How to generate Sybase ASE license keys?
In order to generate license keys for SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (Sybase ASE), please follow the steps below:
1) First, go to www.launchpad.support.sap.com/#/licensekey/wizard
2) There you need to select or search for your installation
3) Then Click + Add New System
4) Product: SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise
5) Version: Select from drop-down list
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 16.0
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 12.5
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 15.7
- Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise 15.5
- Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise 15.0
6) System ID: Here enter any 3-character system ID
7) System Name: This field is optional
8) System Type: Here select from drop-down (e.g. Development, Productive, Test)
9) Operating System: Here also select from drop-down
10) Click Continue
Note: In order to view only the ASE entitlements available, please select filter option > select Product Line SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise > click Filter
11) Now click on Expand All which may display more details
12) Also click Generate next to the license entitlement you want
Note: Please contact your SAP Account Manager if you are not sure about which entitlement to use, or if you need descriptions of your license entitlements.
13) License Model: Please select from the following options:
1) Served License:
- This license files reside on a central, networked license server (or vitual machine).
- Host information is a more complicated with served license model.
2) Unserved License:
- This license files reside on a single machine running the licensed program.
- As a pre-condition,user need to know the Host ID of the particular machine in order to obtain and install a working license key.
14) Quantity: Enter quantity (Note: If you're not sure what to enter please use the help links.)
15) Now click Next
16) Host Information like Server Host ID, Host Name, Port Number (Note: If in case you not sure what to enter for the host information please click the help links. Because if you enter incorrect host information, the license key will not be recognized).
17) Select Generate
18) Repeat the steps to add additional license keys