Definition- SAP HANA
What is SAP HANA?
SAP HANA stands for (High-Performance Analytic Appliance) is an In-Memory Database. It is the advanced ERP Solution from SAP, and can be installed cloud or on premises. It is a blend of both hardware and software due to which it incorporates various components such as
- SAP SLT or System Landscape Transformation
- SAP HANA Database
- SAP HANA Direct Extractor connection
- Replication server
- Sybase replication technology
SAP HANA Database is classified into two types such as:
- Row Store
- Column Store
SAP HANA edition is classified into three types such as:
- SAP HANA Platform Edition
- SAP HANA Enterprise Edition
- SAP HANA Extended Edition
SAP HANA - Advanced Capabilities for Real-time Business
SAP HANA are - imagined platform that combines data processing, database and in-memory processing, provides libraries for planning, text processing, predictive, spatial and business analytics. It is virtually a package of software and hardware that processes real time data and applies the benefits of in-memory computing.
It showcases advanced capabilities like data virtualization, spatial processing, predictive text analytics, etc.; simplifies the process of application development; and facilitates the tasks of processing across large structures and data sources. This module also boasts of a multiengine query processing platform that is designed to support relational, graphical and text data, in the same system.
SAP HANA accelerates client business processes and goes a long way in conceptualizing new and improvised business models, speeding data transactions and creating solutions for better business performances. With significant processing speed, smarter text mining capabilities, features to deal with huge data sizes and a lot more, SAP HANA is the most appropriate platform for the deployment of real time, next-generation applications/analytics.
Advantages of SAP HANA:
- With the help of Real-Time Data Provisioning and Real time Reporting, decisions can be taken in no time.
- Due to the presence of In-Memory Technology, SAP HANA delivers high speeds processing on massive data and allows the user to discover and analyze all transactional and analytical data.
- SAP HANA reduces the total cost of ownership (TCO) as it requires fewer testing, hardware, and maintenance and it also reduces Total IT cost of a company.
- By leveraging innovative solutions, SAP HANA makes new business processes and business models.
- Data can be collected from several applications and data sources without disturbing the on-going business transactions.
- It helps in simplification of prevailing models, of modeling and re-modeling.
- SAP HANA can visit several data source as well as the Un-Structured and Structured data from Non-SAP or SAP data source.
- SAP HANA decreases the complication of data management and data manipulation.
- SAP HANA helps in increasing the revenue of an organization as it makes it so easy to identify the profitable sales opportunities through the entire sales related data accurately.
The four components of SAP HANA:
- SAP HANA set to change the face of Indian Railways Ticketing System
Did you know that at an average Indian Railways sells close to 21 million tickets daily? Almost 250 million tickets are booked via IRCTC annually. At 8:00am when the booking window opens thousands of ...
- SAP HANA Certification Cost and Course Duration in India
SAP HANA course is modelled to enable its audience with the skills that will help them to deliver a substantial new revenue opportunity and at the same time make them to adapt changes in the competiti ...
- Job Profile & Salary Package for SAP HANA Consultant
SAP HANA is advancement and thus is offering good jobs in highly reputed organizations that are moving towards SAP HANA. Though the job requires highly trained professionals and thus seeks employees w ...
- Difference between S/4HANA and SAP Suite on HANA
SAP S/4HANA Vs. SAP Suite on HANABetween SAP Suite on HANA and SAP S/4HANA, some level of confusion still exist which I got know after speaking with a large number of people. For those who are wrestli ...
- Start and Stop the Script Server in SAP HANA Database
How to Start and Stop the Script Server in SAP HANA Database?The SAP In-Memory Database displayed the error message:34091 "No ScriptServer available."To improve the performance of certain da ...
- Qualifications and Skills Requires to become a SAP HANA Consultant
SAP HANA is a new trend and is sure to be adapted by many SAP users because of its benefits. Thus pursuing this course and getting certification is sure to open gateways towards a bright career p ...
- SAP HANA Course, Career, Scope and Certified Consultant
SAP HANA CoursesModeled to cultivate skills to help its audience adapt to the ever-changing competitive market dynamics and deliver substantial revenue opportunities, SAP HANA courses include: An intr ...
- Install SAP HANA Studio & HANA Client on a Windows System
At the end of this tutorial, you will know: How to download Client How to download Studio How to download SAPCAR Extract the SAR Files to desktop Install SAP HANA CLIENT Installing SAP HANA Studio on ...
- HANA Disable Password Lifetime using SQL Statement for Technical Users
Your application uses a technical user to perform database queries as required by the application.For the user, you encounter the following error/warning messages "user's password WILL EXPIRE ...
- SAP HANA Studio: A Complete Guide
SAP HANA Studio is a tool based on Eclipse which is used for developing artifacts in a HANA server. For HANA system, SAP HANA studio is the chief development environment as well as the key administrat ...
- Log Volume is full (log mode = legacy) and the database doesn't accept any new requests.
The logvolume is full and the database doesn't accept any new requests.If the log_mode is set to legacy the logvolume keeps all log segments since the last full backup in the logvolume. If no back ...
- SAP HANA Database Suffers from Lock Waits
How to check if SAP HANA database suffers from lock waits?On a very elementary level you can identify lock waits based on the thread states.Current threads can be displayed vi ...
- Difference between Oracle and SAP HANA in SQL Queries
SAP HANA SQL vs Oracle SQLSQL statements created in Oracle wont work with SAP HANA it will return unexpected results, here are some transaction difference between Oracle and SAP HANA in SQL Queries. ...
- Role of SAP HANA (sap- in-memory technology) to Improve your Company as well as your Own Growth
What should you know?The tutorial is designed for learners with little or no SAP HANA experience. However, knowledge about basic SAP System is an advantage.In what way should you prepare yourself and ...
- SAP HANA Modeling a Complete Step-by-Step Guide
This tutorial is designed to help users successfully use the HANA studio to create various SAP models, packages and Views.By the end of this tutorial you will learn: What does the Quick Launch Pad of ...
- Diagnostics Agent Installation of Software Provisioning Manager (SWPM)
FAQ: Diagnostics Agent Installation of Software Provisioning Manager (SWPM)We have questions regarding the installation of the Diagnostics Agent with help of Software Provisioning Manager (SWPM).Check ...
- Importance of HANA and Hadoop in SAP.
HANA and Hadoop are known to be very friendly however there are quite a few differences between the two of them. While on one hand one can use HANA for storing high-value, typically meant for data rel ...
- HANA Homogeneous System Copy Backup/Recovery Method
How to use backup to copy for an existing SAP system on SAP HANA?We want to copy the BW system PRD connected to the database PR1 to the BW system DEV connected to the database DV1. The name of the ABA ...
- SAP HANA Database: Issue Solved with the Revision 60
Issue Solved with the Revision 60 of SAP HANA DatabaseStored procedure with cursor on a table on a different host might fail.The indexserver trace file contains the following message:"GenericFail ...
- SAP HANA Sidecar Scenario
SAP HANA SideCarSAP HANA Sidecar helps a person to keep continue with his already existing system same along with the use of SAP HANA in form of secondary database as he was doing before. The already ...