Working with SAP GUI for Java 7.20, invoking external graphics does not have any result or file up- and download, execution of external processes and performing desktop queries does not work.
In the past new requirements like Unicode, various new UI Designs etc. have shown that the implementation of the external SAP graphics applications can not keep up with the general UI development.
Therefore various new graphics have been implemented and usage of the external graphics applications has been removed or replaced with the new graphics during the past years.
In addition, the functionality of file up- and download, execution of external processes and performing desktop queries based on the same protocol and framework (GMUX) have been replaced by new implementations based on control enabling technology.
As a next step, the external graphics applications and GMUX based functions are not delivered as part of SAP GUI for Java 7.20. This reduces the footprint of SAP GUI for Java on client workstations up to 50 percent.
In case they do not correct your problem, please create a support message on component BC-FES-JAV and describe the steps to reproduce your problem. There might be additional ABAP changes required or an alternate solution will be considered.
- SAP GUI (Graphical User Interface) Advantages
- Directories used with SAP GUI 7.20 as the SAPWORKDIR is obsolete
- Features Available in SAP GUI for Windows
- List of Features not Available in SAP GUI for Java
- Different Type of SAP GUI
- About SAP GUI window
- Best Practices for Implementing SAP GUI 7.10
- SAP GUI resources (APO): Hardware and software
- Additional Texts for SAP GUI for HTML
- Download SAP GUI 7.20 & Patch Level 10
- Altering Scripting per system user for SAP GUI Scripting security
- Finding GUI Field names in SAP 710
- SAP Print Issues in Linux Mint Desktop With SAP 730 JAVA GUI
- Minimum Requirements for SAP Gui Installation for windows
- SAP Gui install on MAC
- SAP GUI Help (Delivery Quantity)
- Difference between SAP GUI for Window and SAP GUI for Windows for S/4 ?
- Invalid GUI Input data for protected field
- How to Find out all Users List and what Roll they are using in SAP GUI