We want to view Explorer content on our Mobile device and are unsure which SAP Mobile application to use to accomplish that task.
SAP has 2 different Mobile applications that are capable of allowing you to view your Explorer Information Spaces and Exploration Views.
- SAP BusinessObjects Explorer Mobile
- SAP BusinessObjects Mobile
Why are there 2 separate applications that do the same thing?
Up until SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence 4.0 SP7, Explorer content was only available using SAP BusinessObjects Explorer Mobile. As of Business Intelligence 4.0 SP8, Explorer content is integrated into SAP BusinessObjects Mobile. Also as of Business Intelligence SP8, there will be no more changes or fixes to the SAP BusinessObjects Explorer Mobile application in order to focus on Explorer functionality within SAP BusinessObjects Mobile.
The final version for SAP BusinessObjects Explorer Mobile is 4.1.11 from November 2013.
Development and functionality enhancements continue for SAP BusinessObjects Mobile.
SAP BusinessObjects Mobile currently supports the following BI document types:
- SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence
- SAP BusinessObjects Interactive Crystal Reports
- SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards
- SAP BusinessObjects Analysis Documents
- SAP BusinessObjects Explorer Information Spaces/Exploration Views
- SAP BusinessObjects Lumira Server and Cloud content (HANA Visualizations)
Both applications are still available on the Apple App Store, however it is recommended that you transition to SAP BusinessObjects Mobile for Explorer content if your BI Platform is 4.0 SP8 or higher.