Rebate vs Discount
- Rebate is a partial repayment, whereas a refund is a repayment of the total purchase price
Discount is reduction in Price
- Discount means ...it happens on a single purchase...when comes to rebate .....it happens on only after some particular period of time.
Rebates are retrospective in nature with a specific time frame or other conditions like Sales Volume, Sales Quantity attached to it.
- Rebate: an incentive to be given to a customer .clubbed with qty purchased by a customer within the period specified (say one month)-conditional.
Discount: unconditional, to be given to a customer on account of heavy purchase by one single billing.-From the price List(Base price).
- Rebate is a discount which is settled ate the end of a period of a contract or an agreement.
Discounts are normally given anytime.
- Rebate is basically Discount on turnover, means if you buy 3 shirts you will get discount of 20%, whereas if the no. of shirts has reduced the discount will get reduced.
Discount doesn't depend upon the turnover, it is fixed.and can only differ from customer to customer.
- Rebate is a retroactive agreement.it is given to a partial payment to particular scheduled time.(1yr or 3 Yr).
Discount is given at a time to the customer.
- Rebate is given for the purchase of specified quantity or on the volume of the sales over a given period of time.
Discount is given on every good purchased by the customer