If primary database is down what will be status of standby database?
- If Protection mode is Maximum Availability
- If Protection mode is Maximum Performance
- If protection mode is Maximum Protection
If standby database is down for last one month, what will be your step as DBA to startup the standby database?
1) If primary database is down, nothing will happen to standby database it means provided FSFO is not enabled. If FSFO enabled, standby database will be converted into primary database.
2) If the standby database is down then we need to resolve the GAP issues. But if the protection mode is in "Max Protection" and the standby database is down, primary database will be automatically terminated.