- The tables GVD_* and ORA_* are not compressed using the Oracle Advance Compression. These tables are using BASIC compression, not the OLTP Compression. Hence, Oracle Advanced Compression license is NOT required in this case.
- You can use the following ways to determine the compression option.
1. The tables GVD_* and ORA_* are created with the following SQL statement as per the script CreateCompressTables.sql.
create table GVD_SEGSTAT
SNAPSHOT_ID VARCHAR2(10) NOT NULL,
INST_ID NUMBER(22) NOT NULL,
SAP_LINE_NR NUMBER(10) NOT NULL,
TS_NR NUMBER(22) NOT NULL,
OBJ_NR NUMBER(22) NOT NULL,
DATAOBJ_NR NUMBER(22) NOT NULL,
STATISTIC_NR NUMBER(22) NOT NULL,
VALUE NUMBER(22) NOT NULL
The 'COMPRESS' keyword indicates BASIC compression. For ACO, the SQL statement should contain the keyword 'COMPRESS FOR OLTP'
2. Check the value set in dba_tables column compress_for. Example, using the following SQL statement.
- select owner, table_name, compression from dba_tables where owner like 'SAP%' and compress_for = 'OLTP';
compress_for = ‘OLTP’ (ACO, customers who acquired the Oracle license directly from Oracle need to purchase this extra option as per SAP note 1436352)
compress_for = ‘BASIC’ (BASIC compression)