SE16 vs SE16N
- SE16 allows you to view data stored in different fields in tables, structures etc.
- SE16 is a data browser and it is used to view the contents of the table and we cannot change or append new fields to the existing structure of the table as we cannot view the structure level display using the SE16.
- SE16 is a normal transaction.
- The transaction code SE16N (general table display) is an improved version of the old data browser (SE16). It looks a bit different to the old “data browser” functionality (SE16).
- SE16N is an Enjoy Transaction. Enjoy Transaction is nothing but having some graphics and look is completely different with the normal transaction.
- You can see technical names and descriptions for fields.The results are displayed in ALV grid format.
- The variants of SE16N provide more flexibility than the variants of SE16.
Difference between SAP Transaction Codes SE16 and SE16N:
In SE16, the name of the variant for all users is used. However, in SE16N, several users can create a variant of the same name but with different content.
In other words, the variant XXX can be created by both user A and user B. You can delete Variant in SE16N by entering the table name>Goto Variant>Press Delete, while deleting the variant make sure that you select delete variant "In all clients".