Info Update Indicator
Info Update field is used to specify that the info record is to be created or updated while creating or changing quotations, scheduling agreements, contracts, and purchase orders.
The values of the InfoUpdate indicator vary according to the type of purchasing document in question. In quotations, contracts, scheduling agreements, and in the conventional purchase order (transactions ME21, ME22, and ME23)
The InfoUpdate indicator can have one of four different values:
The info record is not updated.
A) If an info record exists at plant level, it is updated. Otherwise an info record at purchasing organization level is updated.
B) If plant conditions are allowed for the plant, an info record at plant level is updated.
C) If plant conditions are not necessary for the plant, an info record at purchasing organization level is updated.
How to Update Info Update Indicator
If the info update indicator is set, the order price history and the last PO number are written to the info record independently of the value of the indicator (A, B, C) when a PO is created. Net price and conditions are defaulted from the info record. If the validity period of the condition has expired, net price and condition are defaulted from the last PO.
If the info update indicator has been set, neither net price nor conditions are written to the info record when a PO is created. If no info record exists yet, in this case one is created. In the process no conditions are adopted from the PO. If default conditions are overwritten during creation of a PO, they can be retrieved from the info record via the function "New pricing" (new price determination).
When a quotation is created, all conditions are written to the info record if the info update indicator has been set.
When a quotation is changed, the gross price PB00 is written to the info record. If further supplementary conditions for PB00 (such as FRA1) are changed in the quotation, they will also be written to the info record. If only a supplementary condition is changed in the quotation without change of the gross price (PB00), it will not be written to the info record. If the info update indicator is not set in the quotation, nothing is updated in the info record. If a condition is marked as manual in the condition schema, it will not be transferred either.
When creating a contract, the net price, effective price, and all conditions are copied from the info record, provided that an info record exists and the relevant prices have been maintained there. This takes place irrespective of the info update indicator. If no info record exists yet, it will be created when saving the contract with info update indicator. The net price, effective price, and conditions are written from the contract to the info record.
- If no info record exists and "Plant condition requirement" has been specified in Customizing, an info record with a plant is created. Otherwise an info record without a plant is created.
- If only one info record with or without a plant exists, the record is updated.
- If two info records exist, one record with a plant and one without a plant, the info record with the plant is updated.
Info Record Condition tab
- If you flag the Info update indicator in the PO the info record gets created, but with no conditions tab.
- When you create an info record manually only then Conditions tab is created.
- Only the conditions keep getting updated in order price history table, which retrieves the PO price when you create a PO.
- If you tick the info update in PO, the Info record is created for the Conditions you have specified in trxn OMF0.
Read Here for More SAP MM Tutorials