Which characteristics does a day with day type 1 have?
Its OFF and Paid
Can a posting run be deleted?
Yes It can be reversed before the Bank transfer.Once the transfer is done the pay menets need to be adjusted in the next payments.
What activities are possible when the payroll control record is set to " Released for Payroll "?
When you set the status to Released for pay roll "' you cant make any changed to master data. Its actully released for pay roll
How does the system know when to trigger retrocative accounting for a particular employee?
You have to mention the retro active accounting date in IT 0003 in the relevant feild. other wise it will take the earliesr hiring date.
Is it possible to branch directly from the payroll log to maser data and time data maintenance?
Yes you can go in a seperate sessions.
How to create payroll area, pay scale types and levels for different employee group and subgroup?
To create Payroll Area you need to go to PM-PA-Organisation Assignment - Create Payroll Area-Check Default Payroll Area To create Payscale Type and Payscale Area u need to follow : PM-PA- Payroll Data-Check Payscale type/ Check Payscale Area Payscale Levels and groups are created while doing the step Revise Payscale groups and levels and Define Salary ranges.
How can we create customer specific infotype? ie starts from 9000 - 9999. Need the navigation path. Please tell the full detail of this topic. How to create a HR infotype?
1) Go to Transaction PM01.
2) Enter the custom Infotype number which you want to create (Should be a 4 digit number, start with 9).
3) Select the `Employee Infotype' radio button.
4) Select the `PS Structure Infotype'.
5) Click on Create. A separate table maintenance window appears.
6) Create a PS structure with all the fields you want on the Infotype
7) Save and Activate the PS structure
8) Go back to the initial screen of PM01.
9) Click on `All' push button. It takes a few moments.
10) Click on `Technical Characteristics' . Infotype list screen appears
11) Click on `Change'(pencil) button
12) Select your Infotype and click on `Detail' (magnifying glass) button
13) Give `T591A' as subtype table
14) Give `T591S' as subtype txt tab
15) Give your subtype field as subtype field
16) Save and come back to PM01 initial screen
17) Click on `Infotype Characteristics' . Infotype list screen appears
18) Click on `Change' (pencil) button
19) Click on `New Entries'
20) Enter your Infotype number and short text
21) Here we have to set different Infotype Characteristics as per the requirement. (Better open another session with some standard Infotype's infotype characteristics screen and use as the reference to fill yours)
22) Save your entries.
23) Now the Infotype is created and ready to use.
24) If you want to change the layout of the Infotype as per your requirement.
25) In the PM01 initial screen.Select `Screen' radio button and give 2000 as the screen name, then click on edit.
26) In the next screen.. Select `Layout Editor' and click `Change'.
27) Screen default layout appears.here you can design/modify the screen.. change the attributes of the fields. etc.
28) Save and activate. (Don't forget to `Activate at every level)
I need to enter a field in the field selection in tcode /nS_AHR_61016362. Field to be added - TXSTA - Filing Status table - P0210
I am facing T503 problem after assigning all personnel area, employee group, Company code, subgroups etc. May Be You had not activated Employee Attributes.
You can see all the Details are available in Table T503 Goto sm 30 and select maintanance then select T503_C you see whether your p.area and p.s.area and E.group and E.S.Group are available are not if they are not available then you can assign there and save them
Do you know in OM -> copy plan version? Would copy plan version (Tcode:RE_RHCOPL00) also copying payroll RT, PA master data, user authorizations, Abap reporting, Abap queries and etc as well? Up to my understanding it should work only copy the OM's structure and objects (solely)... However for the rest of non OM/PD objects related and other HR modules, I have doubt on it. If this can be done, please advice HOW to go with?
Related: How to Create OM INFOTYPE?
This report is only for copying objects from one planversion to another planversion to keep updated structures. Always only one plan version would be active which is current. This report does not help to copy any masterdata.
Can anybody tell abt Assignment part of HR.i.e. how sap HR is assigned with other modules.
1) Technically Assignment will called as Integrations. these integrations r two types 1. With in the HR Module ie between submodules (PA : OM, PA : REC)
plogi : plogi for integrating paln version
plogi : orga for integrating OM & PA
plogi : papli for integrating Recruitment & PA
See the Table: T77s0sc
2. With Other Modules ie (HR : FI)
T Code: T.CODE PC00_M99_CIPE
Path : wagetype->symbolic- >GL Code Assignment in the backend in both
HR and FI system
Result Tables & Cumulative Result Tables
Tcode PAYPC_RESULT or PC00_M40_CLSTR.
How do I design the Indian Remuneration statement for the first time as the IN01 which is copied and renamed is showing blank.
After copying he IN01 form go into the form and click on the windows where you find so many entries to be made.
What actually happens in real time Recruitment?
Real Time in the sence of SAP or IT or Domain. You should have asked him the question, Ok it should be SAP for interview For SAP Consultant. Any company wants a sophisticated Work to be done and with more useful and accurate result even after spending more and more on EPR, So SAP Recruitment helps to Rect people of the client to get the exact people for not only their experiance , with also Educatonal , Exp, Skills, Past experiance and all reqd areas with out enering all the data of the requirement.
As in normal people has to sit on the requirement of he position and then shorlist all the applications, it also helps to know the internal employees to call for intvs and the best way of shorlisting is going for Profile Match Ups, and reruitment is useful for integration with all other modules for PD, PY also for relevant reports and up gradations.
Even rect modules will be able to send the recruiter a POP up saying the Position is vacant and it should be filled with requirement.
I got struck in PB10 initial entry screen. While assigning personnel officer by default its showing the standard one like APPL's admin group only. Its now accepting what I have created under PA define admin group and I assigned under define admn group also (PINCH).
Once you assign your administrator group under PINCH, please check whether you activated or not and also check your groupings.
Here, you control the initiation of actions when maintaining an infotype record. This can be the maintenance of an additional infotype record or performing a routine. For each action, you can determine whether it is always carried out when you change an infotype or a subtype or whether it is only carried out if you change certain fields.
You can state whether the action is to be carried out for "Change", "Create" and/or "Delete" record. You can store the conditions for executing the action, for example, the comparison of the old and new value of a field. Finally, you can also specify default values for a record that is to be created.
Automatic Triggering/Populati ng of Infotypes When Certain nfotypes are Dynamically Maintained, Table = T5558Z
I am facing problem in PA40. While entering the inputs in Personal data in hiring action, I am having the field which is called " CUIL/ CUIT" ( Which it shows key field) . I do not know about this field and how to enter the data in this field. I would like to remove this field from personnel data. IIIly i am having one more field in Bank details in hiring action, I am having the field " Bank Key " I would like to know how to delete/ remove this field from the action, or else how to input the data in this field.
I don't know how to remove this field. But I can suggest you can hide this field by using the following path. Not only this you can hide any field in your screens.
SPRO-->personnel management-- >personnel administration- ->change
screen modifications; HERE
Mod.pool---- ------ MP000200
Screen ------------ 2000
Feature----- ------- P0002
Variable key----- 29
Next screen------ 0
Then execute details, in 011 -- Q0002-CCUIL -- Worker identification code -- activate Hide checkbox.
You can use screen modifications and hide the field. after you hide it and save the settings, CCUIL will not be seen on the screen. Same procedure can be used for bank key too. for your information, the various field options are required field, optional field, hide etc.
Which time we have to consider while login time
1) swiping machine recorded time
2) System login time.
If an company is going for both the systems, first the company want to decided to go for swapping card system or system log in time, if you required the both, then you discuss with the time administrator to design for both, as per the company requirement the time administrator will decided.
Integrate SAP HR Admin to SAP SD module.
Integrate this using IT 0900 (Sales Data) so that person would be accessed in SD.
Related: SAP HR Interview Questions for Wipro
CAP GEMINI interview questions:
1.) How to make a wage type appear in the remuneration statement?
2.) How did you transfer legacy data in the mid of the financial year (US) to SAP system?
A ) For mid year Go live SAP Supports with only transactions of HR and others but nor Finance, u should have asked the question to him, or replied by giving the INLK Schemas is used for Mid year Go Live or even a program is there for mid year go live,in the help CD, find IT.
3.) What is the order of tranfering legacy data? (Is OM first, PA second like that and what data you have imported in OM and what data in PA....)
A ) Data transfer has to start from OM -- > PA ( All emp related modules as benefits,rect, training, PD,COmpn mgmt and others) --- > TM _---> Payroll. This is different from client to client and No standard is fixed to data transfer.
A ) Legacy System Migration Workbench which is used for data transfer for any of the transactions which exist in SAP OR even which Customized by developers.
5.) What was your legacy system and how many digits were your personnel number are?
Legacy system you have to say the Details of Server names and numbers and Project details with onsite and ofshore and follows. And personnel numbers are the size of he company ( number of Employees) of client and depending on the requirement how many NUMKR Assignments you have done.
6) What did you do with symbolic accounts while posting payroll data to Accounting?
Symbolic accounts are used for transferring employee payables , wages, and other payment related details for finance, as to allocate the payment to be taken into account for Company GL Accounts and others. Posting of all the wage types is done through Symbolic Accounts. It does not send wage types to finance. Symbolic accounts are indirect integration between HR and FI.
7) How to DEBUG a payroll run? (This seems to be a very important one please give me answer)
DEBUG is done to check where and why the program is getting errors, processed or coming out of the program.
As you know this try with se38 give any program -- > press F8 and then F5.
You can see the debug screen where, why, what the program has been given break there.
SAP HR Certification Questions
.To take the SAP HR certification, contact your local or regional SAP Education training center at this url :
Caution: more than one answer may be correct.
Please mark ALL correct answers.
Choose the variable which can be used to determine the screen modifications for master data.
A User Group
B Personnel Administrator
C Organizational Key
D Cost Centre
E Payroll Area
1) I am running Indian payroll, wage type /130 is not generated, while it should be populated during execution of Rule IN70. Can any body help me in solving the problem?
Ans) Check if the HRA, conveyance and other exemptions are being calculated in. The payroll run, they would move into this wage type and not your custom Wage types. The calculation of these exemptions depend on several other Settings
2) What are dynamic actions and how to configure it?
Ans) Dynamic actions are performed automatically by the system, depending on certain conditions. If maintaining one infotype has an effect on another infotype, the system automatically displays the second infotype for processing.
Dynamic actions can run in the background i.e. the user does not see the run on the screen.
A change in one field of an infotype might require, that certain other infotype be updated at the same time. The details can be specified as a dynamic event. It is automatically triggered by the system.
The Personal Data infotype is newly created, and the Number of children field is filled. Once the record is saved, the system automatically displays the Family/Related Person (0021) infotype and the Child subtype (2) for processing. An employee is hired, and the probationary period is entered in infotype Contract Elements. Once this information is saved, the system automatically displays a record from the Monitoring of Dates (0019) infotype and the subtype Expiry of probation (1) for processing.
3) What are the Questions asked for PAYROLL in INTERVIEWS?
Ans) Please find the questions below:
1) What is the importance of offcycle payroll?
2) What role does the control record play in pay roll?
3) How do you calculate Retro accounting amounts?
4) What is symbolic account?
5) What is the difference between payroll area, payscale area and personnel area?
6) How do you identify a different wage types?
7) What features do you come across in payrolls employee attributes and CAP PCR. establish the relationship among them?
8) What are the infotypes required for a payroll process?
9) What is the difference between Indian and us payroll?
4) Can any body tell me, how to add the custom reports in Manager's?
Desktop (in SAP) about Manager's Desktop? I've tried to customize Manager's Desktop in IMG but it can't worked.
Ans) Are your reports based on the HR logical data base (LDB). If so then the customization is straightforward to pass the relevant data to the selection screens. Else you will need to pass this through a function for which you may need an ABAPer. You also need to look at the authorization issues for the reports in case it is not using a LDB
5) Is infotype 185 country specific, can it be maintained for India , and will it affect the payroll if it is maintained?
Ans) We maintain subtypes in table v_t591a. Goto tcode sm30 -> v_t591a ->
Select maintain -> it will ask you for infotype for which u want to maintain subtype in your case it is 0185.
6) We created an Appraisal Template now I want to assign it with one Employee or ESG. How I can do this integration and where. What is the next step after this?
Ans) Either you can establish the relationship between the position and the Appraisal Template. Otherwise can restrict the appraisal template based on PSA... However there is no standard setting for restricting the Appraisal template on ESG
7) What is knowledge transfer in sap hr module?
Ans) Knowledge Transfer is a general terminology. It means that you disseminate the knowledge what you have. Say you are teaching one module to other person. You are the giver and the other person is the receiver of knowledge. The process is Knowledge Transfer. You are transferring the subject what you know. KT is not specific to any module.
KT in SAP is the knowledge transferred to a reliever who is to take over your responsibilities so that he/she knows what all you have done shouldering the same responsibility. It is done in order to minimize the knowledge gap between the two sides, and facilitate the reliever to carry on the baton from where his/her predecessor leaves. It might be in the form of transferring the soft copies, hard copies of the various documents, verbal one or a written one to make it more formal.
8) What would be basically my roles where I need to provide support or what kind of specs do I need to face. Pls give some examples.
Ans) You are working in Payroll and Benefits, your role can exactly defined after seeing what your Business is doing, are you processing payroll through SAP or you are processing through third party and down load through SAP. In payroll mostly you will get the issue of authorization, and check which all infotypes are going to effect while running the payroll. any issue occur, you need to check the infotypes and while downloading check the fields and verify the data , check the programme and wage types also , whether they are maintained properly etc.
9) Can anybody give some examples of tickets in OM, PA.? What are the tickets you will get in support project please provide me with solution?
Ans) If any issue, user raises the ticket. Suppose in OM, org tree is not visible and in PA updation of master records, wage type permissibility or any issue. Relating to the same. If you have any payroll down load happening, that gets affected due to this infotype. We need to look into as an urgent matter.
10) I am trying to assign an employee on the system to ESS user profile and the message I get is personnel number 00000001 does not exist. [When this employee has full record on the system and is an active employee] What am I doing wrong?
Ans) IT 0185 can be used for India payroll. This is for pan no, gratuity.
This will not affect payroll.
We maintain subtypes in table v_t591a. Goto tcode sm30 -> v_t591a -> select maintain -> it will ask you for infotype for which u want to maintain subtype maintain -> in your case it is 0185.
Check his Infotype 105 and see if there is a valid record for the employee.
11) I am facing problem in Infotype 0019/ Monitoring of task. Pls help me in doing IT 0019 working, the system is not giving the reminder on set date, is it require some other settings also. Pls let me know what all settings need to be done for this infotype?
Ans) In table V_T531 mention the Lead Follow-up Time and the Units. Like say you want to set the Reminder for 3 months or whatever from the Task Date. This setting will default the Reminder Date.
12) What is diff between simple maintenance and detailed maintenance?
13) What is an Export mode and how do you use it and what for?
14) How many structures are there?
15) What is an Task and how do you assign?
16) Can diff positions an be assign to one job?
17) What is the diff betwwe job and position?
18) What is tcode for org unit?
19) What is an org'l plan?
20) What is cost center and work center...and diff?
21) What is the diff between infogroup and infotype and how do you use and Where?
22) How can you create infotype?
23) What is personnel action?
24) What is Dynamic action and what for?
25) What is period parameter and modifier?
26) How do u config OM and PA?
27) What is Personnel area and can we create multiple personnel areas?
28) How do you activate an employee in IMG?
1. What is the difference between PCR and CAP?
2. How do you run payroll?
3. How do your correct payroll?
4. If i want to include some more wage types, say bonus from today.
How should i do that?
5. What is meant by payroll area? What are the uses of payroll area?
6. What is meant by a control record.
7. What is meant by retroactive accounting?
8. How do you create customized ITs? What is the no. range for
customer specific ITs?
9. What are day types? How many day types exist? What are they? Where
do you configure them?
10. What is a counting rule?
11. What is absence type?
12. How do you configure absence? Give an example
13. What is absence quota type?
14. What are the features you used in benefits?
Related: SAP HR Most Useful and Basic Questions for Freshers
15. How many health plans have you configured, what are they?
16. What are the most important ITs in benefits?
17. List the applicant actions in recruitment.
18. What is the feature used for Personnel Administrator. What group should u use in that?
19. What are the IT's used in NUMKR? (I said NUMKR is associated with Org. Assgnmt.)
20. What is an applicant group?
21. What is an unsolicited applicant group?
22. What is the t.code for authroizations?
23. Differentiate between Payroll area and payscale area.
1. Explain the uses of the simple maintenance interface?
Simple Maintenance is used when Staff assignments and reporting structure are to be changed. There are three main areas in Simple Maintenance. Each area contains particular maintenance functions, depending on whether you want to edit organizational structure, staff assignments or task profiles. For Organizational Management users, Simple Maintenance is best used to establish the basic framework in organizational plan development. For complete, detailed editing of individual organizational objects in your organizational plan (editing particular positions or organizational units, for example), we recommend that you switch to Info-type Maintenance. Simple maintenance uses a tree structure, which allows you to create a basic framework for organizational plans, using streamlined procedures. In this way, we can create an organizational and reporting structures step by step.
2. What is the use of INFOGROUPS?
The infotype group (commonly known as infogroup) guarantees that during the personnel action, all information needed for the business processes is stored. The infogroup is processed when you perform a personnel action. - An infogroup exists in the standard system for every personnel action type. - In Customizing for Personnel Administration, you can tailor the make-up of the various infogroups to the requirements of your company. - You can define infogroups as user-group dependent. Infogroups are used in Personnel Actions to define a set of sequencial infotypes that you would be using while performing an action. For example, when you hire, you would want to use IT0000,0001,0002,0006,0007,0008 etc in a sequence- in a particular order. So define an Infogroup for this purpose which contains all these infotypes, their order of execution and the user groups it is applicable for. Then you assign this infogroup to the action that you had defined.
3. What is PROCESSING CLASS, where we do them and why?
Wage type characteristic that determines how processing is conducted during the payroll run.
4. What is EVALUTION PATH, where do we do it and why?
A chain of relationships between objects in a hierarchical structure. for eg. O-S-P(Organization->Position->Person).
5. What is INTERNAL PAYROLL PROCESS?
Payroll process(program) is run at a specific point in time, not only to calculate an employee’s basic remuneration but also any special payments, overtime payments or bonuses that must be effected for the period in question.
What is the use of time evaluation.Where it will use exactly.
wt is differenc between performance managment and online performance management in sap hr?where we can get the material in onlinemanagement?
what is concurrent employment.
Which companies are using the SAP HR in their HR System? Please list their names? Both Indian nad Global.
how to write a pcr rule for over time?and how to insert that rule in a schema?
how can we lock the group of employees while running the payroll?
what is the link among organizasion structure and enterprise structure, personnel structure, payscale structure?
where do u configure, if an employee is not taking any half- day leave in an organization?
Can anybody explain me what are the advantages of Simple Maintenance over Expert Mode? Thanks in advance
What is Landscape in SAP HR. What Is Developer Server.
In Which Infotype Use in Cost Center.
Discuss in detail about blue printing ...what was your role in that.
SAP HR Interview Questions
1) What is internal recruitment ?
Internal recruitment is search for internal applicants. when you integrate with personal development, you can use profile match up which help to search for resources internally.
Also In recruitment it is represented by 'P' as Person and 'AP" as external person.
2) What are problems generally faced while posting result to FICO ?
Normally mismatching of amount get posted.
3) What is controlling area, what does it do, and how were is it assigned ?
Controlling area is under of FI person which helps to set for costing purposes also based on thses fiscal variant is set.
4) What is the purpose of creating symbolic a/c, what is transaction code for same ? Can we assign one symbolic a/c to multiple wage types ?
It depends upon your payrol requirement to create salary head like expense account etc.
5) What is REPORT VARIANT FOR OFF CYCLE ACTIVITIES, what do we do in this step ?
Variant is to save all input field parameters. once you saved as a variant , you can use the same for future purposes.
6) What all infotypes which has to be created at the time of hiring OR PA40 and cannot be maintained later with PA30 ?
Why you require creation of infotypes...
7) If we have to create multiple positions, what method OR tool we can use to avoid errors due to creating them manually.
You can create muliple position by LSMW or batch programs for the Tcode PP01 or PPOCE
8) What do is LANDSCAPE in SAP Project, I think its related to no. of servers used, Pls correct me if I am wrong, Or what it is ?
It is related to Basis
9) What is the role of a administrator in PA ?
To restrict access to Personnel administration based on PA/PSA.
Administrator: we come across for Personnel admininstration, Time management, and Payroll in sap .
Each admiinistrator is reponsible for each individual activity. You can get the name of the administrator in the pay slip so the employee for any clarification he can meet the responsible administrator (accessed through payslip)
This administrtor (is created in PA of PM) is responsible for recruitment.
10) What is golive actually ? What is the role of a functional consultant in it ?
Go live is transfering of data from Development server to Production server.
Development -----> Quality server
In Quality you need to Unit, Integration testing, Once it is OK in Qulaity server,
Then you need
Development ----> Production
See also; Implementing SAP
1) How to group employees for their allowances in payroll?
Go to basic salary of india in Payroll india and group the employee first depending on the allowances to be paid and this is
applied for even differantiating the employees into groups depending on their pay structures.
2) In OM, how to get the details for group of employees (ex.) group of Drivers in the organisation?
Drivers can be identified depending on their position at which they are working and you can have a different job codes for them who do you want to look into.
3) How is Time managment and payroll is integrated?
TM MGMT and Payroll are integrated in ways are time data is collected from the info type 0007 and these hours are taken in basic as Number of hours worked or utilizwed, and even with time evaluation and last with schemas integration.
X000 schema carries xt00 and these data can be transfered between other modlues.
4) What are the other modules integrated with OM?
OM contains all the modules to be integrated, depending client requirement it is done. As OM-PA, OM -RECT, OM-BENEFITS, OM-TRAINING & EVENT MGMT, OM - PD AND OTHERS.
CHECK THIS BY GOING TO IMG --> CTRL F AND GIVE INTEGRATION WITH OM )
CHECK ALL OF THEM , GO FOR PROGRAM
RHINTE00 PHINTE10 , PRHINTE20 , PHINTE30 AND 40 ALSO.
5) In TM, if group of employees get 10 days of annual leave, what will be the time evaluation status?
TIME evaluation shows the exact details maintained over to the employee through his 2006 and 2001. if they are all allowed to take leave it shows leave as paid or unpaid depending on the configuration done by the consultant for these situation. in
processing time data in payroll or even Time evaluation ( Valuation of absences ) also.
6) Find the scenario and give the result : A,B,C are employees, where A,B will get basic,HRA,DA. C gets Basic and DA. How to group for the allowances?.
Allowances are paid depending on his gradation and even wages are also paid on this criteria, if AB are paid bas, hra and DA then take three wage types ans assign to the ES Grouping and don't give HRA wage type to C.
Check basic salary of inda and ALlowances in indian payroll thorougly, bcos first of all v have to undestand this first and
then you have to decide the emp sub gtroupings.
I just wanted to know that when I am recruiting some body, I am generating his personal no also. Then I want to give him a training also. Now I just want to create 2 scenarios to clear my doubts.
1--How to create a time schedule for 1 day training where when the breaks, working hours does not coincide with the training time and the person is also booked .
2--How to create another time schedule that is coinciding with the training time and the person is not booked. What are the steps in time management, so that I can understand by both the scenarios why a person is booked and when he is not booked.
A. No need of time management. while creating an event you will be creating time schedule in the box select user defined where you can define different timings for different days with intwervals like weeks , months for this just select multiple.
Q. I need to ask you that while I am trying to book one person in training for a business event type, they are saying that this person is not available for the business event. Why is it so? But that I can book a user for the same business event type. What is the differense between user and person? Now in case if I book a person for the business event, how can I see whether that person is available for that date or not. Moreover how can I see that that person is on leave or not.
A. Create a new calendar in time mgt. with open days.means without any holidays and assign it in trng and evnt mgt. and remove time integration. To check for an employee leave or not just pa20 infotype 2001.(absence)
Q. About time managemnet. Now I am trying to book person, but I have to see whether this person is on leave or what about the break schedule so that I can give training. For this purpose I am starting again. I am recruiting 2 person, generating 2 personnal no, then prepare the infotype about time and create 2 scenarios to see that in 1 case the person is booked for training (because time schedule is not coinciding wiith the training period) and I want to create another scenario where I can see the person cannot be booked (time period coincides with the training period of only 1 day.) What are the steps of time management about both the scenarios.
A. For checking whether the person who is going on leave or who has gone on leave, to find out just got to pa20 and enter infotype 2001 absence where you will be checking whether this guy is on leave or not. If he is ill go onleave so the data will be stored in this infotype.
Q. There is 1 person but its displaying that this person cannot be booked. He is not available for the business event. Can you tell me where is it going wrong? What can be the reasons?
A. You should be able to book for all persons but it showing only for one person means you need to check infotype 2001 and his workschedule. If it showing for all the persons, just follow as below:
Create a calendar with open days means without any holidays and assign in Training and Event Management --> Basic Settings --> Controling days off --> Specify Factory Calendar in this thru drill down/check box select the calendar which you have created in time mangement without any holidays and try out if again. If it shows the same message then remove time integration.
Q. I have a certain group of employees who have vacation exceptions. The company does not want to create additional PSA/PA to enable me to put them in their own PSA Grouping for time quota types. Can I use IT2012 to bring in the exception hrs and then add this value to their accrual as defined in config. Because of this they will accrue vacation time at a higher rate. Is this possible? Combining config settings and schema to accrue leave. If I could put them in their own separate PSA grouping for time quota types it would be easy for me as I would not permit generation of quota during time eval. And then do this in the schema. Any suggestions?
A. Schemas allows you to move, delete, copy and insert lines in line editorcommands.here you can enter the commands and entered in the area used forthe line numbers. You can overwrite any of the numbers with the commnds. Sub-shemas are called by the copy commnad.
Q. I just wanted to know that when I am recruiting some body, I am generating his personal no also. Then I want to give him a training also. Now I just want to create 2 scenarios to clear my doubts.
1--How to create a time schedule for 1 day training where when the breaks, working hours does not coincide with the training time and the person is also booked .
2--How to create another time schedule that is coinciding with the training time and the person is not booked. Show me the steps in time management, so that i can understand by both the scenarios why a person is booked and when he is not booked
A. If you want the know the working hours for checking this just goto pa20 select personnel number then selet for 0007 infotype. Click display and then click for workschedule icon which is available on top. You will find the work timings on the day you require just select and thru chek box you can find his timings.
Q. What is a BSP application?
A. BSP (Business Server Pages) in the new dimension in SAP where by webapplication can be built. BSP uses HTML for the presenation and ABAP for the business logic. As an option there is also the Java flavour using JSP.BSP applications are far better than the old IAC's (Internet applicationcomponents) deliverd vide the ITS where the display format is kind of fixed.In SAP HR the new appriasal system used BSP.Well this is only basic information. You may wish to use the MBS (WASversion) to try and developed a simple application using BSP.
Q. What are the difference between : Retroactive Accounting Period, Earliest Retroactive Accounting Period!
A. Retroactive Acc Period: The retroactive accounting period refers either to an individual employee or to a payroll area. The earliest possible retroactive accounting period is specified for a payrollarea. The system also takes into consideration the employee's initial entrydate.
Earliest Retroactive Acc'g Period: The period furthest back in the past for which it is still possible toperform a retroactive accounting run. This means that retroactive accounting takes place for a period for which payroll has already been performed.
Q. How to write a variable breaks. For example in a manufacturing unit 50 employees are working, all the 50 employees will not take a break at a time, so 25 people will take a break around 11:00 to 11:30 and another 25 people will take a break around 11:30 to 12:00,
A. Variable or flexi break means if you are fixing the break as10.00-12.00 and saying that only 30 min break then they can take a break of 30 min at any time in between 10:00-12:00.
In config, under time managemnt and then work schedules, go to break schedules and create two break schedules (1) 11-1130 and the other for 1130-1200. I think each will have its own DWS. In this case for break schedule 1, the DWS will be 8000 and for break two it will be 8001. Create work schedules for each and assign to the relevant group of employees. This is the solution I could think of.
Q. Is it possible to implement hr without fico in any company? If yes, then who will create the company and other things in enterprise structure. if my company is implementing only hr without fico and in hr also only personal administration is it possible? Actually my client querieing me that whether is it possible only to maintain the employee details as he got other accounting packages like tally.
A. It is very much possible to implement HR(PA) without FICO. But it sounds very odd that the company wishes to implement only HR & that too only PA. What about other modules ? If you want other modules like MM / SD you will definitely require FICO. Utilitiwise its really absurd if some company only want to use HR(PA).
It is not madtadtory to have FI/CO or other module while implementing HR but it is required to maintain the min. config while going for the HR whereever having the integration. So the basic config such as company code, cost centre, Business Area, etc. may be maintained by the consultation of FICO counter part
For the second part of your question, YOU, the HR guy, will create minimum information in FI and maybe CO (company code, maybe cost centers). Just create an IMG project for PA HR, and the needed basic FICO activities will be included.
1. cost center and work center.
2. personnel area(WERKS) and personnel subarea.
3. Retrocalculating Account.
1) Cost Center is for assigning Symbolic acounts related for Posting in GL Accounts and Work center is related to specific work area as Utilities, Boiler section, Processing section and Others you can assume.
2) Personnel Area is an exact Geographical Location under which the comp decides to run their Processing and Personnel ares are all as the Departments in an Hierarcheal Structure which are divided for TIme mgmt, Payroll as PS grouping.
3) Retrocalculating Account. --- > First it is not Retrocalculating Account and it is the payroll which is the running in this month has to carry any earliest payroll for balancing and controlling the payments for an emp for and can be used while paying any Bonus or advance.
Read Here for More SAP HR (Human Resource) Interview Questions