You want to transport SAPscript Texts from a source system to the target system. You can do it in different ways. If you want to copy texts within a system from one client to the other you can execute the report RSTXTCPY. In other cases, i.e. transporting the texts between the different systems, you can use the report RSTXTRAN.
This report (RSTXTRAN) itself does not perform any transporting but is used to prepare a Transport Task (TT). Having prepared the TT with RSTXTRAN you have then to release it and the corresponding Transport Request (TR) in a normal way (e.g. with an assistance of Customizing Organizer - SE10).
Please note the Type of Transport Requests (WBO or Customizing) depends on the system settings.
Working with RSTXTRAN
1. Execute the report RSTXTRAN (e.g. within the transaction SE 38)
2. On the selection screen appeared you may specify:
2.1. Name of the Transport Task (TT). Make sure you specify the Transport TASK number, NOT the Transport REQUEST ! You may leave this field empty if you did not create to this moment the appropriate TT. Later you will be able to create it within the report.
2.2. Text Key. This composite key consists of four fields: Object, Name, Id and Language. You may specify these fields also generic (caution: until Rel.4.6A you have to specify '*' if you need a generic selection; leaving a field empty will cause a search for the blank field that usually returns no results!). This key serves as preliminary search restriction only and does NOT mean all the texts which satisfied the specified key must be included into TT.
3. Having specified some fields on the selection screen you can go further with 'Execute'(F8).
4. On the screen appeared you will see the list of texts that satisfy the specified restrictions. By default all the texts are selected for including in the TT. You can deselect all the texts or select all of them again using the function 'deselect all' or 'select all' respectfully. Certainly you may select the texts individually as well. In order to proceed you have to use function code 'continue' clicking on the icon 'OK' or pressing the button 'ENTER'.
5. At this stage you get another list of texts that already exactly defines the list of texts to be included in a Transport Task. You cannot change this list any more. If you want to change something (add new texts or exclude any of them) you have to go one step back (F3) and update your selection. You can now include this list to the TT by pressing the button in the toolbar 'Transfer texts to correction request' and confirming the action.
6. If you have left the field 'Name of Correction' empty on the first selection screen you will then be asked to provide the Transport Request number. You can select it from already existed ones or create a new one. However if you specify anything(!) in the field 'Name of correction' on the first selection screen and the specified TT does NOT exist (generic input is not allowed there) you will get an error message 'Request/Task xxx does not exist' (TR 806). In that case please go to the first screen and fill out this field correctly, or leave it completely empty. Then repeat the selection again.
7. When you have performed all the steps properly you get a message the selected texts were included into TT. Now you can leave the report and release the appropriate Transport Task/Request in Customizing Organizer (SE10).