- SAP ABAP - Overview
- SAP ABAP Course Detail & Scope
- SAP ABAP Certification Cost
- SAP ABAP Tutorial
- ABAP Interview Questions
- ABAP Date & Time
- ABAP Syntax
- ABAP Internal Tables
- Difference between RFC and Bapi
- SAP ABAP Select Last Record
- SAP T-code SHDB in BDC
- What is Variant in SAP & How to Create It
- Convert Smartform From OTF to PDF
- SAP ABAP SY-REPID and SY-UCOMM
- SAP BDC Call Transaction Modes
- SAP Error SNAP_NO_NEW_ENTRY
- SAP ABAP System Variables
- SAP Quick Cut and Paste
- SAP ABAP dbsql_duplicate_key_error
- SAP ABAP Script Interview Questions
- ABAP Table Control
- Configuration Steps For LSMW
- Note Assistant in SAP ABAP
- DBIF_RSQL_INVALID_RSQL in SAP
- Assertion_Failed Dump in SAP
- HR ABAP Interview Questions
- Create Spool for Background Job SAP
- ABAP Data Dictionary
- SAP Delivery User Exit
- ABAP Uppercase and Lowercase Convert
- SAP Workflow Issues Troubleshooting
- Add f4 Help in Module Pool
- Running Parallel Cursor Method in ABAP
- How To Find Authorization Object For a Transaction Code in SAP
- Batch Characteristics Value Table in SAP
- SAP OSS_RFC Password
- Convert Decimal to String in ABAP
- ABAP Check If Value Exists In Internal Table
- ABAP Views Types
- How to Check Error Message in SAP
- Differences between Call Transaction and Session Method in SAP ABAP
- Data Dictionary (ddic) Interview Questions
- SAP ABAP Script Commands
- SAP BOPF Interview Questions
- SAP Query Tutorial Pdf
- Convt_no_number Dump in SAP ABAP
- SAP Dump Rfc_no_authority
- OOPs ALV Interview Questions
- SAP ABAP Updating a database table
- ALV Function Module
- Data Dictionary vs Data Repository
- ABAP Loop At Where
- SAP Table Relationship Diagram
- Disable Standard Buttons from ALV Display
- Full Form of BADI, BAPI, ALV and ALE
- CDS Views with Parameters
- Difference Between Type and Like in ABAP
- SAP T-code SE01
- SAP ABAP Pdf Books
- Retrieve the short description of a Fieldname
- Upload Text File To Z Table
- Difference Between BDC and BAPI
- ABAP Module Pool Program
- SAP Matchcode
- SAP WF-Batch
- SAP ABAP Menu Painter & Screen Painter
- SAP SE14 T-code
- Difference between User Exit and BADI and Customer Exit
- SAP ABAP Persistent Class
- Difference Between ALE and EDI IDOCS
- SAP ALV Layout Interview Questions
- SAP ABAP Loop at screen not working
- Code to Send Mail in SAP-ABAP
- SAP Tcode SE09
- ABAP Search Help
- SAP SE14 Activate and Adjust Database
- Write Statement in ABAP
- Domain Experience in Resume
- Difference between SY-Tabix and SY-Index
- No More Storage Space Available for Extending an Internal Table
- SAP ABAP ALV Hotspot Click
- Find SAP Ok Code List
- SAP ABAP LUW (Logical Unit Work)
- SAP ABAP Interactive Reports Interview Questions
- SAP Sql_Caught_Rabax
- SAP ABAP Field Names in TMG
- Difference between ST05 and ST12
- Assign Search Help to Data Element
- ABAP Trigger Event
- How to Insert data from internal table to database table in SAP
- SAP Workflow Background Jobs (swwruncnt)
- SAP Application Terminates Due to ABAP Runtime Error
- Send Popup Message in SAP
- 500 SAP Internal server error
- SAP ABAP PBO and PAI
- Difference between Structure & Table Type
- SmartForms Fonts and Language
- ABAP Native vs. Open SQL
- SAP SPRO Full Form
- SAP ABAP Performance Tuning
- SAP BDC Interview Questions and Answer in
- SAP BOPF Transaction Codes List
- SAP bgRFC Interview Questions and Answers
- SAP HANA AMDP Tutorial
- ALV Reports Interview Questions
- Difference Between Header Data and Item Data
- ABAP Function Modules
- SAP ABAP Popup Screen
- Activate Pretty Printer in SAP ABAP
- 301 Movement Type in SAP
- Module Pool Interview Questions
- SAP Report Change Layout
- SAP ABAP Certification Questions
- ABAP OOPs
- SAP Smartforms Interview Questions
- SAP ABAP Enhancement Interview Questions
- Difference Between Commit Work & Bapi_Transaction_Commit
- SAP ICM_HTTP_SSL_ERROR
- ABAP Data Types and Objects
- SAP T-Codes Complete list
- Screen Output without Connection to User
- Delete SM12 Lock Entries
- ABAP Classes
- ABAP Select single vs Select upto 1 row
- CALL Transaction Return Code 1001
- Difference Between Bapi and Function Module
- ABAP Smartforms
- ABAP CDS view Hierarchy
- ABAP Sapscript Layout
- ABAP BADI Step by Step
- SAP ABAP Text Elements Translation
- CL_SALV_TABLE - Add a Push-button to ALV
- saplogon.ini example
- ABAP BAPI List
- Add new segment in Inbound Outbound Idoc
- Single and Two Step in TMG
- SAP ABAP Parameters and Select Options
- ABAP Debugging Authorizations
- Clear Selection Screen Values ABAP
- Clear Displayed Value for SELECT-OPTION
- ABAP WEB DYNPRO
- MIGO using BAPI
- CONV_EXIT_FIELD_TOO_SHORT Dump in ABAP
- BAPI_ACC_GL_POSTING_POST Add Reversal Date in FBS1
- ABAP ALV
- Difference between Call Screen & Set Screen
- ABAP Code to Separate Alphabets & Numbers In String
- ABAP Core Data Service
- Smartforms Templates & Tables Borders
- ABAP Use Search Help in Selection Screen
- ABAP Trim or Condense Spaces
- ABAP Convert Currency Format
- ABAP Delete Leading Zeros
- SPAU/SPDD handling during SPAM/SAINT
- Merge Two Internal Tables in SAP ABAP
- No Authorization to log via a trusted system (l-rc =1 t-rc=1)
- SAP Tcode SE16 vs SE16N
What is SAP ABAP?
SAP ABAP by definition is a programming language for developing applications for the SAP R/3 system.
SAP ABAP Full Form or stands for Advanced Business Application Programming (English), Allgemeiner Berichts-Aufbereitungs-Prozessor in German, It is typically a high-level programming language used for developing business applications for the SAP NetWeaver platform and SAP application server. SAP ABAP has a wide range of applications in an enterprise and is a reliable language for the development, testing and debugging of SAP based solutions.
Its runs in SAP ABAP runtime environment and use to develop application programs like
- Module Pool Programming
- Data conversions
- User Exits & BADI
To begin in an effective manner with ABAP, programmers need to have basic knowledge of integrated software logistics, the ABAP development environment and ways of developing SAP applications on a central server. Occupying a pride of position alongside JAVA, the more recently introduced programming language; SAP ABAP has syntax somewhat similar to COBOL. It is the preferred language for SAP’s Web Application Server and is used on the Net Weaver platform for generating smarter business applications.
Also used for creating applications and high-end programs for the client-server R/3 system released by SAP in 1992, more and more SAP related systems (basic and advanced both) are now relying on the features and functionalities of ABAP. In the year 1999, SAP had released an object-oriented extension of ABAP; it was known as ABAP Objects and was introduced alongside R/3 release 4.6.
A developer proficient in ABAP’s development environment and programming language goes a long way in developing and enhancing the attributes of various functionalities; along with implementing the technical architecture that surrounds the package. This fourth-generation language (4GL) was developed by SAP and is:
- Utilized for the creation of thousands of tiny embedded programs known as transactions (these are the components of an application).
- An application specific language that boasts of built-in knowledge about application domains.
- Event-driven, well structured, top-down, and powerful.
- SAP ABAP Data Types and Data Objects
- SAP ABAP Data Dictionary
- SAP ABAP Subroutines
- SAP ABAP Open SQL and Native SQL
- SAP ABAP Internal Table: Create, Read, Populate, Copy & Delete
- SAP ABAP Table Control
- SAP ABAP Reports
- SAP ABAP Dialog Programming Tutorial
- SAP ABAP ALV: ABAP List Viewer
- Attach Search Help to Selection Screen Field
There are many ways using which we can add a Search Help to a field on Selection Screen in ABAP. Two of them are as follows:Adding Search help to a Selection screen using Search help Object & func ...
- Create Table Control
Steps to create table controlThe values specified for the size category and data class are mapped to database-specific values via control tables.1. Declare the table controlAs well as drawing the tabl ...
- Convert Currency Format
SAP (Systems Applications and Products) maintains ALL currencies in its tables (BSEG, MBEW, etc) with 2 decimalsEven the currencies which do not have 2 decimalsFor example - JPY which has zero decimal ...
- SAP BAPI List
Name of function module Short text for function moduleBAPI_SALESGROUP_GET_DETAIL Sales Group: Display NameBAPI_SALESOFFICE_GET_DETAIL Sales Office: Display NameBAPI_SALESOFFICE_GRP_EXIST Sales Office ...
- SAP Query Step by Step Guide
SAP Query enables data from multiple tables to be extracted in one report, as long as at least one field of data can be linked from one table to another e.g. by Document Number. Unlike table brow ...
- Pop-up Dialog Screens
SAP (Systems Applications and Products) has many build in functions that displays pop-up dialog screens.Pop up a dialog screen and allow user to pick a selectionWS_MSG - Create a dialog box in which y ...
- Add F4 help to a field on SCREEN (MODULE POOL)
Adding F4 help to a field on MODULE POOL ProgrammingIn order to add F4 help to a field in module pool follow these steps:- First, go to SE11 and create your own search help (if you don't know how ...
- Difference between SE16 and SE16N Transaction Codes
SE16 vs SE16N T.Code SE16: SE16 allows you to view data stored in different fields in tables. SE16 is a data browser and it is used to view the contents of the table and we cannot cha ...
- Workflow Issues - Troubleshooting Tips & Tricks
Here you can see some troubleshooting tips so you can analyse any workflow problems in your system.1) Agent Assignment/Agent DeterminationWork items are not going to the correct users or to any users ...
- What is Smartform?
A Simple Smartform Tutorial SAP Smartforms can be used for creating and maintaining forms for mass printing in SAP Systems. The output medium for Smartforms support printer, fax, e-mail, or the Intern ...
- Data Types and Data Objects
ABAP Data Types Elementary Data Types User Defined Types Objectives To introduce : ABAP elementary and user defined data types Keywords used to declare data items Complex recor ...
- LOOP AT with WHERE Clause
Performance Problem with Internal Tables being Read with WHERE Clause in LOOP AT Statement If one use a LOOP AT statement with a WHERE clause, the whole TABLE will be read through not only the ...
- How to create and/or trigger events?
BP_RAISE_EVENT There are only 3 ways you can trigger an event 1) Run transaction SM64 2) Call the function BP_RAISE_EVENT from within a program. 3) Run the program "sapevt" ...
- BAPI Creation to Retrieve Fields from Table T001
Go to transaction SE11 and create a structure as shown or as per your requirement.Give the name in the Data type field and click create.In the pop-up that comes up, select the radio button “ str ...
- Inconsistency between database and Dictionary
Programs issue a message that there is an error or inconsistency in the ABAP Dictionary. An inconsistency may be caused by the following:The table was activated by illegal means and not adjusted to th ...
- Difference between Open SQL and Native SQL
Open SQL vs Native SQLOpen SQLOpen SQL allows developers to control SQL statements directly. Open SQL encapsulates the semantics for statement execution, parameter binding and results fetching provide ...
- SAP_CONVERT_TO_XLS_FORMAT Function Module
How can I download my internal table into an Excel file?Use the function module SAP_CONVERT_TO_XLS_FORMAT to download the internal table to an excel file.PARAMETERS: p_file LIKE rlgrap-filename DEFAUL ...
- User exits in delivery processing
Which user exits exist in delivery processing and how the delivery data in the existing exits can be changed so that it conforms with the standard.Up to now, in delivery processing, user exits have be ...
- Difference between RFC and BAPI
RFC vs BAPI1. BAPI stands for Business Application Programming Interface. It is a library of functions that are released to the public as an interface into an existing SAP system from an external syst ...
- Module Pool Program
A module pool is a collection of screens, flow logic, menu bars and ABAP code that you use to build an application. Typically the transaction code that calls the application will refer to the module p ...