With the passage of time, Angular has gone through immense evolution. It has evolved from version 1.0 of Angular to Angular 2.0 and currently Angular 4.0. The features on offer by Angular Development Company are incorporated in the various versions of Angular framework to create improvements in the developed code size. Providing immense impact on the application of security and performance, the migration from one version to the next has been a smooth one for Angular developers.
In this article, we will discuss the main differences between Angular 2.0 and 4.0 to understand how to deal with both. We will also provide an overview of Angular 4.0 and Angular 2.0 in the paras that follow.
Angular 2 vs Angular 4
Basis of Differentiation
Angular2 provides a robust structure for easy creation and maintenance of big applications; it has a stable change detection mechanism.
Angular 4 serves to be the fastest version of angular JS yet.
Version 2.0 vs. Version 4.0
In Angular 2.0, the code generated is not as reduced and accelerated in terms of application development.
The upgrade of Angular version 2.0 to version 4.0 has reduced the file bundle size by 60%. In version 4.0, the developed code is utilized for debug and prod mode.
Use of Typescript
Angular v4.0 serves to be compatible with the new version of TypeScript 2.1 as well TypeScript 2.2. It allows for better type checking as well as more effective IDE features for handling Visual Studio Codes.
(parameterObject [‘parameter-name’] )
In Angular 4, the parameters are found in the form of maps. Simple methods have to be called for using the parameters.
Method call is:
Angular 2 Overview
As Angular 1.x was not very feature-rich in terms of mobile application development, Angular 2.0 was launched. Completely focused on the different nuances of mobile development, Angular 2.0 results in better performance as many modules of the earlier version has been removed. Angular 2.0 is basically a component-based framework that does not contain controllers and scope, two primary building blocks of the earlier versions of Angular. New components and directives have taken the place of these modules to make Angular version 2.0 all the more efficient and user-friendly.
- Angular2 targets ECMAScript6 or ES6. Alongside, it takes care of various new browser versions for managing the applications developed with the Angular framework.
- Angular 2.0 is in the form of TypeScript that’s an extension of ECMAScript6.0.
- It is expected that Angular 2.0 will be used in the .NET domain by users or developers in future.
- Angular 2.0 accomplishes native applications for mobile platforms such as React Native. Angular 2.0 provides two layers: the rendering layer and application layer. In this version, any view is possible to be rendered in terms of runtime for required components.
Angular 4 Overview
Several advanced changes have made their way into Angular 4.0 to make it an ideal platform for mobile development. For instance, new and innovative system plugins that manually write module id on angular 4.0, take path reference when relative paths are provided by the user. Angular 4.0 converts the “component-relative” paths present in style URLs and template URL to “absolute paths” to aid mobile development.
- Angular 4.0 version applications serve to be smaller and faster than Angular 2.0 though there are very little differences when it comes to line servers.
- Angular 2 Animations are capable of being upgraded via their own package in version 4.0. For example, angular, platform-browser, animations, etc. can be imported as statements to make their application easier and less cumbersome in Angular.
- Updating to Angular v4.0 may mean that certain dependent modules would be out of sync and have to be updated as well.
- Web application development incorporating Angular 4.0 offers more secure, scalable and flexible pathways. Angular 4.0 showcases Angular Teams’ commitment in making this framework more interactive and effective for development.
All versions of Angular have their own significant benefits and present a mobile-driven approach. Both Angular 2.0 and 4.0 execute in a better fashion with components. They enable smoother migration from one version to the next. In case you have any further query with respect to the differences between Angular 4.0 and Angular 2.0 then do write to us in the Comments section below, we will revert with our views at the earliest.