»XI (Exchange Infrastructure)
SAP XI (Exchange Infrastructure)
Definition or Meaning - What is SAP XI?
Full form or SAP XI stands for (Exchange Infrastructure), is an innovative Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) application with a strong integration with the SAP software. A popular component of the NetWeaver group of products, it is being used for facilitating information exchange among the internal systems/software of a company and those belonging to external parties. SAP (XI) is compatible with internal enterprise and cross companies scenarios - thus enabling easy linking of enterprises across the globe. It is used for exchanging information between vendors with same or diverse technologies and/ or versions of applications.
SAP XI’s adapter engine offers:
- A central monitoring system for tracking message flows and processes.
- An integration of heterogeneous system components.
- A reliable runtime environment for process management, messages and so forth.
SAP designates XI as an integration broker because it mediates between entities boasting of differing requirements in regards to format, connectivity and protocols. According to SAP experts, XI brings about a reduction in integration costs by offering a common repository for varied interfaces. The SAP Integration Server forms the central component of SAP XI and facilitates convenient interaction between applications and operating systems across internally placed and externally networked systems.
The many advantages of integrating SAP XI applications include:
- Easy Integration with all SAP components and products (RFC, IDOC, Proxy).
- Reliable data security like in other SAP products.
- Possibility of asynchronous and synchronous communication.
- Presence of platform independent Java elements.
- .Net and JAVA Support.
- Effective tools for handling complex communication tools.
- A wide range of adapters for handling diverse tools/ technologies (Mail, JDBC, SOAP, CDIX) and so forth.
- Http* Errors in XI
Most common HTTP errors occurring during XI implementations and possible tips to solve the problems.1) Error: HTTP 200 OKDescription: The request has succeeded. The information returned with the respo ...
- How to take your first steps to Learn SAP XI/PI
How to take your first steps to Learn SAP XI/PIAlmost every day I come across more then 4-5 forums/thread regarding:- Learning XI XI Basics XI Books Most of the time forum only with subje ...
- Check Patch Levels of XI/PI System
How to Check Patch Level of XI/PI System? In an XI/PI system, all components must be on the same major SP release version. This means that the Basis, ABAP, Java and XI components must all be on the ...
- SAP XI Certification Multiple Choice Interview Questions and Answers
SAP XI Certification Multiple Choice Questions and AnswerFollowing are Multiple Choice Questions Related to SAP XI Certification.1. SAP XI is an Integration technology and platform.a) for SAP and non ...
- SAP XI (Exchange Infrastructure) Certification Fee and Course Duration in India
The SAP XI is a part of NetWeaver group which facilitate in message exchange between two entities which might be working on same or different technologies. The course provides its audience hand full i ...
- 50 Free SAP XI Certification Sample Interview Questions and Answers
1. Which of the following design objects are part of Integration process scenarioa). Integration directoryb). Integration repositoryc). Integration builderd). Partner connectivity kite). Adapter engin ...
- Best 40 SAP XI Certification Interview Questions and Answers
1. Which of the following belong the Process Integration stack of SAP Netweavera) Integration brokerb) Business Process Managementc) Multi channel Accessd) Collaboration2. Loosely coupled applications ...
- How to deal with stuck EOIO messages in the XI 3.0 Adapter Framework
Asynchronous message can be delivered with a guaranteed order. For this purpose you set the quality of service of the messages to exactly once in order (EOIO) and provide a queue name. All messages ar ...
- How to Run Remote Services for SAP PI/XI
1. Connection to SAP: To prepare and deliver a service a network connection between your PI/XI solution and SAP is required. SAP 769478 describes the various remote connections available for PI/XI ...
- Job Profile & Salary Package for SAP XI Consultant
Job profile and Salaries SAP XI course brings ample number of opportunities for its audience to move towards highly paid jobs. It gives them a chance to work along with top names or highly reputed ...
- ICM_HTTP_TIMEOUT error
There are two ways of changing this timeout: a) check out note: 824554 and try to change it in the instance profile b) TCODE SXMB_ADM -> Configure Integration server -> change specific i ...
- XI Alerts- Step by Step Procedure
How to Create and Use SAP XI AlertsThe monitoring of the Exchange Infrastructure can be done by using alerts.What could be reason for avoiding them? At the first place it is true that configuring them ...
- How to Get the Host Name and Port of Decentralized Adapter Engine?
Every company needs to configure communication channel using integration directory. And for this specific requirement they use decentralized adapter engine. A centralized adapter engine make eas ...
- SAP XI BC Adapter Interview Questions and Answers
FAQ SAP XI BC Adapter 1. Q: What is discussed in this document?A: This document discusses questions about the XI BcAdapter.2. Q: Are there some terms used with respect to this FAQ?A: The abbrevia ...
- How to Integrate REST Webservices with SAP PI?
Everyone wants to integrate with different platforms to exchange information easily and effectively. So, in SAP you can also use this facility and it can be possible with SAP PI. SAP PI stands for SAP ...
- Configuration Wizard: PI Demo Client
You are working with SAP NetWeaver 7.1 or a higher release and want to execute the "PI Demo Client" CTC Wizard. Before running the Wizard, it is recommended to update the following Software ...
- Multiple occurrence of file to single occurrence of RFC
Business Description: In our Landscape we were supposed to interact SAP Release 4.7 system (production system) from SAP XI using RFC. The roles of R/3 are configured as Application Server mediating th ...
- Creating an XI Adapter Framework trace file
For the Java components for SAP XI/PI 3.0, 7.0, 7.1, or 7.3 , you want to create a trace file with trace level ERROR, WARNING, DEBUG, or another trace level. When you use the Exchange Infrastructur ...
- SAP Exchange Infrastructure (BC-XI)
PurposeSAP Exchange Infrastructure (XI) enables you to implement cross-system business processes. The aim of the Exchange Infrastructure is to integrate different versions of SAP and non-SAP systems i ...
- Why would message go into holding status?
Just do not understand under what circumstance would a message go into holding status? I thought they would either fail or go through successfully. Please help me to understand this. ----------- ...
- SAP XI - Overview
- SAP XI Certification Cost in India
- SAP XI Consultant Salary & Job Profile
- SAP XI (Exchange Infrastructure) Tutorial
- SAP XI Consultant Qualifications and Skills
- SAP XI - Overview
- http Connection Errors in SAP XI
- SAP XI, PI Version
- SAP XI Alerts
- How to Run Remote Services for SAP PI/XI