SAP Mobile Platform is earlier known as SUP (Sybase Unwired Platform). SUP is a mobile enterprise application platform designed to make easy the jobs of creating applications that are used to connect business data to mobile device to handle the workflow management and back-office integration.
In spite of it SUP (Sybase Unwired Platform) is used to build a layer of middleware in between heterogeneous back-end data sources in which one can include the mobile devices that basically need back-end data to read and write, and relational database enterprise applications and files etc.
Application developers also have an important role in SUP (Sybase Unwired Platform) or SAP Mobile Platform. They usually use the development tools in SUP (Sybase Unwired Platform) to write the business logic of a mobile application. If the new applications for a wide variety of Mobile devices and operating systems require translation to create customized versions then the product does it automatically means there is no need for any external assist. And, the main aim is to create the complex applications that require multiple data sources as simple, easy and faster and will ready to work on various mobile devices.
And if we talk about the releases of various versions of Sybase Unwired Platform then those are as follow:
- The very first version 1.1 of Sybase Unwired Platform was released in 2008 which was written in C and JAVA languages.
- Version 1.2 Released in 2009
- Version 1.5.2 Released in 2010
- Version 2.0 Released in 2011
- Version 2.1 Released in September 2011
- Version 2.1.1 Released in November 2011
- Version 2.1.2 Released in February 2012
- Version 2.1.3 Released in May 2012
- Version 2.2 Released in March 2013
- And the Version 2.3 Released in April 2013 as SAP Mobile Platform but that is in Beta Version and expected to available till the end of 2013.
And the Key features of SUP (Sybase Unwired Platform) are as follow:
- Eclipse Plug-in
- Hybrid Web Container
- 4GL tooling environment
- Mobile SDK
- Phonegap Support
- It enables integration with SAP, Remedy Corp and other applications that use database or service oriented architecture.
- It provide integrated mobile device management and application enablement
- It provides support for multiple device types, which includes Android, iOS, Blackberry, Windows Mobile and Windows laptops/tablets etc.
- Unwired Platform Runtime
- It enables the secure access between a network and mobile devices.
The basic Usage of SUP (Sybase Unwired Platform) given below:
A software developer use SUP (Sybase Unwired Platform) to drag and drop table names into a diagram from a database list to create what the product calls a “Mobile Business Object”. The object is used by Sybase Unwired Platform server to conclude that how data will be divided between the mobile clients and server, and then execute “code generation” to create customized versions for particular mobile platforms.