Home »HR (Human Resource)
SAP HR (Human Resource)
Definition - What is SAP HR (Human Resource)?
SAP HR—an interesting and useful SAP module, uses smartly developed components for streamlining the organization structure of client organizations. Its power packed features are being widely used for designing enterprise structure models on the basis of customized business processes.
Marketing, finance, HR, R&D, Sales and distribution, etc are some of the important departments that are responsible for the proper functioning of the entire enterprise. Their accurate operations lay down the right platforms for the smooth operations of other departments. SAP HR (Human Resource) is a popular ERP tool that is being used for automating the processes of an enterprise and enabling the implementation of business objectives in a more effective manner.
In the contemporary scenario, employees are the biggest asset for an organization. This makes the task of managing human resources and the company's workforce all the more important. From the processes linked with the Recruitment of new employees to impartment of training, assigning of salary and roles, staff administration, storage of employee specific data, payroll management and more; the SAP HR Module (Human Resource) automates it all and takes the load off the HR department.
The main components used by SAP Human Resources
- Client: The term used for the entire corporate group or those at lower levels.
- Company code: Legally required in financial statements, the company code is defined in accounting elements like the balance sheets, profit and loss statement and other compliance documents.
- Personnel area: Unique to each client, it is used in SAP HR and is assigned to a specific company code.
Sub Components of SAP HR
- Personnel administration and management: This part of the module performs a wide range of necessary administrative tasks such as assigning of roles to employees, recruitment, data management and maintenance of employee master data, terminations, bonus issues, salary and so forth.
- Personnel Planning Development: It conducts the training of employees for skill enhancement in line with specific company requirements. This part of SAP HR also deals with the certification for employees and supporting of management plans by improving workforce skills.
- Organizational Management: OM appropriately establishes and streamlines the relationship between all organizational units, positions and SAP jobs. It facilitates the analysis of an organizational hierarchical structure that is based on enterprise scenario.
- Travel Management: This segment maintains the travel records of employee travel such as travel forms, reservations, reimbursement and so forth.
- Time Management: It records and evaluates work schedules, employee time data, annual leaves, working hours, attendance records and more.
- Payroll Accounting: The processes in this module includes numerous payroll tasks--basic pay, employees salary, remuneration, sick leaves,
- correction, vacation leaves, payments to third parties, payroll report generation as well as submission of all relevant data to the financial and accounting system.
If well integrated with other SAP modules and external systems, the SAP HR Module can easily manage all the information related to the employees in an organization. In a nutshell, it is a must for organizations looking towards better HR solutions, globally.
Scope and Opportunity of a Career in SAP HR
SAP HR is the highest paid SAP module and encompasses various profiles like those of a SAP payroll consultant, SAP HR Consultant and other specialized positions. A SAP HR consultant uses automated SAP tools for streamlining the functional HR domain of his/ her client organization. The tasks on hand include organizational and time management, time scheduling, payroll management, training and certification, assigning of roles, personnel management and HR administration. Candidates with experience in SAP HR and SAP HR Payroll management stand a good chance in this field if they have enough experience.
Certified SAP HR freshers may look forward to a salary of 25K to 60K while those with requisite skills and greater levels of experience can strive for up to 620K. Huge incentives are in store for better performers.
Become a Certified SAP HR Consultant
Students enrolling to this course should have basic experience in human resource management, organizational management, data configuration, payroll management and accounting procedures.
The basic requirements for this course are:
- A university degree with HR as one of the subjects.
- Good communication and time management skills.
- The ability of working with the right team spirit.
- A minimum experience of 1- 2 years in the field of SAP HR implementation.
- Basic knowledge about HR, payroll and the IT domain.
MBAs with HR and those with PGDM certification in HR are the best candidates for the course. Though preliminary knowledge of SA tools is welcome, it is not mandatory. Those with excellent leadership traits may look forward to a boost in their career graph after going through the SAP HR program.
Explore this module of SAP–you will not be disappointed!
- SAP HR Configuration Step by Step Procedure
HR Configuration Steps:First Goto SAP Logon ScreenYou come to the SAP initial screen.Overview of Human Resource Structure Define Company Company Code Assign a Company-Code to a Company Personnel Areaf ...
- SAP HR OM useful Function Modules - Organizational Management
SAP Functions Module to find the manager of org unit position personnel no or user. RH_GET_PERSONS_FROM_POSITION RH_GET_LEADING_POSITION HRCM_ORGUNIT_MANAGER_GETfind all the employee under an org. uni ...
- SAP HR (Human Resource) Certification Cost and Course Duration in India
SAP HR (Human Resource) CourseAlong with providing in depth knowledge of all the SAP HR components, HR courses come packaged with hands on experiences of the real world scenario and many live demonstr ...
- HR Payroll Posting to FI Configuration
How Payroll Updates FI/CO?Most people misunderstand how Payroll updates FI/CO? “Payroll updates FI/CO automatically just like MM and SD automatically update FI/CO, right?” WRONG!Some Payro ...
- Info type 1004
The data confined in the Challenge info type (0004) is used in order to be able to achieve the lawful duties with respects to the aids for severely dared people.If the history for the Challenge info t ...
- Difference between ABKRS and TARIFF
ABKRS vs TARIFF in SAP HRABKRS: is the default value for payroll accounting area. It is used to set Payroll area on infotype 0001.ABKRS is for defaulting the payroll accounting area means ...
- Create new employee in table using function modules or bapis without running tcode PA30 and PA40
Problem What are the steps to create new table using function modules or bapis without running tcode pa30 and pa40?While writing a program to create a new employee for tables pa0001, pa0002, pa00 ...
- Payroll Wage Type Reporter
The wage type reporter evaluates wage types from the payroll results for a selected period. This is data from tables RT (Results Table) and WPBP (Work Place Basic Pay) for the payroll results. Other t ...
- Posting The Payroll Results To FICO
For posting payroll results to Accounting, in IMG you can follow this : 1 ) First you need to create symbolic accounts. goto PAYROLL INDIA - REPORTING FOR POSTING PAYROLL RESULTS TO ACCOUNTING - ...
- SAP Time Evaluation- The Process Flow and Steps
If you are new or not enough familiar with SAP’s time processing could think that time management is quite simple process. It is like providing data about absence or attendance; it will magicall ...
- SAP HR Data Migration
Data migration is a foremost and key task for a successful SAP HR implementation.Data Migration refers to the method of transitioning facts and figures from the AS-IS environment(any non-SAP schemes) ...
- List of used infotypes
We want a list with all infotypes (+ description) USED in our company. Is there a standard way of retrieving this information? You could find a list of infotypes off the IMG. Are you looking for P ...
- Use of BETRG and ANZHL
Hi Experts, Please guide me some steps and it will be a great help for me. I found some rules have been written like this .Could you please guide me how to take this concept as there is three D ...
- Generate Personal Number in SAP HR (Tcode PA40)
Hiring an employee or worker for your organization refers to a generation of personnel number. You ought to initiate an action for hiring an employee you must have to use a Tcode PA40. Action means no ...
- SAP HR-Dynamic actions
Hi all, Can anyone please explain how to write the VARIABLE FUNCTION in creating dynamic actions? Also please tell what do we enter in the FIELDN column.Here iam mentioning certain examples .In each o ...
- Number Range for Personnel Numbers
You have two options: Internal number assignment which the SAP System assigns the personnel numbers. External number assignment which the user assigns the personnel numbers. To set the Per ...
- ESS Based on Web Dynpro ABAP
SAP has provided the Employee Self-Service (ESS) component based completely on Web Dynpro ABAP technology. The WD ABAP-based ESS services are available with software component EA-HR 605. You can fi ...
- SAP HR Project Implementation Steps ?
The implementation of your SAP System covers the following phases: Project Preparation In this phase you plan your project and lay the foundations for successful implementation. It is at this stag ...
- To change IT0003 (Payroll Status)?
I am currently running Jan 2003 payroll but because Dec 2001 records are accidentally 'touched' eg. IT0015, the system will do a retro starting from Dec 2001 till Jan 2003. When some historical re ...
- Difference Between Indian & US Payroll
Indian Payroll Vs. US Payroll These are the differences between Indian and U.S payrolls:SAP has given country specific payrolls for more than 40countries Each country specific version is cal ...