Numerous reputed institutes located across the world are now imparting SAP PP training to interested candidates in the entry and advanced levels of their SAP Career. The level of expertise and experience attained by those aspiring for these courses determines the duration of these courses. On the other hand, the fee structure is dependent on the policies and methodologies practiced by individual institutes. In general, the duration of a SAP PP course ranges from 5 to 17 days while the fees vary from INR 15,000 to INR to 3 lacs.
The topics covered include:
- Introduction to ERP and SAP production planning and navigation concepts (in brief).
- Creation and Management of Master Data
- Sales and Operations Planning (SOP) - which develops the skills to forecast production and sales plans on the basis of future, present and historical data.
- Material Requirements Planning and the various parameters for calculating the overall needs from the planning run.
- Shop Floor Control - creation and management of the production order; releasing the order sheets for production and their settling; and goods movements.
- Capacity - planning and evaluation.
- KANBAN - which is a process based on the system of pulling KANBAN cards for generating the replenishment cycle.
- Product Cost Planning, which evaluates time values and the value of component materials for determining the product cost.
- The components related to Reporting and Analysis
A career in SAP PP requires the following basic skills:
- Degree from a recognized institute/ university and a good educational background.
- Basic knowledge of information and computer applications.
- Prior knowledge and hand-on experience (optional but beneficial) of production planning and ERP tools
Training in this SAP (System Application & Products ) Module is best suited for project team members, business analysts, IT staff, inventory managers, managerial staff in the department of production and purchasing, consultants, trainers and so forth. After receiving a certification in this course, they can perform their tasks with the help of SAP PP tools and software applications –in an accurate and efficient manner.
In the current scenario, there is an urgent requirement for SAP PP Certified professionals. As only 7 out of 10000 Indian professionals are having an expertise in SAP PP, there is a huge demand of entrants as well as experienced people in this field.
SAP PP (Production Planning) module certification can help candidates aspire for the lucrative job positions of senior consultants, SAP PP Consultants, assistant managers and senior level managers.
In India, the most popular locations for SAP PP professionals are Delhi, Gurgaon, Mumbai and Bengaluru. Mahindra and Mahindra, Hindustan Unilever, Tata Consultancy and Jindal Steel & Power are some of the top paying companies that are helping freshers embark on their careers. With attractive pay packages averaging in the range of 2.8 lacs p.a. to 5.14 lacs p.a. for fresh entrants with nil experience, this SAP module is indeed worthy of a look.
The top paying companies that are attracting SAP professionals with over 7 years of experience in their bag are: Promed Exports with a package of 50 lacs p.a. and Huawei Telecommunications with 30 lacs annually. These and other companies in the fray are known for paying huge bonuses and boast of a 17 percent increment in salaries after a year of experience.
So, gear up to unleash the powers of SAP PP and take your career to the next levels of success - today.