INVOICE vs BILLING in SAP
Both are same in SD point of view.
- In SD terminology we call as Billing Document and
- In FI terminology we call as INVOICE.
- In MM again only INVOICE will be there for Vendors.
Invoice is document indicating to delivery goods and Billing is a receipt of payment.
If we receive the goods from vendors that is called bill if we give the goods to customer that is called invoice.
Bill means we have to pay the amount against bill invoice means we have to receive the amount against invoice.
Invoice is for both: Vendor Invoice and Customer Invoice.
- VF01 create billing document. The delivery order comes up auto.
- VF02 the billing doc comes up auto . View the accounting entries
- FB60 Create invoice with respect to raw material and tax.
- FB70 Invoice entries with respect to sales and tax