Home »WEB DYNPRO
SAP WEB DYNPRO
Definition - SAP Web Dynpro?
SAP Web Dynpro leverages the features and functionalities of SAP technology for developing applications in ABAP. A great modeling environment used for developing user interface web applications in a shorter time and with lesser efforts, this SAP module comes with an extensive dynamic design tool based on various frameworks. It is comprised of an environment consisting of graphical development and special tools of SAP Web Dynpro, which are properly integrated to form comprehensive ABAP environment applications.
Web Dynpro boasts of a high demand in the SAP industry because of the following features:
- Its graphical and analytical tools have reduced the manual effort of implementing various tasks.
- It supports a structured design structure with a clear demarcation between layout and business data.
- The components of WebDynpro can be re-used and are easy to maintain in business processes.
- The layout and functionality of diverse navigation tools are easy to customize with Web Dynpro tools.
- It performs the functions of data binding and automatic input checking of data.
- The ABAP environment becomes more reliable with the integration of these applications of SAP.
A dynpro (Dynamic Program) consists of a screen and its flow logic and controls exactly one dialog steps.
The different components of the dynpro are :
- Flow Logic: calls of the ABAP/4 modules for a screen .
- Screen layout: Positions of the text, fields, pushbuttons and so on for a screen
- Screen Attributes: Number of the screen, number of the subsequent screen, and others
- Fields attributes: Definition of the attributes of the individual fields on a screen.
Transaction – SE80 (Web-Dynpro-Comp. / Intf.)
WD is a client-independent programming model.
- It offers separation of layouts and logic and is based on Model-View-Controller (MVC) paradigm.
- Model – interacts with the backend system
- View – defines frontend (screen elements)
- Controller – links model and view
- In classic MVC, a view gets updates directly from the model, i.e. without indirection via a controller, which is not true for Web Dynpro.
We will consider a basic application for Employee details for explanation purpose.
A view is a visible screen area and contains screen elements. E.g. a text field for entering Employee Name
Every view has a dedicated view controller and every component has a component controller. View controller performs event handling (described in event handler methods) based on actions triggered in a view. E.g. adding Employee details on a click of a button.
A window contains one or more views. For a view to be displayed in the browser at runtime, it has to be embedded in the window. Windows have inbound and outbound plugs and a window controller which is global and visible to all controllers within a component.
A component contains all components like views, controllers, windows etc required to execute a WD application and acts as an application entry point. Components interact with each other via component interfaces.
Application is identified by a URL (Uniform Resource Locater) and is something executable for the user. When the user invokes the URL, WD creates an instance of the applications root component i.e. starting the root component and navigating to initial view which in turn is displayed in an initial window.
It is a repository of data and like a data container. Data used in views or component are stored in the context.
These are active parts in Web DynPro component. Component Controller and Interface controller are basically responsible for generating data which will be supplied to View Controller for display. Data that can be accessed by the controller are defined in corresponding context.
A dynpro (Dynamic Program) consists of a screen and its flow logic and controls exactly one dialog steps.
- Component Controller is the master of all controllers. A WD component cannot exist without a Component Controller. When a WD application is triggered through URL, the component controller of root component is instantiated. It is visible to all other controllers within the component.
- The life span of these controllers exists as long as the component is in use. More such additional global controllers can be added in the form of custom controllers.
- Interface Controller is available within and outside components and is used to exchange data. Each WD component can have only one interface controller.
- View Controller processes the action triggered by the user in view. A view has one view controller and one view context that contains the data required in the view. The lifespan of view controller and view context is limited to visibility of view in the browser.
They can be divided into Inbound plugs and Outbound plugs. Plugs are used for navigation between different views. To navigate from one view to the other, outbound plug of the calling view should be linked with the inbound plug of the called view. When a view is entered via an inbound plug, it triggers the event handler method and thus an event handler method is generated for every inbound plug.
- What is the Use of the Paginator in WD ABAP/SAP_BASIS 7.01?
The paginator used to be the first scrolling UI for the Web Dynpro Table. It consists of arrow buttons and input fields in the table's footer area that allow users to scroll vertically and horizontall ...
- SAP Web Dynpro for ABAP Module Course, Fees, Scope and Certification?
SAP Web Dynpro CoursesCourses linked with this popular SAP component explore the deeper concepts of Web Dynpro ABAP via dedicated learning classes. They enable candidates to tackle real time scenarios ...
- Web Dynpro ABAP General and Browser specific restrictions
General restrictions apply for Web Dynpro ABAP: No mobile device/ Smartphone support. Exceptions for iPad in newer s No SAP GUI integration: The use of Web Dynpro ABAP application ...
- FPM (FastCGI Process Manager) Message Management
FPM message management is an integral part of FPM and is available to all applications that use the standard floorplans. It guarantees consistent and guideline-compliant message handling. Feature ...
- Webdynpro Application IWP_WD_RESHEDULE_JOB_OIF does not Exist
When you choose "Restart extraction job" from NWBC ILM Administration cockpit for particular Audit Package, you receive an error"Web Dynpro application IWP_WD_RESHEDULE_JOB_OIF does not ...
- SAP ABAP Webdynpro Consultant | 7 - 10 Years | Pune | Atos India
Responsibilities: Writing Technical Design, Designing and Developing Solution and TestingAbility to work on new as well as existing technical solutionsInteraction with business analysts to ensure ...
- SAP ABAP Webdynpro | 2 - 4 yrs | Pune | Magna Infotech Pvt Ltd
Designation : SAP R/3 Programmer (ABAP WebDynpro)Experience : 2-4 YrsJob Location :Pune Desired Candidate ProfileEducation-UG: Any Graduate - Any SpecializationPG:Any Postgraduate - Any Specializ ...
- Looking for SAP ABAP Webdynpro Professionals | 4 - 9 Years | Mumbai | Seal Infotech Pvt Ltd
Job Description:Minimum 4+ yrs of SAP ABAP experienceMust have worked on Webdynpro. Must have worked on 1 end to end implementationWork Location: MumbaiMode of Hire: Contract / PermanentDuration: ...
- SAP Enterprise Portal Consultant - Webdynpro | 10 - 20 yrs | Hyderabad / Secunderabad | TRH Consultancy Services
- 5-10 Years of Total Experience.- 4+ Years of SAP EP Experience.- 4-5 numbers of End to End SI SAP Projects- SAP Enterprise portal-At least 3 yrs exp. in SAP Portal 7.0 and 1 year exp. in Portal 7.3- ...
- SAP- ABAP Consultants +Web Dynpro | 8 - 10 yrs | Bangalore | Swathi Business Solutions
Desired Candidate ProfileEducation-UG: B.Tech/B.E. - Computers, Electronics/Telecommunication, InstrumentationPG:MCA - Computers, M.Sc - ComputersDoctorate:Doctorate Not RequiredConsultants matching t ...
- Mercury Solutions Limited
Mercury Solutions Limited is an IT training and certification company. We offer end-to-end learning solutions for professionals who are looking at securing their technical skills, professional reputat ...
- SoftCrayons IT training institute
SoftCrayons is IT Training Institute in Ghaziabad. 100% Job Assurance training and placement programs with Live projects in java, .net, PHP, software testing. ...
- Senelda - IT Training Academy
Senelda IT training academy situated in Chennai , offers wide-range of courses emphasizing web and mobile technology. And, that’s not all, following the course completion, fitting candidates wil ...
KVCH IBM Business Partner provides various Training programs for Pass-out and Pursuing Students. KV Computer home Pvt. Ltd. was established in 1991. We are committed to impart Indu ...
- Koenig Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
Koenig Solutions is a leading IT training & education company, renowned all over the world for offshore IT training. Koenig is authorized training partner of Google, Microsoft, Oracle, Cisco, Red ...
- How can We get the URL Screen in Webdynpro?
Hello Experts,I cant get the URL screen in Web Dynpro.Is that any setting I need in Web Dynpro?Plz Reply,Thanks in Advance.Sanket ...
- Are additional licenses required for the new Web Dynpro planning?
Hello Experts,Are additional licenses required for the new Web Dynpro planning?Kindly share your views here.Thanks in advance. ...
- What should i do?
I want, when i fill matriculation number and click on display all fields should be display in input field place. What should i do for this? Suggest me....... ...
- Problem facing in validation logic
When I click on back button, back button functionality working properly but validation logic(wddobeforeaction) is triggering also. ...
- Query About Adobe Forms with WebDynpro.
Hello Experts, I am doing Adobe Forms and Adobe Forms with web dynpro . But in my system i have installed only EHP 5, in this version it is not possible to work on it fully. So is there any o ...
- Management of Web Session in Web Dynpro Applications.
In the Dynpro application there has been issues seen where the session in which a work is in process it had been hard to continue it. Messages are shown like time out, session expired, session unknown ...
- How to Capture the Lead Selection of Filtering?
Hello Experts,Whenever we do filtering in webdynpro alv and select one row than i will be performing some action(Button).Lead selection getting removed how to capture the lead selection of filtering.E ...
- How to Retrieve The Orders of Statically Defined Web Dynpro UI-Elements of a Component?
Hi, I want to retrieve the exact order of statically defined Web Dynpro UI-Elements of a component from outside. How do I get the order since table WDY_UI_ELEMENT does not show the order. Can I get th ...
- How to create select options under different tabs?
How to create select options under different tabs? Kindly suggest me ...
- Webdynpro Java application: 500 internal server error
Hello SAP Experts,While clicking the dropdown (combo box) elements in a WebDynrpo Java application, a '500 internal server error' is thrown.I have attached screenshots of the error:The followi ...
- Maximizing Web Dynpro for Java
Contents 1 Introduction ....................................................................... 15 2 Web Dynpro Architecture Concepts .................................. 19 ...