»MM (Materials Management)
SAP MM (Materials Management)
- SAP MM - Overview
- SAP MM Certification Cost in India
- SAP MM (Materials Management) Tutorial
- SAP MM Consultant Salary & Job Profile
- SAP MM Interview Questions and Answers
- SAP Purchase Order Tcode
- How to Change Standard Price in SAP ?
- Difference Between Taxinn and Taxinj
- Purchase Order and Goods Receipt Interview Questions
- SAP PO Release Strategy Table
- SAP MM Release Procedure Interview Questions
- SAP Alternate Unit of Measure Table
- SAP MM Books
- 500 sap internal server error rabax_state
- Movement Types in SAP MM
- How to Delete Material in SAP
- SAP BMBC Tcode Functions
- SAP MM Info Update Indicator
- Reverse Material document in SAP
- Create New Material Group in SAP
- SAP MM Transaction Codes
- SAP MM Process Flow
- Message No. FF713 Tax Code XX does not Exist for TAXINN
- How to get PO Number from Invoice Number in SAP
- SAP Ord.ds MRP Element Meaning
- SAP Movement Type 711 and 712
- SAP MM BBP Blueprint
- SAP Sales Order Vs Available Stock
- SAP MMRV & MMPI
- Vendor List in SAP
- SAP MM Reports
- Difference between Company and Company Code
- SAP Bapi_Goodsmvt_Create
- SAP MRKO: List / Document display
- SAP MM Price Determination FAQs
- SAP Clear Stock in Transit
- SAP Tcode MC.9 - Find Tables
- SAP MM Valuation Class
- SAP UOM (Unit of Measure)
- SAP Intercompany STO Accounting Entries
- Two Way Match vs Three Way Match in SAP
- Standard Price vs Moving Average Price
- Split Valuation in SAP MM
- Assign Valuation Type to Material Master
- SAP MM CBP vs MRP
- Framework Order vs Blanket Purchase Order
- SAP Opening and Closing Stock Report
- SAP T-code MR1M- Direct posting to G/L Account
- SAP MM Dead Stock vs Slow Moving Items
- SAP MM Tree Menu
- What is MRP in SAP MM
Definition or Meaning - What is SAP MM?
Full form or SAP MM stands for (Materials Management), one of the most popular SAP modules, is an integral part of modern day ERP systems and helps the other SAP modules in covering all the primary departments of a client enterprise. It is specifically designed to automate and streamline the processes of procurement, Inventory Management, valuation and invoice verification. Ranking high in the list of larger sized modules of SAP, these materials manufacturing components are attracting professionals from all across the globe and are helping them build up their career paths as SAP analysts, trainers, functional coordinators or consultants.
The MM application module is totally compatible with the SAP ERP software and manages the procurement as well as other inventory functions that keep taking place in day-to-day business operations. It encompasses all master data, transactions for completing all the procurement processes, system configuration and so forth. The SAP MM (Materials Management ) module is responsible for many varied functions like goods receiving, purchasing, consumption-based planning, material storage and inventory and is well integrated with other modules belonging to the SAP R/3 System like:
- Finance (FI)
- Controlling (CO)
- SAP Sales and Distribution (SD)
- SAP Quality Management (QM)
- SAP Plant Maintenance (PM)
- SAP Production Planning (PP)
- SAP Warehouse Management (WM) and so forth.
According to professionals in the field, one of the most useful sub-modules of SAP MM module is Purchasing and procurement. In most organizations, the purchasing process begins when there is a requirement for materials/services for the smooth functioning of its various processes. If these materials/services are incapable of being obtained from the company’s internal resources, then it becomes important for the management to seek vendors and/ or suppliers who can provide the same in a reliable fashion and in accordance to predefined deadlines. The ensuing purchasing process involves:
- Creation of Purchase Requisition (PR)
- Generation of Purchase Order (PO)
- Receipt of goods/ services
- Invoice Verification
- Payment to vendors.
SAP MM also supports the features and functionalities of the organizational structure, plant, valuation areas, storage locations, vendors and purchasing organizations/ groups. It goes a long way in supporting the different phases of materials management like:
- Materials planning and control
- Purchases and procurement processes
- Receiving of goods
- Inventory management and
- Invoice verification.
- Vendor valuation
- Statutory Requirements
Scope and Opportunity of a Career in SAP MM
This course is suited for all professionals with a basic university degree like BA, BBA, B.Sc., MBA, Engineering, M.Tech and so forth—provided the degree is obtained from a recognized university. Knowledge of basic computer handling skills is obviously welcome.
This course is suitable for those wanting to frame a career as SAP functional configurators, consultants or SAP functional analysts in the field of Materials and Manufacturing. They should have prior knowledge of important business processes relevant to manufacturing, production management, Inventory Management, planning material management and plant management as well.
This course is also helpful for project members, business analysts, purchasing controllers and staff handling the departments of material planning and inventory management; as an add on module for enhancing their skills. Along with the above mentioned educational and job-specific qualifications, they should possess good team player skills, effective communication skills and the willingness to perform with different time schedules and in adverse conditions.
Become a Certified SAP MM Consultant
After successful completion of this certification course, candidates may aspire for well paid jobs with different profiles like SAP functional analysts, SAP functional configurators in MM, SAP MM consultants and SAP MM Plant Maintenance analysts. An experience of SAP MM full life cycle implantation, effective analytical and planning skills, and experience of 2 - 4years on real life projects is preferred by companies offering good opportunities for the stated job profiles.
While the starting salary figure for these job profiles in India is about INR 55000; the figures start rising with the experience of having handled at least one Life Cycle Implementation of SAP. Specialization in certain functional areas may fetch lucrative pay packages of up to INR 700 K.
With so much and a lot more in store, SAP MM is surely the right way to go. Join today!
- SAP MM (Material Management) Transaction Code List
T-code for SAP MM( Material Management) module Material Master MM01 - Create Material MM02 - Change Material MM03 - Display Material MB03 - Display Material Document Vendor Master XK01 ...
- SAP MM (Materials Management) Certification Cost and Course Duration in India
There are various institutes located across the country that offer certification courses for SAP MM (Materials Management), with varying training fees, durations and methodologies. Reputed institutes ...
- PO Release Strategy
How to Configure PO Release Strategy?The aim of the SAP purchase order release procedure is to replace the manual written authorization procedures. An electronic signatures is used instead, maintainin ...
- PO (Purchase Order) Transaction Code
MASS MAINTENANCE T-codesMEMASSPO Mass maintenance of POsMEMASSRQ Mass maintenance of PRsMEMASSSA Mass Maintenance of Scheduling AgreementsMEMASSIN Mass Maintenance of info recordsMEMASSCONTRACT M ...
- Movement Types in SAP MM Inventory Management
What is a Movement Type? Key for a specific goods movement Quantity Update (Stock Tables) Value Update (FI Document, account determination) Screen Layeout (dialog only) GR/GI Slip Print Checks (min. s ...
- SAP MM Process Flow
The typical procurement cycle for a service or material consists of the following phases:1. Determination of RequirementsMaterials requirements are identified either in the user departments or via mat ...
- List of Standard Reports in MM
Here are some useful query transactions, note that some rely on LIS records, so it must be activated:MB51 Material Doc. List MB5L List of Stock Values: Balances MBBS Display valuated special stock MC$ ...
- Difference between Company and Company Code in SAP System
Company vs Company Code in SAPCompany: It is the unit to which your financial statements are created and can have one to many company codes assigned to it. A company is equivalent to your legal b ...
- Job Profile & Salary Package for MM Consultant
This certification course can provide good paid jobs with different profiles like SAP MM consultants, SAP functional Analyst in MM like SAP MM Plant Maintenance analyst, SAP functional Configurator ...
- Unit of Measure (UOM) in SAP MM
What is Unit of Measure (UOM) and how to create it?In SAP to measure the quantity of the material unit of measure is used. In other words unit of measure is used to express the quantity. for exam ...
- Difference between Two Way and Three Way Match Invoice
Two Way Match vs Three Way Match Invoice Two-way match is used to compare the invoice received from vendor with the Purchase Order. Three-way match is used to match the details of PO, Goods Rece ...
- How to Change Standard Price in Material Master
The standard price can not be updated directly. One way to update the standard price is to fill the fields Future Price (MBEW-ZKPRS) and the Effective Date (MBEW-ZKDAT) for the material on the acc ...
- Transaction MR1M- Direct posting to G/L Account
We can provide the following solutions as workarounds.For directly posting to a G/L account, you can use the blanket purchase order. Postings to various account assignment categories can also take pla ...
- What is MRP in SAP MM
MRP means Material Requirement planning. It helps for inventory management of material. There is a two MRP view: MRP1 & MRP2 MRP1: In this view,maintain the min. & Max stock of materi ...
- Goods Movement Type in SAP MM
In SAP Materials Management, goods movement is distinguished using a three digit key which is called the "movement type". The movement type is important because it controls the screen layout ...
- Info Update Indicator in PO with Info Records
Info Update IndicatorInfo Update field is used to specify that the info record is to be created or updated while creating or changing quotations, scheduling agreements, contracts, and purchase orders. ...
- Steps of FI-MM Integration
FI-MM Integration Process Flow in MM Step 1 Generating purchase requisition( PP-MM involved) Step 2 Making inquiries (MM) Step 3 Raising purchase order (MM) Step 4 Release of purchase order ( MM ...
- Convert base Unit of Measure to Alternative Unit of Measure
Base Unit of Measure:A unit of measurement that can be determined by taking one measurement without having to combine any other measurement. Length, mass, and temperature are examples of base units.Al ...
- MMBE Tcode in Stock Overview
T.Code MMBET.Code MMBE is used to check the availablity of stocks at plant level and it also check stock availability of a particular batch at plant. In other words If you want to check for stock of a ...
- Difference between Blanket Purchase Order and Framework Order
Blanket Purchase Order vs Framework OrderIn general the Blanket POs are used for consumable materials such as Xerorx papers with a short text (does not need to have Master Record) with Item Category & ...