPGUI and runs the transaction for displaying application where he wants to verify if SAPHTML control is utilized or not.
- Now user need to navigate Customize Local Layout (ALT + F12) ---> About... ---> Loaded DLLs ----> CLicks on fist item and types SAPHTML.
- If the user finds "SAPHTML.ocx" then SAPHTML control has been used.
In SAP GUI Can user enable the option for showing the keys on fields within the GUI?
By enabling the option to display the keys in the SAP GUI affects any app launched from the Fiori Launchpad which calls a transaction against the WebGUI (SAP GUI for HTML).
There is no option to show keys by default, for Web Dynpro or native Fiori apps.
Developers of native apps can opt to select to provide customization for field labels on a per-app basis, however, there is no global option available for this.
How to resolve error 'Attempt to load shared library failed'?
If the additional error text indicates, that the library is missing, the user should try to solve the problem by reinstalling SAP GUI for Java. In other cases, please check document 909250, mostly in cases, the required C++ runtime is not found.