How to create the server log files related to comments?
Please follow the steps below in order to create the server log file:
- First on the appliacation server navigate to click Start -> All Programs > Administrative Tools > Component Services;
- Now click the Component Services > Computers > My Computer > COM+ Applications;
- Now select the 'OSoftLogging' component and then expand it and select "Components";
- Now right click the on 'OSoft.Services.Platform.Logging.LogHandler' and then click 'Properties';
- Now select the "Activation" tab, then please check "Enable object construction" and input "DEBUG" in "Constructor String";
- Now click 'OK' and then close the 'Component Services' console;
- Now click Start > Run, and then input
- Now reproduce the issue which requires the logging
- Now the next stap is to launch 'Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio' and then select the AppServer database;
- Now open a new SQL Query window
- Now type 'SELECT' * FROM tblLogs' in the Query Window and then press "F5" in order to execute;
- Now select 'Result' Tab and click the top-left corner header cell in order to select all results.
- At last Right-click and select 'Save Results As...' in order to save the log file.