Definition - What is SAP WMS (Warehouse Management System)?
The SAP Warehouse Management System (WMS) is an efficient tool for managing the stocks available in the database, shifting of goods from one place to another, and making updates with the stock management system. For introducing effective operational tasks in their warehouses, organizations across the world are now looking towards hiring the experience and expertise of specialists/ consultants in this field of SAP management.
The benefits of Warehouse Management System (WMS) to the SAP warehouse are very crucial because:
- It can troubleshoot and deal with complex warehouse stocks in an enhanced and simplified manner.
- The flow of material becomes very smooth with the pick-and-put away techniques of WMS.
- Proper processing of stock goods, effective management of receipts of goods, and stock transfers has made work processes much more progressive and transparent for organizations and their customers alike.
To better tackle the challenges presented by the current scenario, companies are now maintaining the inventories in their warehouse stocks with the help of SAP WMS. The inventory management application does all this and more with the integration of a systematic and economical approach; thereby making plan executions and application of tools easier and formulated for all concerned.
The courses available for WMS aspirants are classroom based courses in warehouse management that make one familiar with all the fundamentals and working of warehouse management system, in the most acknowledged way. Integration of various functional units is introduced to candidates in the 5 days course training process.
The topics covered in this course are given as below:
- Fundamental knowledge of the different functional units of the warehouse management system.
- Configuring of interfaces between Inventory Management application tools and warehouse management.
- Getting into the processes of batch management and quality management in the warehouse.
- Knowledge of the delivery processes related to warehouses.
- The working components of warehouse management.
- Regular monitoring of warehousing activity through smartly designed instruments.
- Inventory management at the storage bin level, and so forth.
The course is for the people who are still using the components of SAP R/3 or are aiming to become project team members and consultants in their respective fields.
SAP WMS is a very productive business tool and organizations are now hiring certified professionals to satisfy their warehouse management needs through smarter and more interactive tools of stock management. For the best profit output of any company, a capable management of inventory stock details is very important, and requires the expertise of skilled professionals in the field. With the widening scope of this SAP module, course aspirants can look forward to good positions and salary packages in companies having a SAP Warehouse Management System (WMS) in place.
One can become a Certified Application Associate in Logistic Execution and Warehouse management. This certification conducts an exam of 180 minutes consisting of 80 questions in total, with a cut off score of 55 being necessary for acquiring the certification. It examines one’s skills in warehouse and inventory management, along with the ways in which he/ she uses related applications in the practical sense. It is an entry level qualification for the consultant profile in SAP WM projects. One has to implement the knowledge imparted by the course practically, under the supervision of senior consultants. For the professional level certification, higher experience levels are required, with the incorporation of real life scenarios for better understanding.
Candidates must be equipped with thorough knowledge in stock delivery and the overall configuration of SAP processes. He/ she must be equipped with the knowledge of physical inventory and other elements of inventory management system as well.