Creating spool requests takes a long time. Finally, the system cannot create any more requests and the short dump SPOOL_INTERNAL_ERROR occurs. In the dump itself and in the syslog, the system issues the message "Spool full" or "Spool overflow".
In the standard SAP system, the number of spool requests that can be created is limited to 32000. If you reach this limit, there are no more free numbers and the errors described above occur.
You can raise the upper limit for spool requests. As of Release 4.0, you can set the upper limit to anywhere between 2 and 31 numbers (previously 99,000). However, we recommend that you do not set the interval higher than 999,999 because the human user finds higher numbers difficult to process. (This is not a technical restriction; it concerns the handling only.)
Proceed as follows:
1. Log on to the system in client 000 and call transaction SNRO.
2. Select the object SPO_NUM and choose the button: Number ranges.
3. On the next screen, choose: Change Intervals.
4. In the "To number" column, change the upper limit of interval 01 to 999,999, for example.
The size of the interval also determines the maximum number of spool requests that can exist in the system. To ensure that the system performance does not deteriorate, you must use RSPO0041 or RSPO1041 on a regular basis to delete spool requests that are no longer required. The number of spool requests that can be held "officially" in the system depends to a great extent on the capacity of the database and the database computer. Only the number of spool requests simultaneously held in the system is relevant, not the size of the number intervals.
You can use the spool number monitor in transaction RZ20 to specify threshold values in which the system must create an alert if a certain percentage of the spool numbers are allocated.
- SPOOL PROCESSING
- SPOOL MONITORING SP01; SP02
- The Company Code RGAS Can No Longer Be Initialized
- SAP Printing Problems - Spool Process Successful But No Physical Prints
- SP12 - SPOOL TEMSE ADMINISTRATION
- SPOOL PROBLEM
- How to Identify Spool Request whether it is ABAP spool or OTF spool?
- Password logon no longer possible too many failed attempts.
- SYSTEM MONITORING SM50 SM66
- Transport Requests Can`t be delete
- Creating forms quickly and easily
- Golive Pre and Post BASIS Activities
- Processing User Requests
- SAP Basis and Sucurity Administration
- SAP BASIS Book
- SAP R/3 System Administration
- SAP NetWeaver AS ABAPâ System Administration
- Basis (BC)
- Monitoring System Landscapes Using the Cockpit DBA
- System Administration Made Easy
Associate Consultant - SAP Basis | Navi Mumbai | 5+ years Ex
Exp :5 - 0 years | City : Mumbai
FICO Consultant | Mumbai | 10+ Years Experience | SAP India
Exp :10 - 0 years | City : Mumbai
Finance Specialist | Bangalore | 3+ Years Experience | SAP I
Exp :3 - 0 years | City : Bangalore
Product Manager | 5 - 8 yrs | Bangalore | Brillio Technologi
Exp :5 - 8 years | City : Bangalore
Sap Basis Consultant | Pune | 4+ Years Experience | Niteo
Exp :4 - 0 years | City : Pune
SAP Basis Admin | Bangalore | 2+ Years Experience | Kennamet
Exp :2 - 0 years | City : Bangalore
SAP ILM Consultant | Chennai | 3+ Years Experience | Career
Exp :3 - 0 years | City : Chennai
SAP Basis Consultant | Bangalore | 3+ Years Experience | Car
Exp :3 - 0 years | City : Bangalore
SAP ABAP FICO Consultant | Bangalore | 4+ Yrs Exp | Blukraft
Exp :4 - 0 years | City : Bangalore
SAP Manager | Ahmedabad | 5+ Years Experience | iCubix Infot
Exp :5 - 0 years | City : Ahmedabad