Definition - What is SAP UI5?
The advantage of SAPUI5 runtime is that it is a client – side HTML5 rendering library with a set of standard as well as extended user controls. It also lays the groundwork for a light weight programming model for both desktop and mobile applications.
Platform Specific Help for SAPUI5
SAPUI5 primarily delivers to different platforms. The SAPUI5 developer guide focuses solely on platform independent topics. If you are looking for details on SAPUI5 and it’s functionality, you may refer to the respective guide on SAPUI5
- SAP HANA cloud Platform – The guide provides additional help to understand how to work and function SAPUI5 applications on SAP HANA Cloud Platform
- SAP HANA Platform – The guide gives a fair understanding about the concept of SAPUI5 applications and how to work on SAP HANA Cloud Platform. It also provides additional help on installing and testing in an SAP HANA Platform environment
- User Interface add - on for SAP Netweaver - The guide provides additional help on using the SAPUI5 repository and translation infrastructure on a SAP Netweaver Application server ABAP.
The primary goal of the application is to:
- Create web pages by using basic HTML5 and CSS3
- To further improve web page development by using parts ofjQuery and jQueryUI
Scope and Opportunity of a Career in SAP UI5
Historically, SAPUI was focused around proprietary UI frameworks like BSP, WEBUI and WebDynPro in ABAP and Java flavours. The technologies were sufficient n delivering the business processes offered by SAP to its customers. With the passage of time, the technologies could not leverage the offers by the clients. It was then that Adobe Flex and Microsoft Silverlight islands.
However, to deliver the UIs, there was a need for developers with different skills which made the clients hesitate to use the technology. SAP then tried to integrate AJAX into WebDynPro so that the UIs can initiate the development of mini HTTP calls on demand. In the past few years there has been a high consensus on updating HTML so that W3C and WHATWG can work in sync to bring HTML5 based on open standards and mobile compatibility.
Over the past few years, SAP has aligned its UI strategy around HTML5. SAPUI5 is based on the same. The entire industry is adapting itself to the SAPUI5 thereby creating a brighter future for the developers.
SAPUI5 supports any data transfer like XML, JSON, OData etc to consume and utlise data from SAP (Systems, Applications, Products in Data Processing) or any other platform.
- SAP UI5 Certification Cost and Course Duration in India
SAP UI5 CourseSAPUI5 Course has been specially designed to provide the participants with an opportunity to gain and understanding of HTML5 by simply introducing the basics of web programming technique ...
- UI Development Toolkit for HTML5
Please have a look on the following new development for the UI Development Toolkit for HTML5?sap.ui.core[FEATURE] AnalyticalBinding.j: Upgraded to ODataModel v2 [FEATURE] AnalyticalBinding: ...
- Browser Cache is used to accelerate the loading time of SAPUI5 Application
We are using SAP NetWeaver 7.30 or higher to operate an SAP NetWeaver Application Server for ABAP, which is used to serve web applications built with the "UI development toolkit for HTML5" ( ...
- Code for Email id and Phone Number validations in SAP UI5/FIORI.
We really need not write code from scratch level, instead we can directly take existing java script code and adjust code as per our screens and implement under function of SAP UI5/FIORI .For example : ...
- SAPUI5 Version does not Match the SAP HANA Version; How Can I fix the Issue?
The SAPUI5 version does not match the SAP HANA version; why and how can I fix the issue?Solution: If you have upgraded SAP HANA, the SAP HANA version and SAPUI5 version might not match.To check the S ...
- Fragment is Piece of 'RE-USABLE' Code under SAP UI5/FIORI Applications.
Fragment is piece of "RE-USABLE" code under SAP UI5/FIORI applications.We Can create Fragment with piece of re-usable code in one separate file with .js extension. And one can access fr ...
- Use of parseInt and parstFloat in Scripting
What is the Use of parseInt and parstFloat in Scripting?Under SAP UI5 /FIORI frontend apps :For converting script variable value from string data type to int.use parseInt(<scriptvariable>) ;For ...
- Layouts For Adjusting Screen Elements On a View
For adjusting screen elements on a View, We can use various layouts supported by UI5/FIORI:MatrixLayout,Vertical layout,Horizontal layout,Border layout ,Grid layout , Responsive layout. etc..For ex : ...
- Difference between Eclipse and SAP Web IDE
SAP UI5 Tool for Eclipse vs SAP Web IDESAP UI5 Tool for Eclipse:SAP recommends the use of eclipse environment only for simple use cases or experienced developers. For any other purpose, it is rec ...
- Primary Objective and Functionalities of SAP UI Logging
Security of private data is an inevitable measure taken by every organization big or genre. Data security refers to the prevention of unauthorized access to websites, databases and computers inside th ...
- How to check whether Character length is full-filled as per requirement or not?
To check whether character length is fullfilled as per requirement or not?Then we can use below validation under function :capture value from form and implement below sample codeFor example :function ...
- Page View Navigation in SAPUI5/Fiori using Routing Technique
Please follow the step by step procedure with proper diagrams in order to navigate from one page view to another page view in SAP UI5/FIORI using routing techniqueStep 1) First create a new view and p ...
- WCF_IGNORE_ENHANCEMT Disable UI Configurations and Personalizations
How to switch off enhancement set without disabling UI Configurations and Personalizations?To check if any issue is caused due to customer enhancements or by the standard SAP delivery, set user parame ...
- Difference between SAPUI5 and OpenUI5
SAPUI5 vs OpenUI5SAP provide SAPUI5 and OpenUI5 delivery options for our UI development toolkit. Both are very closely related but also some difference. Below are some major differences between S ...