SM30 vs SE54
What is the difference between t-codes SM30 and SE54?
1) SM30 T-code is used for displaying and updating table data. In this t-code SM30 the input field on the first screen is long enough to accommodate any table name.
Note: Before using this transaction code user must generate a special program for the table he wants to display known as standard maintenance dialog
2) While calling t-code SM30 the data browser automatically find and call that generated program.
3) SM30 has more functionality and complex interface than t-code SE16.
1) SE54 (Generate table view) is an SAP t-code available in R/3 SAP systems depending on version and release level.
2) SE54 t-code is used to generate table view and maintain table.
3) Using SE54 user can edit any data but only if the particular view is Maintenance view.