In 3.0, serial numbers can be included in the following business transactions:
Sales order - delivery note - goods receipt - goods issue - contract (SD) - inspection lot.
The aim of the 3.0 development was to detail the quantity specifications of a material for these operations using a list of the assigned serial numbers without forcing a continuous transaction history of individual serial numbers.
However, a complete stock check on individual part level is not supported in 3.0. This would require an expansion to the areas such as
Stock category (stock in quality inspection, blocked stock, ...)
Special stocks (consignment, subcontracting, ...)
The planning dimension (availability of serial numbers) is also not part of 3.0.
For this reason, there is intentionally no strict check of the stock information of a serial number when including in business transactions.
The data fields of a serial number, plant (EQUI-WERK) and storage location (EQUI-LAGER) are not checked during inventory management transactions (MB01, MB04, MB0A, MB11, MB1A, MB1B, MB1C, MB31, MBRL, MBSL, MBST). This has the result, that stocks of a material that requires serial numbers cannot always be explained using the serial numbers of the material or its stock information.
In 4.0, you can execute a verification of the plant and storage location data in the serial number via Customizing.
In 4.5, this verification is expanded on all characteristics of the inventory management (see notes)
However, a serial number physical inventory is also not realized in 4.5. This is part of 4.6.
If only the serial numbers whose plant/stock assignments match the movement document should be offered for selection for a business transaction, then you can use the "serial number selection" function in all outward stock movements. The plant and storage location of the material document are then used as selection criteria for the selection report.
- Movement Types in SAP MM Inventory Management
- What is SAP Materials Management Module.
- What is SAP MM (Materials Management), Course, Fees, Career & Certification?
- Material Management Definition
- SAP MM Tree Menu
- Inventory management: Negative stocks
- BAPIs related to MM
- MM Tips for Abapers
- MM Process Flow
- Serialized Material in WM Without HUM
- In Need of Material Management study material
- Business Blue Print ( BBP) in MM (Material Management)
- Converting material to a serial number profile
- Quality Management Study material
- Material AC805 Cash Management
- SAP Materials Management & Warehouse Management Training
- Batch Management FIFO
- SAP Materials Management Interview Questions
- Materials Management Barcode Scanning Setup
- Customizing Materials Management Processes in SAP ERP
- SAP FI MM SD Integration (.pdf file), Material Management integration
- User Exits and BAdIs in SAP MM (Materials Management)
- Materials Management MM Release 4.6C PDF Book Download
- Materials Management with SAP ERP: Functionality and Technical Configuration PDF
- SAP Purchasing Management
- Quality Management with SAP
- Warehouse Management Guide
- 100 Things About Materials Management in SAP ERP PDF Book Download
- Create Purchase Information Record-Materials Management Purchasing
ABAP HANA Consultant Job | 5 - 8 yrs | Bengaluru | SAP India
Exp :3 - 5 years | City : Bangalore
Urgent requirement for SAP SRM CONSULTANT for permanent job
Exp :4 - 15 years | City : Roorkee
Opening for Sr. SAP Basis Consultant @ Bangalore (Immediate
Exp :6 - 15 years | City : Bangalore
SAP MM Certified consultant
Exp :2 - 0 years | City : Noida
SAP FI/CO Revenue Recognition - Bramasol is based in Santa
Exp :10 - 20 years | City : Other International
Urgent requirement |SAP SD Techno functional
Exp :5 - 11 years | City : Bangalore
due to AV scan timeout
Exp :3 - 0 years | City : US
SAP Process Specialist
Exp :3 - 5 years | City : US
SAP Hana Cloud Integeration | 6 - 9 Years | Pune | Atos
Exp :6 - 9 years | City : Pune
SAP FICO Consultant | 4 - 6 yrs | Kolkata | Softlogique IT S
Exp :4 - 6 years | City : Kolkata